Phantis Forums

PLAYOFFS

Irlandos

After the 3rd round results (AEK - Atromitos 3-2 and PAOK - PAO 1-0), the playoff tables for positions 2-5 is as follows:

1. PAOK-------7

2. AEK---------6

3. PAO --------5

4. Atromitos---2

It looks like second-place finishers PAO are falling apart...

After the 4th round results (PAO - PAOK 2-0 and Atromitos - AEK 1-0) the playoff tables for positions 2-5 is as follows:

1. PAO --------8

2. PAOK-------7

3. AEK---------6

4. Atromitos---5

Who said Panathinaikos were dead??? :huh:

If AEK beats PAOK, then it'll come down to PAO-AEK in the last game. That's nice. May the best team win. And, actually AEK would have to win in order to advance.

As for PAO, they may go to the CL preliminaries but with this kind of playing they won't go far. Plus, most of these players will leave anyway. It's time to rebuilt, once again.

Sadly, I don't see Greek teams being competitive next season. The domestic league is f@ked up.

After the 5th round results (AEK - PAOK 2-0 and Atromitos - PAO 0-1) the playoff tables for positions 2-5 is as follows:

1. PAO -------11

2. AEK---------9

3. PAOK-------7

4. Atromitos---5

Should AEK defeat PAO in the last playoff game, AEK will go to the CL. Any other result favours PAO.

Without the +4 that PAO started with, the situation would have been the reverse! PAO would have to beat AEK, no other result would do.

I think with a PAO win they'd have the advantage over PAOK should they beat Atromitos at home.

Actually I'm not convinced about the need for the playoffs. Why should a team that comes second have to play others ..20 point below in the standings?

I think they should have 20 teams (England does and they have 2 cups plus the league plus long euro competitions) in the league and no playoffs.

I'd also suggest that the cup be open only to teams that haven't made it to european competition the previous year so lesser teams can compete for a title. There's something wrong with 2-3 teams, the same year after year, get all the titles in Greece.

For a small country in such a financial trouble (for many, many years to come), fewer teams are needed, I think. It's not the number of games; If athletes can play so many games in Germany and England and Spain, why not in Greece too? They are all professionals.

Having fewer teams over all but more in div. 1 may be better for the sport. Stronger teams, more competitive, better finances, etc. There's too much width not enough depth in the Gr league.

See what Atromitos and Halkidona did. Atromitos was going to div 3 and Halkidona was mid-table, but since they merged Atromitos is the most successful Greek team in my opinion, measuring their success given their budget and resources.

After the 6th - and final - round results (PAO - AEK 1-0 and PAOK - Atromitos 0-1) the playoff tables for positions 2-5 ends up as follows:

1. PAO -------14

2. AEK---------9

3. Atromitos---8

4. PAOK-------7

Panathinaikos will play in the qualifiers of the Champions' League. Should they win, they will go on to the playoffs for a spot in the Group Stage.

AEK will play in the playoffs for the Group Stage of the Europa League.

Atromitos will play in the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa League.

PAOK will play in the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League.

Archived