Phantis Forums

We're losing players...

Irlandos

apparently karampelas and leonardo came out today and threatend the club to either let them go for free, or they will file a suit for missed wages which equal a total of just over 1mill.

i feel bad for you aek fans, i hope pao does not fall into the same boat, which is very possible if someone doesnt come in and help out. if all these players leave this winter, aek will have a very tough time the rest of the season.

looking at this from a positive light, this may give the club a chance to rebuild the team using all young greek players. in a time where money is short, the youth team is a great option to help rebuild the team and fill the roster...

:( hard hearing that one of greece's biggest clubs with such rich history is facing such tough times...the fans have to stick with it and continue supporting with all their heart, a club is only as big as their fans make them!!

It looks like the deal that will send Manolas to England will be completed today.

Well, Manolas is still in yellow and black as the Toffees have stopped talking to AEK.

To be honest, I think Manolas needs to cook for another 2-3 years in Greece before he'll be ready for foreign ventures.

i agree, at everton manolas would be very much like vellios, a fringe player on the bench making occasional appearnaces...

thats fine for a player in vellios situation, but manolas is a starter at aek and could use another two years experience playing regularly to improve. defenders typically have more stable longevity than strikers and manolas is in a critical period where he needs to be playing week in week out.

to be honest, i dont think manolas is capable at the moment of competing in england. i dont believe he is strong enough and i dont believe he is quick enough to make for his lack of physical presence. his positional sense is great, but you need either size or speed to compete in the premier league.

good move for both him and aek to stay.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sport.gr/Article/%CE%95%CE%B9%C.../24-121552.html

mia megali m*****a...

i understand our young players wanting to leave to get into a better league and improve as a player, but his advancement will only be marginal better in the ukraine, if that....

bad deal for aek who probably could have received better money now and even more so a bit down the line...with inflated prices as they are now, aek could have probably gotten at least 1 mill. shows the desperation that is the greek league, with almost every club struggling financially....

I think the deal had to be made. AEK needed the money + Dnepr needed a defender = everyone's happy.

AEK couldn't wait as the transfer period in W. Europe is over. By the summertime, Manolas would've been a free agent.

To be honest, I was much sadder to see Socratis and Moras go. Kostas Manolas never impressed me much.

I was in the same flight with Kostas and Stelios from Athens to Kiev.

We talked a bit. He seemed both certain and happy that he would leave.

We will see howthis one ends, but the bottom line is, guided by Stelios, Kostas is on the door waiting for the right opportunity to grab the cash...

cant blame him if unbiased... as AEK right now is not at its best shape in all fronts, but I hurt me to see the same look in his eyes as the look of Stelios all these years...

if not now ... for some cash, I am sure that Kostas (Stelios) will go to the next available club or If AEK finds some financial provider, they will try to milk him dry in order to stay.

He did it before, and I strongly believe that despite some talent and some potential (but I am not sure about the level of each) ... the worth / salary ratio right now is waaay below 1 ... (as the numerator seems finally small and the denominator artificially swollen)

Archived