Phantis Forums

Zenit - APOEL

Irlandos

APOEL play tomorrow, 23/11/2011, in St Petersburg (formerly Leningrad) against Zenit.

A win will assure our yellow-blues of qualification, a draw will put them in the driver's seat. Are the Cyprus / Hellenic representatives up to it?  :huh:

Actually a draw will put them through regardless of any other results. Since Porto and Zenit meet in the last game, and only one team could pass Apoels potential 9 points. Or am i missing something?

I must be dreaming. I MUST BE DREAMING!!!

APOEL have been amazing though. At home to Zenit they showed some beautiful creative inter-changing passing that was reminiscent of Barcelona or Arsenal at times. At home to Porto they showed a more patient passing game, a "possession football" game. Away at Porto they were solid and dangerous on the counter and should have won in injury time. Away at Shakhtar and tonight they were hanging on by the skin of their teeth, showing they can be solid and gritty too. Basically APOEL have shown a different face in every game with the only common theme that they've been impressive and adaptable.

APOEL = MAKING CYPRUS AND GREECE PROUD! :gr:

Archived