Phantis Forums

Marseille - Olympiakos

Irlandos

Well done by Oly! :gr:

Exciting game that could have gone either way, with Oly missing more chances.

They played this game believing, because they should have won in Greece too.

What a difference between the way they played today and in Germany.

That was a waisted opportunity against a team they had easily beaten at home.

A tie between Borussia and Marseilles will guarantee at least Europa League.

PEACE

They had a coreo reading "Uparxei mono mia Elliniki omada sthn A8hna: AEK".

Olympiakos looking sharp in the final third, good pace and movement, the service from midfield hasn't been good though. Well organised at the back though. Olympiakos can win this

Congratulations to Oly for this great result! :tup:

Also, some side info on the AEK banner: the AEK, Marseille and Livorno ultras have always had a strong relationship (calling themselves "united ultras") which of course explains the banner.

The Arsenal game is going to be extremely interesting in my opinion. Most people are taking it for an easy win but Arsenal will certainly play a stronger than the last time the visited Pireas. It will be more similar to the one that beat Olymp earlier in the season. I expect it to look something like this:

---------------------------------------Fabianski----------------------------------------

Jenkinson---------------Djourou-------------------Ignasi----------------------Gibbs

------------------Diaby--------------Frimpong-----------------Rosicky---------------

Oxlade-Chamberlain----------------Chamakh/Park-------------Arshavin/Benayoun

That team would challenge for title in Greece so this is by no means an easy game. Olympiakos can win this and I expect them to be in Europe afterwards, just not sure if it will be the CL.

Archived