Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - OFI

Irlandos

Funny thing, this morning I watched a video from 20 years ago when Oly was up 4-0 on OFI at home, but within half an hour, OFI beat them 4-5!

OFI seems stronger than I expected this season coming from Div. 2.

a very interesting match. oly went 2-0 up then underestimated ofis ability to fight their way back into the match..it was an exciting come back, but a match that oly should have wrapped up, they made more chances and played better for the majority of the match. the team fell asleep, costanzo made an error and it finished 2-2...

for me the match was overshadowed by one very bad event. fetz's dive in the first half was disgraceful. a player of that age, should not be falling in the box and looking to secure a penalty...he was barely touched and just simply...dove..little to no contact whatsoever...he should have been booked in addition...that sort of attitude is poor for a player of his age...

a very interesting match. oly went 2-0 up then underestimated ofis ability to fight their way back into the match..it was an exciting come back, but a match that oly should have wrapped up, they made more chances and played better for the majority of the match. the team fell asleep, costanzo made an error and it finished 2-2...

for me the match was overshadowed by one very bad event. fetz's dive in the first half was disgraceful. a player of that age, should not be falling in the box and looking to secure a penalty...he was barely touched and just simply...dove..little to no contact whatsoever...he should have been booked in addition...that sort of attitude is poor for a player of his age...

PAO123... I have to tell you... I hate that crap as well.... These players need to understand that it has to stop and EPO needs to step in. I would've minded if "FETFA" would've received a card for the dive.

It's something that UEFA / FIFA / EPL / EPO etc all have to join and make this part of the game no existient.

Trust me everyone I understand that it's tough we're all humans, BUT IT NEEDS TO STOP!

Finally as far as the game I agree that Olympiacos (or any other Greek Team) should NEVER take their foot off the gas... THey need to keep pressing and to keep running the score up.. How many time do we see EPL game finish 6-1 4-0 5-3 etc... The players, coaches, staff have been taught to just keep going till the final whistle..

Now it's over lets just hope that Olympiacos is going to be ready for Dortmund in Germany..

OFI seems stronger than I expected this season coming from Div. 2.

They are going to be a very hard nut to crack!

I liked their fight-back spirit yesterday. They managed to equalise despite having very little of the ball (possession was almost 70% - 30% in favour of OSFP).

Not to mention they have a very good keeper from N. Ireland :rolleyes:

You know, if OFI makes it into Europe Carroll's contract stipulates lots of $$$. They didn't think they'd finish that high and would be happy to remain in the SL, but who knows....

That's what I like about English football, that they keep playing no matter what.

As for the fake dives, well, there should be somekind of penalty for "unsportsmanlike conduct." And, it should be able to be assessed after the game too (video). It harms the sport.

Archived