Phantis Forums

Greece - Croatia

tihio10

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable! Karagounis has 2 corners knocked away with ease by Vukojevic, but on the third try the ball gets to Samaras, who beats Pletikosa low!

People have stated how good the Croatian midfielders are and they are very strong there. Problem is that you need good defenders and strong forward.

Have they had a great forward since D. Suker retired??

The chumps they have today have not been impressive.

Greece really missed NINIS today but they made up for it by playing a smart game.

Smart???

By playing it safe the first half and making it a one half game. You don't want to get into a shootout with the Croat midfield. They stayed patient and eventually got the first goal.

Even better was that they just didn't stay back to defend at all costs. They pushed and got the 2nd goal on a horrible defensive lapse by the Croats.

Well executed overall.

I think a tie in Georgia gives them the Group but I'd like someone to confirm that point.

if we tie vs georgia and they win i believe we still go through on aggregate score between the two as we draw them in the first match...

That's what I believe.

It's head to head first and not goal difference or some other tie breaker.

Georgia would love to play the spoiler so Greece has to remain humble going into that game.

I LOVE IT WHEN I'M WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously overestimated croatia.....i guess if you give them too much room they can hurt you, but we seem have the style of play that gives slav teams trouble....

one thing we can always depend on and that is this teams unpredictability.....they definately play to their competition.....

had this one all wrong, but that fine with me...

Croatian coach (Bilic) said Greece cant score 2 goals and one of their players (Modric) said Croatia is a better team. Well, this Croatian team couldn't score in either match. Greece's first big home win against a name team in 5 years...

Page 6

Equality of points after the group matches:

7.04 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the

following criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings:

1) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;

2) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Are our fans stupid? Shinning lasers on the Croatian player faces?

Ok so I just got back from Karaiskaki... I'm wondering if any of what I saw came across to you guys because I'm not reading anything about it here.

Croatian fans were awful. Everything went downhill after the national hymns, where they started throwing fotovolides at our fans, tried throwing a molotov (!) at our fans which, retarded as they were, hit their own section, threw chairs and everything they could find at the MAT that surrounded them (and kept them surrounded for the remainder of the game). I guess the ever so lovely Hajduk Split fans had a lot to do with this.

After the 1-0 they kept their mouth shut for the rest of the game though (I have some lovely vids of our fans' reaction :D).

Having said that the atmosphere on our side was superb, I have quite a bit of footage of stuff going on both on and off the field which I will post when I'm back home.

Now, let's concentrate on not shooting ourselves in the foot and getting the result vs. Georgia.

Ok so I just got back from Karaiskaki... I'm wondering if any of what I saw came across to you guys because I'm not reading anything about it here.

Croatian fans were awful. Everything went downhill after the national hymns, where they started throwing fotovolides at our fans, tried throwing a molotov (!) at our fans which, retarded as they were, hit their own section, threw chairs and everything they could find at the MAT that surrounded them (and kept them surrounded for the remainder of the game). I guess the ever so lovely Hajduk Split fans had a lot to do with this.

After the 1-0 they kept their mouth shut for the rest of the game though (I have some lovely vids of our fans' reaction :D).

Having said that the atmosphere on our side was superb, I have quite a bit of footage of stuff going on both on and off the field which I will post when I'm back home.

Now, let's concentrate on not shooting ourselves in the foot and getting the result vs. Georgia.

My feed was a little choppy, but what did the PA Announcer keep saying, because he wasn't just announcing goals or substitutions. Were they issuing like warnings or procedures for the Croatian visitors or anything like that?

Archived