Phantis Forums

Latvia - Greece

Irlandos

No pressing in midfield, disjointed at the back and no cutting edge up front. I'm getting stressed watching his, how can Santos not be screaming his head off at them to wake up?

Croatia have equalised  <_<

its santos' coaching style...typical from what ive seen in the past...

we'll turn it around...i hope :huh:

pww pww megali eykairia!!!

It's a small pitch and it's congested, so it's vital not to fall behind. The actual grass is bumpy too, meaning the ball inevitably moves more slowly which makes fluid football more difficult. As a result the only way to turn this around is through real passion. Press them high up the pitch, play a high tempo, get late runners into the box, etc. If Santos isn't showing passion how will he inspire his players? I mean look at them, they are playing like it's a friendly for charity. Disgrace

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

euro, im not saying i dont agree with you but thats the way santos is...if you expect to see him show his emotions on his sleeve you will be waiting a long time..he rarely yells, he doesnt direct for the majority of the game, he doesnt show his passion..that is not to mean he cannot be successful as there have been alot of successful managers with his "style"..granted id also like to see him show just an ounce of heart, despite the fact it wont happen.

to be honest, im less concerned with him yelling and being passionate as i am with his tactics...as a manager, leave the passion in the lockroom and bring the tactical adjustments on the pitch...

my link is streaming well so far sharpos....try one of the other links...

Well I think this game shows how much Ninis was missed in the midfield. Very little speed or creativity there against a weaker team.

It's still at least one point which all but guarantees 2nd place but it doesn't guarantee a spot in the playoffs if they finish 2nd. I think one or two 2nd place teams don't make the cut. (format is still a bit confusing at times)

It's still possible to beat Croatia at home but now the Croats know that a tie on the road is just as good as a win. It's not over but they now have the edge.

Greece has to make due until their injured players get back.

We'll see what happens next month.

Until then....adieu.

With Lybe and Karagounis in the starting lineup, no wonder we have no speed! :blink:

And with all these injuries and lacking players up front, I still can't figure out why we haven't given Koutsianikoulis an opportunity to play. :huh:

I guess it's Greece-Croatia now for all the marbles. :box:

The 1-1 with Latvia is not the worst result.

Okay we largely dominated them and we didn't get the win, but Santos got the mix wrong in my opinion. He was without Ninis, Toro, kafes but he will also be without Ninis, KPap and Maniatis against Croatia.

The thing is this...if we CANNOT beat an average/decent team like Croatia at home then let's be honest with ourselves, we don't deserve to go to Euro 2012 as we will just be making up the numbers in the group stage.

The postives are that we have the destiny in our hands and don't need Israel or Latvia etc to pull off a win against some other team.

Let's see what happens until October.

Hopefully we will have Fotakis/Athanasiadis and a Kafes (at least) back.

Croatia is beatable.

I, on the other hand, liked the way Ethniki played yesterday

I just think that samaras and fetfatzidis held the ball a bit more than needed and stopped the rythm. If Karagounis was not so evidently "tired" and Lybe did not take so much time to "wake up" the result would be at least 1-3 for us.

if we had a striker with real killer instict all this work would be tranformed to goals much more easily. Cards and injuries dont help much too... as Santos is forced to make last minutes additions to what is apparently a good technical squad.

But I saw nice exchanges at the wings with wingers cutting inand wind defenders advancing, I saw faster move of the ball.

Let us hope that the system will work better on Croatia and Georgia and secure us a direct pass to the Finals.

Archived