Phantis Forums

Israel v Greece

js1000

squad for the up coming qualifiers

Goalkeepers: Michalis Sifakis (Aris), Alexandros Tzorvas (Panathinaikos)

Defenders: Loukas Vyntra, Nikos Spyropoulos (both Panathinakos), Vassilis Torosidis, Avraam Papadopoulos, Yiannis Maniatis (all Olympiakos), Thanasis Petsos (Kaiserslautern), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Werder Bremen), Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke)

Midfielders: Costas Katsouranis, Sotiris Ninis, Giorgos Karagounis (all Panathinaikos), Pantelis Kafes, Grigoris Makos (both AEK), Yiannis Fetfatzidis (Olympiakos), Giorgos Fotakis (PAOK)

Forwards: Giorgos Samaras (Celtic), Nikos Liberopoulos (AEK), Dimitris Salpigidis, Stefanos Athanasiadis (both PAOK)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man they need to watch out for is Benayoun....keep him pressured and everything should be fine.

Israel is missing Sahar and Barda for the game against Greece, Barda already scored a goal against Latvia.

We're in trouble if Greece were to lose this game.

The man they need to watch out for is Benayoun....keep him pressured and everything should be fine.

Israel is missing Sahar and Barda for the game against Greece, Barda already scored a goal against Latvia.

We're in trouble if Greece were to lose this game.

Hi mate. Personally i think we need to win. Croatia are a good team and I think they will win 3 of their last 4 (beating israel and latvia at home and Malta away). That leaves the one big game in Greece. If we beat Israel and Latvia away that will leave them in a position where they have to win in Greece. That makes us favourites. But if we have to beat them in Greece, then go to Georgia needing a win too I think it will be too big a mountain to climb.

i agree, especially about the georgia part...they have proven a tall order this qualifier so far and will be difficult at home, especially with the extra pressure on our backs..

fact is if we win tomorrow we will ease alot of the pressure off for the last 3 matchdays..either way, anything can happen and we need to stay composed, going through another playoff could be hell so we need to wrap it up, ideally we win the rest of them :D :gr:

i believe the croats are generally a better team than us, but that doesnt mean we cant squeeze through on top

Best of luck to our NT today, I hope they bring forth heart, and stay focused for a victory.

I saw in the lineup Karagouni's name once again, is there no viable replacement that Santos can utilize? Why then drop Xaristeas? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Archived