Phantis Forums

PAO v Macabi

athinaios

Ferreira, Gontikas, Kara, and others have been talking about a miracle, that the players will do their best, etc, etc. I'm tired of this BS. Too many statements over the last several years after big defeats.

>>>

That will be good enough for a 1-1 draw

haha.

funny thing, though, i don't want them to give their soul or die trying to win. a good team with truly professional players plays very near its top capability when required.

i read somewhere a couple interviews of old PAO players (like Antoniadis) who played and overcame a 3 goal difference in the past.... I don't see the point of those comparisons, but Antoniadis was saying how the beat Red Star... I don't know if he meant that this PAO team can do it. ;)

The days when Greece had extra cash in its coffers plus a government overly concerned with their (and the country's) image is gone. ;)

You can't get over this. Anyone who has played football understands that if a game is sold, you don't score 4 goals against the one that paid you off to lose. And, sure, the Yugos would sell the game to the Greeks because they didn't want to go to Wembley.... And, weren't concerned with their image as much as the colonels...

That's garbage.

Actually, it was the AEK basketball team that bought off the Euro cup trophy. ;)

As far as the game, Macabi is playing rough, but PAO hasn't had the good chances to score (like the ones they had in Israel).

Why is Kotsolis in? I'm not complaining, but are they selling Tzorvas?

OK, so what's the next euro group we'll try to get in? .. Or, is it the Mediterannean Cup Champions League? :whistle:

It's OK, let AEK, PAOK, and gavroi represent Greeece. While they'll be playing in Europe, Panatha will be winning the domestic league!

OK, so what's the next euro group we'll try to get in? .. Or, is it the Mediterannean Cup Champions League? :whistle:

It's OK, let AEK, PAOK, and gavroi represent Greeece. While they'll be playing in Europe, Panatha will be winning the domestic league!

I hope you're kidding. Unless they are all completely depleted by injuries there's no way we're winning the league. In fact i'm willing to bet that Olympiakos finish at least 14 points clear of us, at least!

I'll take your bet!

PAO will not finish 14 points behind gavroi.

It'll depend on a few factors. How Oly plays in europe and for how long.

Also, whether PAO can find ways to score. That worries me more than anything else. They can't score from an orchestrated and good combination effort. From foul shots (with Boom jumping) and lucky bounces in the box isn't a way to score and win consistently.

The team has to find ways to score with ease against most Greek teams. But you don't score if you don't have a solid midfield.

I hope we're a lot more competitive, but in my opinion in 08/09 the difference between the two teams was smaller then it is now, and back then we finished 10 points behind them. We cannot defend, we cannot get goals, we have no shape. The only thing going for us is that we're called PAO and teams might be a little intimidated. If they all believe and actually try and attack to expose our defensive frailties we're going to have some serious problems

That's why I've been saying, the domestic league is more important than anthing else! You win the title you go to the CL and make lots of money, and it doesn't matter if you finish 4th in the group. Gavroi know this but year after year they've made so much more money than PAO. Can you calculate the mone the've made in the last decage alone?...

As for Cisse, you could tell the guy wanted to leave. He was fed up and didn't see any good future. Good call on his part. I know what you're saying but I hardly think that Cisse would have made any difference. PAO has played many games with Cisse in the lineup.

By the way, why Ferreira doesn't like Kara? He was PAO's best player and one of the very few who played like there's no tomorrow.

Archived