Phantis Forums

Transfers and Rumors

Crazy

panionios have had so many players taken from them by aek, oly and pao, that they wont come cheap anymore...he made that evident with his demands in greece for koumourzi and tzavellas this summer...i remember last winter maniatis was very close to signing for espanyol for a very small fee...

i guess they are sick of being bullied around but know the teams will pay...

oly seems close to agreeing with panionios over the transfer of maniatis and komourdzi for mitroglou probably on loan wth another player or money...

evala...alot of the players transfered did not start at panionios' academy...they just seem to have decent eye for talent...manztios started at kallithea, tziolis at apollon, tzavellas at kerkyra i believe..spyropoulos at pas...

i believe only maniatis and makos were raised through their academy...either way, they have sold off all this greek talent...

Long time ago,almost 10-15 years ago,Panionios was gathering every year almost 200-300 kids and had one of the best youth academies in Greece.I know that because i played many times against those "atimous" when i was a soccer player in my youth.Now almost every club has academies and trying to become Barca.

As for our transfers,Marinakis and Ventouris are supposed to have a meeting today and hopefully we will have a deal for Komourtzi and Maniatis with the first coming to our club now and the second one at summer time.As pao123 said Olympiakos will propably give Mitroglou and then either Moniaki or G.Papadopoulo also.Komourtzi was supposed to be a Pao target also but with the last couple of weeks drama over there i see that they might lose players instead of buying any.

Komourtzi is a player that i like and he can really help since Dudu is recovering from the knee surgery and Ourtado had another injury today and does not look ready yet.My only question is why over-stall a transfer for almost 2 damn years.That is how long Olympiakos management and newspapers are talking about us getting that guy......mind you that summer time we said no of getting him with the excuse that he is not a DM exactly,while now we are getting him because we are lucking DM......anyway.

Apparently in the meeting that Marinakis had with Ventouris the 2 Panionios players,Maniatis and Komourtzi will join Olympiakos now with Mitroglou and Galitsio or G.Papadopoulo or Moniaki paid in full by Olympiakos going to the Nea Smyrni club + 1.5 mil euros.Maniatis said that he wants the move to happen now and he would veto a deal that would had him wait the 6 months.Nothing is signed yet so we should wait for a few more days.

The latest news:

1)Maniatis will be signing and joining Olympiakos today after the Olympiakos vs Iraklis game.

2)Komourtzi will also sign in the next couple of days but he will join Olympiakos after Panionios game against Pao.

3)Moniakis from OFI will get signed but then he will be given on a loan to Kerkyra for 6 months.

4)Iraklis and Olympiakos are ready to make a deal that will send Vellios to us and Galitsios to Iraklis.

Olympiakos has freezed for now the talks with Panionios about Komourtzi and we also have a negative result about Vellios of Irakli because the player did not want to stay on a loan to his current team for 6 months and join Olympiakos in the summer.He wanted to move now to Peiraias and the deal is off as of right now.On another front Olympiakos is also in talks with Panseraikos for Gerorgiadi and Anakoglou but that is transfers the future and not for right this moment needs of the club.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

We have been hearing about metagrafes for the longest time... and when it comes with the Newspapers & Olympiakos, it's almost like a soap opera!

Anyway, Marinakis is going to get 3 more players. 2 Midfield players and a striker.

I've been hearing a lot about Makoun & Estrada amongst many others before (Gargano & Mountari, to name but a few.)

I haven't really seen either of these players but which one would suit well for us?

Apparently we are also getting Tziolis and Abdoun:

http://www.katimagiko.gr/article/25597/kok...-tzioles-abdoun

I'm not excited about Tziolis but he is a Greek player and we don't have too many playing right now.

Abdoun is a decent backup player, but couldn't they get someone else better?

Thoughts?

Abdoun can't have any truth in it. I mean you have Javito & Fetfa that can play on the right and i'm sure there's someone else that can too, Fuster is it? Even Djebbour can. Why would you sign him then, i mean even Rommedahl was released because he wasn't needed so don't believe that one mate, that's just the Greek media in my opinion

Muntari is finished. He is Panetolikos level now, it would be a ridiculous signing. It's a bit like when AEL signed Geremi and everyone was getting excited. He's was way past it and was terrible, same applies here.

As for Estrada i'm going to assume you're talking about Marco (the Chillean international from Montpellier). He's ok from what i've seen. He has an excellent left foot (he can also play as a wing back i think) but he's a little small. I don't know whether he's the answer but he's def better than Muntari.

As for Makoun, what can be said about him? He was excellent at Lille and Lyon, but now he's just become abysmal for Aston Villa. When African players see such a rapid decline in their ability i always get suspicious because they are known to lie about their age. As young teenagers with footballing talent many are suspected of forging documents so they can earn moves to Europe. If you're 18 and playing as a 15 year old you might stand out with your physical ability and it gives you an advantage on trial. For those interested here's an article discussing it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/fe...age-old-problem

Various clubs now use bone scanes to judge the development of the bone according the age the players claim they are. When players like Makoun decline suddenly and dramatically i get suspicious. The worst example is Obafemi Martins. I mean at 16 he's at Inter and tearing it up, now he's supposedly 26, has lost all his pace, Rubin didn't even want to put him on the bench, he went to Birmingham on loand, didn't earn a permanent move and now his career is in limbo. Er... suspicious! Maybe Olympiakos can include that scan as part of the medical he will have to undergo? If not i wouldn't take the risk. If it is just a bad season he had though he'd be an excellent signing. He does get forward a little more then a holding midfielder should though so he'd have to play with Tziolis rather than with Ibagaza so i'm not sure it's what you'd want.

Well today, they signed Makoun for one year and the option of buying his rights next year.

I believe, they also signed Abdoun as well.

-Mitroglou is playing with Atromitos for a year.

-Vasiloyiannis is going to Cyprus for a year to Apollon Lemesou.

-Leandro & Wanderson (2 yound Brazilian players) will be on loan to Doxa Dramas.

-Soubinio is going to OFI for a year.

-Niklitsiotis is going to some team (Helmont Sport-not sure what division) in Holland for a year, but if the team like him they can buy his rights next year.

Source is from here: http://www.gavros.gr/article/9485/sthn-kyp...-basilogiannhs/

*What remains to be seen is what will happen with Hurtado and if he leaves they will get Obraight (sorry not sure of spelling).

Galitsios may be let go as well.

Rommendahl is another one.

Not sure about Soiledis, Katsikoyiannis... and I don't know if I left anyone else out.

Marinakis also claimed that there will be another "BAM" signing, which I assume will be a "big name" striker... We will see.

As for Makoun, what can be said about him? He was excellent at Lille and Lyon, but now he's just become abysmal for Aston Villa. When African players see such a rapid decline in their ability i always get suspicious because they are known to lie about their age. As young teenagers with footballing talent many are suspected of forging documents so they can earn moves to Europe. If you're 18 and playing as a 15 year old you might stand out with your physical ability and it gives you an advantage on trial. For those interested here's an article discussing it:

Various clubs now use bone scanes to judge the development of the bone according the age the players claim they are. When players like Makoun decline suddenly and dramatically i get suspicious. The worst example is Obafemi Martins. I mean at 16 he's at Inter and tearing it up, now he's supposedly 26, has lost all his pace, Rubin didn't even want to put him on the bench, he went to Birmingham on loand, didn't earn a permanent move and now his career is in limbo. Er... suspicious! Maybe Olympiakos can include that scan as part of the medical he will have to undergo? If not i wouldn't take the risk. If it is just a bad season he had though he'd be an excellent signing. He does get forward a little more then a holding midfielder should though so he'd have to play with Tziolis rather than with Ibagaza so i'm not sure it's what you'd want.

Ela re you make some very good points around the African player's ages.

I think it should have been very suspicious when Makoun turned up at Rendi to sign his contract with Oly with his 26 year old son!

Various clubs now use bone scanes to judge the development of the bone according the age the players claim they are. When players like Makoun decline suddenly and dramatically i get suspicious. The worst example is Obafemi Martins. I mean at 16 he's at Inter and tearing it up, now he's supposedly 26, has lost all his pace, Rubin didn't even want to put him on the bench, he went to Birmingham on loand, didn't earn a permanent move and now his career is in limbo. Er... suspicious!  Maybe Olympiakos can include that scan as part of the medical he will have to undergo? If not i wouldn't take the risk. If it is just a bad season he had though he'd be an excellent signing. He does get forward a little more then a holding midfielder should though so he'd have to play with Tziolis rather than with Ibagaza so i'm not sure it's what you'd want.

Ela re you make some very good points around the African player's ages.

I think it should have been very suspicious when Makoun turned up at Rendi to sign his contract with Oly with his 26 year old son!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I still think Makoun is an improvement over Maniatis, though.

By the way, Turkish press is crazily writing today that Albert Riera is a target for Galatasaray.

@Akritis :LOL:

@GS, Maniatis is a right back mate, Makoun will replace Hurtado. I expect him to be an upgrade on Hurtado but to be honest Olympiakos have been drawn in a tough CL group. They should be looking to buy players that can make the difference there, Makoun no longer seems to be that player. I mean why else would they buy him? The Greek league is already in the bag. They are also being linked with Pablo Orbaiz (another holding midfielder! from Bilbao) Looks like they are planning on defending like mad away from home.

apparently galatasaray reps are in athens to try and negotiate about riera.. their transfer period was delayed until the 5th i believe and aparently they are offering him a 1. something million more a year than his contract with oly and will be offering a sum above 3 million to the club...

lets see if they are just rumors...

seemingly our football director and chairman's personal lawyer is in piraeus to sort the riera thing out.

nothing's been on the club's web site yet, but insider rumours and both turkish and greek press keep putting up figures for the transfer.

according to turkish sports web site sporx.com, galatasaray will announce sulley muntari and albert riera tomorrow.

for riera, olympiakos will be paid €4.5m and the spaniard will be given €3.1m a season for 3 years.

i think that will be a sad move for us after establishing such a good squad, to compliment it with a nomadic spaniard who seems to be worried wherever he goes, and do it by paying a massive lump of money..

fatih terim said he is a fan of riera for a long time, to chairman unal aysal, in a behind-closed-doors meeting.

• Tzatziki changed the title to Transfers and Rumors
  • Tzatziki pinned this topic
  • Tzatziki unpinned this topic