Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Galatasaray

Irlandos

Olympiakos are 1-0 up on GS after a 1st minute Mirallas goal!

The game - now in the 75' - has not been without controversy as a GS goal was disallowed and a few players have had run-ins with each other. Btw, none of the OSFP players who had it out with the GS ones are Greek!

FT: OSFP - GS 1-0

The Turkish goal was disallowed for offside. According to the report, it was a correct decision.

Mirallas kicked a Turkish player and nearly started a riot with Fatih Terim having it out verbally with Tasos Mitropoulos.

For more details ---> From SportAction (in Greek)

Galatasaray' goal was offside with cm's.

I watched the game on TV, it was very boring and more than football it was like wrestling. Both teams were average, Olimpiakos found more positions with long pases back to deffence also goal came at 20. second of the match with an long ball organisation back to deffence.

Seems that GS will look for Arda this season.

Pantelic and Riera were fast and making good runs back to deffence they forced GS deffence which was unorganised. However with this game plans and football both teams will have troubles...

Well on the plus side it shows that both teams approached it as a proper game rather than a friendly so it would have been a good test for Olympiakos and they came through it with a clean sheet. Let's hope that bodes well for their CL campaign.

Just saw your post Haydar, maybe i should scrap that last comment then! Valverde has never impressed me to be honest, his teams are way too open. When they were playing "correctly" so to speak they were conceding goals left, right and centre. So today they made it scrappy to keep a clean sheet :rolleyes: Seriously PAO and Olymp are so lucky PAOK doesn't have a top class striker

Great game for Olympiakos especially since Marinakis and Valverde looked that the team has major needs that need to be covered right away......wake up call i hope so we can NOW adress more seriously the fact that we dont have a REAL DM in our team and now we might get one or two of those plus another striker/forward.......GOOD TIMES...

Archived