Phantis Forums

Kavala & Oly Volou in D' Ethniki

Irlandos

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on...Just when we thought EPO had sorted out everything, Panserraikos and Larisa submit appeals against Olympiakos Volou and AO Kavala NOT being relegated!

These appeals will have to be discussed, debated, argued over and it may mean the postponement of Match Day 1 of the new Super League season.

Only in Greece... :tdown:

Hold on...Just when we thought EPO had sorted out everything, Panserraikos and Larisa submit appeals against Olympiakos Volou and AO Kavala NOT being relegated!

These appeals will have to be discussed, debated, argued over and it may mean the postponement of Match Day 1 of the new Super League season.

Only in Greece... :tdown:

They are not relegated but expelled to the 4th Division which means Olympiakos Volou, AO Kavala, AE Larisa and Panserraikos are all out of luck! :(

The two teams that will play in Superleague 2011-12 are...Levadiakos and Doxa Drama! :o

Now, with only a couple of days to go to Match Day 1, what kind of players are these two clubs going to acquire to compete in the top league??? :huh:

The people who govern Greek sports are clueless!!! :1eye:

The madness continues...

Upon appeal the Superleague has been barred from replacing Olympiakos Volou or Kavala with another club (read: Levadiakos and Doxa).

Not only that, but by a 2-1 vote Iraklis have been reinstated into the Superleague which means Asteras Tripolis - who were gearing up to play Panaitolikos in their opener - are relegated into the B' Division!

Prediction - Fans from the following cities: Volos, Kavala, Tripolis, Livadeia, Drama, Larisa and Serres will burn down their towns in protest of EPO's stupidity. Needless to say, aforementioned towns will not be repaired as our government's coffers are empty...

How can a team prepare against an opponent when they don't know whom they're playing?

I'm not clear who decides what, but this is utterly ridiculous. Nice image abroad too.... :tdown: What kind of player would want to go to play for a Greek team now?

In another thread someone said Cisse should never have been sold.... Really? He was fed up. Like anyone who can play in serious countries would leave (or never come).

How can a team prepare against an opponent when they don't know whom they're playing?

As bad as things are for Olympiakos, AEK and Panaitolikos who haven't got the foggiest whom they are playing, things are far worse for Asteras, Iraklis, Olympiakos Volou who haven't got the foggiest which league they will play in! :wacko:

I think by now we can write off Levadiakos and Doxa from playing in the top league.

Or can we??? :huh:

Hmmm, I like it! :unsure:

At least PAO can be first if they beat Kerkyra. :P

How can they start when they don't know which teams are in which league??!!!

Why do still go by what EPO does? I know it's too late for this season, but if enough teams decide to have a league with fair and transparent process, why can't they leave the "shack/paraga"???

Well...they started! :o

Three games are officially called off but the rest are being played though we don't know the identity of three of the clubs!

Btw, the 1st goal of the 2011-12 season was scored by Erol Bulut who stuffed the ball into his own net giving Atromitos a 1-0 lead over OFI.

Maybe the own goal start is an omen??? :(

To all

Sorry but can anyone provide an update of who is in and who is out of the league. From what I know we have 13 teams confirmed with Asteras, Kavala and Volos relegated.

I understand the teams that could be admitted are Larissa, Panserraikos, Iraklis with appeals from Volos, Kavala and Asteras. Doxa and Levadia could also be in the running

So what has happened with Marinakis, Avraam Papadopulos and Olympiakos who were also involved - do they just carry on?? Seems to have gone very quie on this front - unlike our neighbours where Fenerbahce want to self relegate themselves as they have been kicked out of the Champions League

All I can say is one big mess that needs to be sorted. Here is a novel idea which is a bit like the Greek economy - why not increase the league to 20 teams surely this will save money going down the toilet to support a poorly run operation like the EPO - quick and decisive decisions needed

So far,

13 teams are already confirmed. The 14th - so far - is Iraklis Thessaloniki who, after many weeks, have won their appeal. However, Asteras Tripolis have launched an appeal to uphold the original 2-3-month decision to relegate Iraklis. If the appeal succeeds, Asteras become the 14th team.

As far as the 15th and 16th teams go...As of right now, Olympiakos Volos and AO Kavala have been expelled from the Superleague and demoted into the D Division.

Olympiakos Volos, however, won a court decision that forbids the Superleague from replacing the expelled clubs. Meanwhile, they are still appealing the decision to throw them out.

In other words...

Thanks for explaining Irlandos - however this debacle is not over. I see Iraklis are appealing to UEFA. It would be sad to see a team like Iraklis relegated as they were screwed once in 1980 when they were relegated for match fixing which ended up being an almost false accusation. So I suppose they are owed one.

I understand the issue are different this time with them lodging false financial position. Personally the issue I have is how on earth can the Greek league continue when 5 games per week are being played. Surely they have to sort this incredible mess out.

So as I see Olympiakos Volos, Kavala, Asteras Tripolis, Iraklis, Panserraikos and Larissa are effected. I know it is a little late but why not start them all and include Levadiakos to make a 20 team division and then sort this mess out. This could on for months which could hamper the Euro season next year as they need to start playing.

What do you guys think

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it's final: Olympiakos Volou and AO Kavala are demoted to D' Ethniki.

EPO have an appeal pending against the decision of a court which bars them from replacing those two teams in the Superleague. Should EPO win their appeal, Levadiakos and Doxa Drama will very likely take the places of the demoted teams in the Superleague otherwise the top league will have to continue with 14 teams.

From SportAction (in Greek)

Archived