Phantis Forums

International Friendly: Cyprus-Moldova

Omonoia9

The second Greek manager in a row of the Cypriot National Team is Nikos Nioplias, formerly of Panathinaikos, and his first match in charge is a home friendly against Moldova at the GSP in Lefkosia. PAME KYPRO!!!!

Fantastic start! Cyprus had been in free-fall before this game having not won a game in the last 8 games! So it's brilliant that Nioblias got the team off to a positive start.

Can someone please also explain how Avraam is still playing at Omonia? He'd be a great addition to any Greek team.

A seesaw affair at the GSP tonight. Nikos Nioplias's first match in charge is a win, Cyprus winning at home 3-2 over Moldova. APOEL backup keeper Tassos Kissas gets the call in goal today. Omonoia's Andreas Avraam opened the scoring early on, but Moldova would pot 2 before the half, and hold the lead 2-1 after 45 minutes. 2nd half though, Nektarios Alexandrou finds Avraam, and his second goal of the match evens the score. Dying minutes of the match, Avraam draws a foul, ensuing free kick headed in by Alki's Sinisa Dobrasinovic, Cyprus knocks off Moldova 3-2! Omonoia9 here, saying so long from Lefkosia!

Fantastic start! Cyprus had been in free-fall before this game having not won a game in the last 8 games! So it's brilliant that Nioplias got the team off to a positive start.

Can someone please also explain how Avraam is still playing at Omonoia? He'd be a great addition to any Greek team.

I wonder the same thing about Giorgallidis.

Fantastic start! Cyprus had been in free-fall before this game having not won a game in the last 8 games! So it's brilliant that Nioplias got the team off to a positive start.

Can someone please also explain how Avraam is still playing at Omonoia? He'd be a great addition to any Greek team.

To be fair Georgalidis is definitely capable of playing at least at a "good" level Greek team but he is prone to some clangers every now and again. Whereas Avraam is superb every game

To be fair Georgalidis is definitely capable of playing at least at a "good" level Greek team but he is prone to some clangers every now and again. Whereas Avraam is superb every game
I still think you could say that like Avraam, he's probably too good for Omonoia(and the entire Cypriot league)

Archived