Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, I'm sure management is looking into his situation. It would be easier for us to get him than some foreigner, the only issue is he's very slow, and so is Kolovetsios. We can't have two extremely slow center backs.

Vargas very close to signing. He's had a good career and played for some good teams but the injuries worry me. I guess we'll see in the Copa America how he does, if he can do well there he'll tear it up in Greece. I read that he's a filler for Mantalos until he comes back, when he does Vargas will be a backup dekari and can also add depth on the wings.

We made our offer to Vargas and he's happy with it so I expect him to sign before the Copa America starts. Also, reports say that we are very close to signing a center back, but they didn't name any names. I'm curious to see who it is, I hope it's a big signing or a young star in the making like Goutas or Kourbelis.

You are a team with a debt close to 0. I would not be surprised if you brought some good players than R. Vargas and even Maxi Rodriguez. You guys need a Goalkeeper immidiately by the way, and sack the one you had so far, he is not even worthy for 2nd (3rd maybe). Aravidis can hold his place for 1 more year.

Dissapointed about Gianniotas going to the Gauroi for a number of reasons. First, he left Asteras where i would have liked him to continue especially with Europa League guaranteed. The team would have used him.

Secondly, going to Olympiakos is usually the death of Greek talent. Way too many examples to mention.

Finally, i would have preferred him going to a club like AEK who won't have the pressures of competing in Europe. They are a young team who are ambitious and I like Ganniotas as a player so it woukd have been a good fit.

• Like it 2

I didn't think we would've got VDV as he was offered to us plus another 5 teams. His manager was obviously shopping him around, its a shame on AEKs part that now we are debt free we are hesitant to spend a couple million on a big name player, PAO has got Essien and they have debts up to their ass and we are going for average players....

I didn't think we would've got VDV as he was offered to us plus another 5 teams. His manager was obviously shopping him around, its a shame on AEKs part that now we are debt free we are hesitant to spend a couple million on a big name player, PAO has got Essien and they have debts up to their ass and we are going for average players....

The point is to become self sufficient and never have to go through this bankruptcy thing again. Melissanidis wants to put the team on the stock market in London, we've completed most of the necessary objectives to get that but we need to show a profit for the next two years. We will spend big on a player that they consider will help us big time and doesn't have many question marks around him.

Greekfreak I know he's on one knee now but the mere fact that they can attract these players with the debts they have says a lot and our management need to pull their fingers out and sign atleast one big name player!!

Everyday we are linked with player after player and nothing comes of it, ok we got Vargas but looking at his record is he really someone we want to rely on until Mandalos is back? I hope he proves me wrong and takes the SL by storm but as I said his stats don't speak volume

I think you still need to be patient. Going on a spending spree is not the strategy current management looks like they will follow. In order to run a tight ship financially, it appears to be a gradual approach although I suspect they will try and bring in a bigger name just may not be the very biggest out there. As there are still multiple needs, it would be reckless to address only one by throwing money at it.

We signed Vasilantonopoulos from Apollon as a 3rd string right back, he's pretty young and was the best player on the field against us last week. I don't expect him to play much, we just needed another right back on the roster since Bakakis is out for a while and we have no one to backup Galo in case he gets hurt.

And Vargas signed a two year deal today.

I assume Centerback or Leftback is the next position we will sign a player in.

Kef not saying we need to go on a spending spree but if we are serious about challenging for the title we need a big name or experience as we lack that now, this young team we have is very good BUT we have all seen at times they lack in areas and this is where experience comes into it, we are going after players who are off contract or who wont cost much, this isn't a sign of showing intent on winning the league!!