Phantis Forums
george21

AEK Transfer Talk

Woke up and haven't seen us linked to some new player today, that's a first.....

Van Der Vaart has been offered in Spain so I guess we can say bye to that now....

Well if the papers are anything to go by Roland Vargas manager is coming to Athens to talk with us in regards to us signing him, what's everyone opinion on this guy?

Never heard if him.

Volkan the Turkish GK also being mentioned.

EDIT 

He's staying at Fenerbahce.

Edited by Dikefale11

Ronald not Roland sorry boys....

Not sure of this one to be honest, for an AM he doesn't seem to score much, so you would hope he's capable of giving 20 assists a season if his scoring isn't good

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, I'm sure management is looking into his situation. It would be easier for us to get him than some foreigner, the only issue is he's very slow, and so is Kolovetsios. We can't have two extremely slow center backs.

Vargas very close to signing. He's had a good career and played for some good teams but the injuries worry me. I guess we'll see in the Copa America how he does, if he can do well there he'll tear it up in Greece. I read that he's a filler for Mantalos until he comes back, when he does Vargas will be a backup dekari and can also add depth on the wings.

I have to laugh at the article I read now AEK are apparently after Maxi Rodriguez hahahaha f*ck the greek media can talk some sh*t......

It may be right who knows but all I am hearing is name after name and nothing coming of it.....

No point in reading the papers it's literally all just bullshit to sell, as if they have any clew what the PAE are doing :lol:

We made our offer to Vargas and he's happy with it so I expect him to sign before the Copa America starts. Also, reports say that we are very close to signing a center back, but they didn't name any names. I'm curious to see who it is, I hope it's a big signing or a young star in the making like Goutas or Kourbelis.

We've backed out on the Mulder deal and are looking at other options. I would like them to check out Vellidis from Pas Giannina

Not a fan of him tbh, has a lot of the same weaknesses that Anestis has. Vellidis is a class above both IMO.

We've agreed to terms with Vargas and Kyraikos Andreopoulos, all that's left is the signatures. Both of these signings add some much needed to depth to this team.

You are a team with a debt close to 0. I would not be surprised if you brought some good players than R. Vargas and even Maxi Rodriguez. You guys need a Goalkeeper immidiately by the way, and sack the one you had so far, he is not even worthy for 2nd (3rd maybe). Aravidis can hold his place for 1 more year.

• Like it 1

Looks like Olympiako signed Gianniota......disappointing 

Dissapointed about Gianniotas going to the Gauroi for a number of reasons. First, he left Asteras where i would have liked him to continue especially with Europa League guaranteed. The team would have used him.

Secondly, going to Olympiakos is usually the death of Greek talent. Way too many examples to mention.

Finally, i would have preferred him going to a club like AEK who won't have the pressures of competing in Europe. They are a young team who are ambitious and I like Ganniotas as a player so it woukd have been a good fit.

• Like it 2

Not bothered at all and tbh never believed it was true. The guy is injury prone, and having ready Ibrahimovic's book which could be bias, apparently he has a bad attitude.

I didn't think we would've got VDV as he was offered to us plus another 5 teams. His manager was obviously shopping him around, its a shame on AEKs part that now we are debt free we are hesitant to spend a couple million on a big name player, PAO has got Essien and they have debts up to their ass and we are going for average players....

I didn't think we would've got VDV as he was offered to us plus another 5 teams. His manager was obviously shopping him around, its a shame on AEKs part that now we are debt free we are hesitant to spend a couple million on a big name player, PAO has got Essien and they have debts up to their ass and we are going for average players....

The point is to become self sufficient and never have to go through this bankruptcy thing again. Melissanidis wants to put the team on the stock market in London, we've completed most of the necessary objectives to get that but we need to show a profit for the next two years. We will spend big on a player that they consider will help us big time and doesn't have many question marks around him.