Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Good signing. A lot of Ukrainian based players being looked at by a few Super League clubs.

As unattractive as Greece is at the moment, ask yourself a question: if your options were playing in a country with a failed economy over staying in a country that is going through civil war and is also an economic basket case.

I know what I'd choose for me and my family.

Solid signing hat would be, he has experience in the league too.

Kolovetsios, Tzanetopoulos, Chygyrinskiy, Cala would be a solid CB collection, which leaves little room for Arzo and Lambropoulos. Im a fan if Lamb but maybe better for him to head to Atromitos or something. Arzo should retire.

What purpose did pulling up a post from our game against KALITHEA serve exactly? Take it easy Mr.Hindsight 

You guys are way too harsh on Cordero. He had a tough season filled with injury but coming off the bench, more often than not, he provides solutions. Cordero is quality, we just need to hope for him to have a good pre-season.

I really hope we can get Kala. The guy was a glimpse of light when he was on our squad and he has consistently kept AEK in his thoughts.

We've rejected a 4 million euro offer from Real Betis (coached by Poyet) for Simoes. Good move.

Che I think we can all agree that when healthy Cordero is a quality player, but the problem is that for like 3 seasons now he's barely been able to play from all the muscle injuries. We just can't count on him anymore, he's given a lot to the team but it might be time to let him go.

So far we have brought in some decent players, Dmitry will be a good asset for us, he is the leader like CB we are needing, lets hope it just pans out well as he does have the experience we need.

Barkas is a great addition and the kid has talent and at 21 can only get better with age.

Talk of another CB coming in and I hope its Kala, my mate who took the photo with him at Cordero wedding said he does really want to come back and I think it would be a good thing for us and also gives us depth.

Striker talk has gone quiet so think they will leave that for last, but lets hope its someone clinical with a good scoring record

Che, I agree with you on Cordero. His injuries the last few seasons haven't helped. I think as a club AEK need to show him loyalty given the loyalty he gave us when we were relegated. At worst he is a very solid bench option!

PAE has came out and said that we will not sell Simoes for anything less than the 7.5 million euro ritra.

We also made an offer to Katsar be the third choice midfielder behind Simoes and Johanson. He seems pretty decent, played many years in the Bundesliga. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gojko_Ka?ar

I'd love it we get Ka?ar, and Zuculini back on loan, have 5 really good central mids when everyone is heathy, not including Mantalos. We need depth this year with 3 competitions.

Original I read last week that we have Zuculini for next season also.

SO far we have signed some decent players, good to see them doing business early and going for the right players we need. I think the striker will be the last player we sign. Would be good to get another CB, Juan Kala would be great if they could bring him.

Papers are saying Katsar will sign by end of the week, not a bad move as he has experience.

Edited by Original Sydney

Sad that we have let Cordero go, a guy who stayed with us at our worst times, he deserves all the respect from every fan of ours.

Not surprised about the other sold/released.

As for new players, plenty of talk and names been thrown around but that's all it has been, we need to get moving and become active and get players signed so they can have a few sessions with the team before our Europa qualifiers come up.

Great news, really excited to see him play. Hopefully he doesn't have to play out of position. We really need two strikers in my opinion, one of real quality like a Berg... We can't have another season without a quality striker...