Phantis Forums
george21

AEK Transfer Talk

He would walk into any team that's for sure so whoever gets him will be lucky, I thought we would've made a play for him before the season started but wasn't to be

As much I believe our team needs a lot of work in order for us to become title contenders, the most important signing we could do is keeping poyet. If he was to leave, that would be a huge set back. Our players are dedicated to him and our squad have learnt his philosophy. Keeping poyet is the most important signing. But if we were to keep him, our main priority in the transfer market is signing a quality striker, an experienced center back and 2 wingers. I wouldn't mind barbosa starting next season, however we need to sign 2 more  wingers, one as a starter and the other could be a starter or a back up to barbosa, apart from barbosa our wingers are poor.

Edited by george21
  • Like it 2

Scocco said he is coming in the summer.

So the article that claimed he said that was meant as an April fools joke

Read this also Amo wont get my hopes up for this, would be great but is management willing to spend this window is the real question... We have been linked with a few players already but I wont be believing it unless I see the player holding our scarf/jersey in OAKA

El Arabi would be good he has a decent scoring record but will he suit us is the question we don't want to be signing players who don't suit our style.

Few other names have been thrown around also, few guys in Greece reckon Bakasetas has signed with us already as he is an AEK fan also, but wont buy into that until its confirmed.

Biggest concern is who the coach is going to be, no use buying players in my opinion.

Baroja isn't a bad thing to keep him on, he has done well for us in many matches.

Still would like to see what Ketsbaia would do at AEK, but that's gone quiet lately

Edited by Original Sydney

Better to have the coach done then sign players, plus with the Euros on this may delay signings for teams unless they get in quick.

After last season and the players we were linked with, I am sure there will be twice as many rumours this off season....

Reading about Chygrysnkiy (plays for Dnipro) and AEK he is a CB, for me this is a good choice to go for, strong, tall and a leader and has plenty of experience, he is 29 but CB are at their peak at this age, this signing IF it was to happen would be a very good one and a massive upgrade from that patata Arzo, time will tell.....

This would be a fantastic signing, I did hear that someone claimed that we have already got him, also said he is also an AEK fan. Would be a fapa to Oly if we signed him and they didn't.

If we get Bakasetas and Vellios dam we are on a good path for next season.

He could have also easily taken points off PAOK as he has done before. Makes the PAO-AEK massive now.

At the end of the day Panionios are the ones who suffer. Now there slim chances are all but over.What a pitiful club, drop a player for signing for a team he wanted to sign for instead of the they wanted him to sign for.

I had a lot of respect for Panionios for what they achieved this season with their Greek players etc but they have shown their true colours now.

At the end of the day Panionios are the ones who suffer. Now there slim chances are all but over.What a pitiful club, drop a player for signing for a team he wanted to sign for instead of the they wanted him to sign for.

I had a lot of respect for Panionios for what they achieved this season with their Greek players etc but they have shown their true colours now.

It's not so strange that they are pissed at Bakasetas for signing a bosman contract with AEK. They where hoping to get some cash for him but instead he will go for free in january.

Congrats on the signing but I think it would have been better for AEK to pay 500-800k and get the player before the play-offs and the start of the next season.

^ Well yeah that's what we are trying to do, and if Panionios don't want to be reasonable with us then we just get for free in January.

I don't think it will take more than 400k euros, Panionios are still in shambles financially and need cash ASAP.

O21// Just read the article pasted on the forum, my fault. 

Is it possible for AEK to sign a contract with Bakasetas on the first of june, and then if they sort things out with Panionios buy him in the middle of the summer? Have never heard of something similar before but if both the player and the club are interested in breaking the contract (starting 2017) and then sign a new one (starting this summer) if they buy him now shouldn't that be possible?