Phantis Forums
george21

AEK Transfer Talk

Personally I think Sa is exactly what we need, he can score goals and is an out and out striker, Aravidis misses too many chances and Djebbour is a good option off the bench,

Hopefully they go for a CB they said they would after this match so we shall see what they do.

We need atleast 2 new faces in the team, but with the way we are going and opening up a lead from the rest management may think we don't need anyone new.

Latest name to be thrown is Tomas Pekhart who plays in Germany for Ingolstadt, average scoring record but he is a big boy plenty of height to offer.

Do they realise the window closes in 6 days time?

I'm with Dikefale. I agree that we need another striker, winger and cb, however, buying just for the sake of it isn't something we should do. Sa sounded like a good option. The only thing I'm worried about is the stupid play offs if a few of our players go down...

Orlando Sa is in Israel signing with Maccabi Tel Aviv. They offered 10,000 more euros to Reading than us, and about 100,000 euros more to the player. Cheapness again.

Very very disappointed with AEK, we missed a great chance to sign a good player that can make the difference. If that is true we were 10K short off we are stupid. Apparently his wages will be 500K which is reasonable, I dont understand why we don't spend any money. We will never catch up to Oly if we continue like this. Pao actually spend money, essien is get 1m per year, Pao went out and bought boumale and spend over 1m in transfer period before the season started and they aint richer than us. Seems like our board are just saving the money for themselves. We are actually doing very well for a team that spends nothing and dosn't offer expensive contracts. Apparently simoes and johanson both get like 200K, that is a joke, the deserve at least 400K contracts. And in the previous transfer period we were 100K short for lafferty, so we are a cheap club and we wont sign anyone. Poyet might also want to leave if he realises his club doesn't have a transfer budget and I dont blame him if he wants to leave.

• Like it 3

Very very disappointed with AEK, we missed a great chance to sign a good player that can make the difference. If that is true we were 10K short off we are stupid. Apparently his wages will be 500K which is reasonable, I dont understand why we don't spend any money. We will never catch up to Oly if we continue like this. Pao actually spend money, essien is get 1m per year, Pao went out and bought boumale and spend over 1m in transfer period before the season started and they aint richer than us. Seems like our board are just saving the money for themselves. We are actually doing very well for a team that spends nothing and dosn't offer expensive contracts. Apparently simoes and johanson both get like 200K, that is a joke, the deserve at least 400K contracts. And in the previous transfer period we were 100K short for lafferty, so we are a cheap club and we wont sign anyone. Poyet might also want to leave if he realises his club doesn't have a transfer budget and I dont blame him if he wants to leave.

Exactly this......we let players go for change! There are no more excuses. I don't even think 790k was a real number. I think they gave that number out so that it seemed they made an effort. How pathetic. 

I agree, I don't think they made an offer. They're not going to sign anyone again, we will manage to finish second in the regular season but because our roster is so thin we are going to finish 5th after the playoffs. And we can forget about the Cup too. We don't have enough top end talent and don't have enough depth.

Poyet is going to win as many games as possible with this defensive formation to build his resume up and leave this off season because of the lack of budget, and I don't blame him. No ambition from Tigrako.

We are a couple of signings away from having a great team and I dont understand why our board are not willing spend any money so our team can compete to qualify for the cl in the play offs and to win the cup this season.. I actually do think milovanovic should be given a lot of praise, for the amount of money he is allowed to spend and the small contracts he can offer to players, he has signed players like johanson and simoes who have been out best players of the season. I know he signed chrisantus but apart from him his signings have been good. Maybe we don't what's going in our board, maybe in a couple of years time, our board will spend money after we enter europe and get money, oly spend a lot of money, but marinakis is not the one who spends the money its the clubs money from playing cl and winning titles. Maybe our board want to have a couple of seasons were we make profit first and then we start spending some money. If we were to spend more than what we make and we dont do good we would have already started to make a loss which isn't what we want. Lets not forget we pay a lot of money to use oaka and to use spata so maybe we are going to be careful with money for the next seasons. We might just have to patient for the next for seasons. 

• Like it 1

Its getting into europe to gain that profit that will be hard unless....they spend some sort of cheese to get players to get us to Europe.

Nobody is asking for hundreds of millions to be spent, but dont be scrooges and offer pathetic offers such as 40% sell on fee....wtf is that. We didnt even make such an offer when we were broke let alone now when one of the richest men in Greece/World is involved.

5 million would get you 2 maybe 3 top quality players, for the Greek Super League anyway.

As much as I didnt buy into the signing of Sa I was of the belief we would sign at least 1 player. Eleos.

All I got to say is this:

You cant lift the hope of your fan base and have a saying "ERXOMASTE" and you don't spend, only make yourself look a fool.

Spoke to a mate in Athens today and he said Poyet wasn't happy as he didn't get the players he has asked for, I hope this doesn't ruin the chances of him staying on next season.

We need 2-3 players to come in, otherwise we better pray and hope we don't get injuries otherwise we are f*cked!!

If they don't sign 2 players that Poyet asked for then he's gone come the end of the season, and we'd need to start over with a new coach, new philosophy, and needing a major squad overhaul, all in one summer where we need to qualify for Europe. They royally F***ed up, they won't sign anyone.

Oh yeah and they'll make Milovanovic the scapegoat and fire him like they did to Lyberopoulos. I'm absolutely disgusted by Melissanidis and our non existant doikisi.

They haven't from what I was told and now they going for this Czech guy playing in Germany who's scoring record is terrible, may always keep Maki up there instead of bringing him in too.

I honestly don't get what the issue is with spending 500K as example now to bring in a player or two, bringing in these new guys now would most likely get us 2nd spot no doubt as we have the roster just needs topping up.

If no one comes in as I said above, pray we don't get injuries.

They haven't from what I was told and now they going for this Czech guy playing in Germany who's scoring record is terrible, may always keep Maki up there instead of bringing him in too.

I honestly don't get what the issue is with spending 500K as example now to bring in a player or two, bringing in these new guys now would most likely get us 2nd spot no doubt as we have the roster just needs topping up.

If no one comes in as I said above, pray we don't get injuries.