Phantis Forums
george21

AEK Transfer Talk

I remember him from his days at Malaga but seems to have not settled anywhere, not exactly sure how good he is, I do know he's quite skillful, very very short tho, 5"2, along with Platellas on the wing we would have possibly the shortest wingers in Europe. 

Edited by Dikefale11

Good to hear Giovanni has signed, we seem to be building a pretty solid team.

Haven't heard or seen much of Buonanotte is he any good?

Was hoping we would get another striker to compete with Djebbour but we do have Aravidis who can also play there

Next has to be a keeper.

In more areas we are lacking in your opinion guys?

He's not that good, was once considered one of the best talents in the world but one day when he was driving he got into a serious accident leaving him out injured for about a year and his good friend was killed in the accident, he's never recovered since. I hope we don't get him.

Wow that story reminds me of Lentini from AC Milan, he was the most expensive player at that time, had an accident (didn't lose anyone though) and never came back the same....

What's the story with the keeper situation? Who we most likely getting? Everyday there's a new name

Flouminese is doing whatever they can to cancel the deal, but we offered to pay Giovanni's release clause and we've agreed to terms with him, only he can cancel it and PAE isn't worried, they expect that he will be in Greece Thursday (or Friday, I'm not sure if they mean he's leaving Brazil Thursday or getting to Greece Thursday).

Unfortunately, Ronaldinho signing with Flouminese has made it harder for Giovanni to make up his mind, someone should tell him that he would have the chance to play with Chrisantus and Platellas...

Edited by Original 21
  • Like it 1

Giovanni's father, who was in Athens this past week meeting with Milovanovic and Aslanidis, came out and said his son is joking AEK and he confirmed the rumors that Flouminese had Ronaldinho call Giovanni and try to convince him to stay.

I apologize, it was a long night and my iPhone kept autocorrecting everything.

Giovanni's father said his son is joining AEK. His father came to Athens last week and met with Milovanovic and Aslanidis and was impressed. He also confirmed a rumor that Flouminese had Ronaldinho call Giovanni and attempt to convince him to stay.

Edited by Original 21

Make a statement and tell him to pound sand. Then he can negotiate a new contract for less money.

They are all playing with us and I hate it. Let Milo find others to do the job.

It reports are true we offered him $1 million how much more does he want? Gamiesta if he doesn't arrive by Friday as first said start looking elsewhere

Alen Baroja will most likely be our next goalkeeper. He said that he's agreed to a deal with AEK and is coming soon, he's 25 years old and was the starting Goalkeeper for Venezuela in the Copa America. He's a gamble, he's never played in Europe before, I can't say I'm happy with this transfer and I see Anestis taking over the starting spot in October... Hope I'm wrong.

The Giovanni situation is a mess right now, i don't what's going on but we should look at other options that are just as good as him. He's 26, if he doesn't leave Brazil now he never will, his career won't be advanced by staying at Flouminese for 3 more years...

Still no word on the extrem, need to get him signed within the next week along with the left back and Baroja.

Reports from Venezuela and AEK365.gr say that Baroja is on a one year loan with an option to buy. For a goalkeeper that doesn't seem that good this makes the deal better for us, but I'm disappointed we didn't sign a more solid keeper that will steal us some games. The reports also say he might leave for Athens tonight.

Edited by Original 21

Have faith he does the job for us Original

As for Giovanni its dragging on and we must start looking for other options, not worth chasing someone who's heart isn't 100% set on coming as we wont get the best out of him.

I was impressed with baroja at Copa America. Not sure he's a Saja or Sorrentino but definitely an upgrade over Anestis.

Not extremely impressed with our transfers so far ...

Cant really be impressed or unimpressed until you see them play IMO, just because theyre not household names doesnt mean they arent good, lets see how they do first before we judge.

We are a newly promoted team regardless of us being AEK or not and in Greece, not a very popular destination for footballers at the moment considering the state the country is in and the alegations of corruption in the league all over the media.

I think we need another defender and frankly if Giovanni is not interested to come - I don't want him forced here.

I think another attacking midfielder would be good. As a last resort Abdoun would be ok. I would be happier with Leo or another quality player that Milo finds.

As far as forwards, we should have grabbed Pap. Need a guy who busts his ass and scores. That's all.