Phantis Forums
george21

AEK Transfer Talk

Lets hope Vargas is confirmed soon enough so we can all relax. I really wonder who writes these articles in aek365, is it reporters or the admin people in aek lol

I have heard 2-3 different names each day, it would be great if we just get down to business and confirm the players we really want

I dont get why reporters come up with bullshit names out of the blue, at the end of the day its them that look like the idiots.

Sure they need to sell papers but coming up with complete and utter crap makes them look like fools that cant do their job.

Dikefale I have always said re I should become a sports reporter its easy to talk s%$#! like they do lol

The English press kill it with the s%$#! they say and they still keep their jobs, go figure.....

Original he seems like he has the experience we will need with all the La Liga teams he has been with, this could be a good signing, time will tell....

I just saw a few highlights on him that the Greek papers have uploaded and he looks like a pretty good player that we can benefit from.

He gets stuck in, has vision, great touches for a defender and is very composed on the ball, this looks promising for us!!!!

We don't need "big names". Just players like Johansson that come in and contribute immediately.

This looks like a good one and hoping he continues his solid performances with us in the SL.

A question none of us is able to answer.

Who knows but he should be more than capable for the SL.

Only question is who does he replace, Kolovetsios or Tzane? I have a feeling it will be the latter.

A question none of us is able to answer.

Who knows but he should be more than capable for the SL.

Only question is who does he replace, Kolovetsios or Tzane? I have a feeling it will be the latter.

time will tell on both fronts...

there have been many players from the top 5 leagues who have come and failed in GSL....

We are going to need to start looking at Greek players because if we Greece leaves the Euro I can't see many good players coming to Greece.

Does that mean no champions league/europa league?

Edited by Dikefale11

Huh? Some of you guys should educate yourselves. The only realistic talk is Greece exiting the Euro Zone. The single currency. NOT the EU (European Union), UEFA nor are geologists and cartographers going to redraw the continents borders so that the country now falls in Asia or Africa.

Facts:

Greece is a UEFA member.

Greece is a member of the EU which allows other EU citizens to work and sign contracts in Greece.

The economic crisis will have an impact on players considering Greek clubs the same way they would consider playing in the Ukraine (Who's not in the EU) with the civil mess that country is in.

We need to make some big signings if we want to compete, because our signings so far will not do the job. Pao have a much better chance than us

To everyone saying your signings won't do. Let me laugh. You took good players, and apart from that, your roster 2 seasons ago(not to mention last season in B e8nikh) was still better than like what 90% of the SL teams? Call me a

I agree with Rockerfeller our team only lost to 1 SL team (Oly) in the Kypello and we matched them overall in both games so I don't see why people lack faith in the players we have and the players we have brought in. If anything Djebbour has something to prove to us ALL, Vargas will lift the team around the park and Cezar has the experience we lacked in the 2nd division and I am sure there will be another 2-3 players coming in to strengthen the team.

Personally I think we are a top 5 team, can we challenge for the title? Depends on our consistency and also what results we get in the derbies. But since we have just come back it would be wise to say that next season we should mount a massive title charge, this season anything in top 3 is a great achievement, but as I said it comes down to our consistency because the old AEK would batter the bigger teams then go to Panthrakikos/Veria (as example) and lose or draw, this is what we don't want and cant have happening this season.

This new AEK has the hunger to beat these smaller teams that we used to lose to and the quality to compete with Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. We have 3-4 more signings coming for sure and maybe one bam, we offered Scocco about 1 million euros to come so we will see what happens.

I agree with you Original we do have that hunger and determination nowadays with this squad and change we have had. As I sad we matched it with Oly, beat PAO in a friendly, beat Atromitos along the way too. If I have missed another SL team we played please remind me....

We surely do have atleast 3 new faces to come in and from what I have heard don't know how true it is they say Scocco has already signed for us back in Easter, whether true or not remains to be seen, we offered him good money and we doubled what Newell's offered so hopefully that enticed him to come back and has the hunger to win a title with us.

I'm very worried about mantalos, do any of you think he'll come back the same? Any news on he severity or healing of his injury? He's the best young Greek midfielder in my opinion and AEK always plays better with him on the field

Edited by Ethnikos

There has been no news on him at present, but you are right players struggle to comeback the same after an ACL look no further than Falcao as example... And considering the physios AEK has I don't hold high hopes with them....