Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

He played with Bakakis last year at Panaitolikos. Very good player. When they were in the game at same time (which was very often) Bakakis pushed further up as a right winger. However Bakakis will be our starting RB, Galo will back him up. Maybe start at LB??

I forgot to add, his set pieces are unreal. Between him and Mantalos we will score many goals from Free kicks next year. I'm very happy with this signing, if we can find a left back that's as good as Bakakis and Galo we will have a very strong defense next year.

Now if anyone wants to laugh check out the comments section on the aek365.gr article about us signing him. I s%$#! you not there are quite a few people calling for Melissanidis head because he didn't sign Dani Alves who wants to leave Barcelona.....

A lot of fans on that page with their head in the clouds.

We just came from the 3rd division in Greek football which is bad enough, we are now on our way to back to back promotions to the SL which we have not even confirmed yet and people already want world class signing just because we have Mel.....amd now they are calling for his head :lol:

The guy saved us from the brink of extinction, we are on our way back to the SL with a decent team and the stadium is getting under way, and our finances are tip top

Some of these fans really are something else and worse then original

I cant believe people are calling for his head hahaha it honestly makes me laugh these so called fans seem to forget who saved AEK and who's got the club running better than ever....

I agree we need some good signings but to expect Alves really? I saw another guy say we MUST go for Puyol, like Puyol is going to come to Greece and play lol...

Happy with the signing of Galo, this only strengthens us in defence now....

The Djebbour rumours have started again and they are saying he is coming to Athens, mixed emotions on this guy, he can be lethal on his day but can also be a kolopetho who can be a big distraction if things dont go his way. One part of me feels if he does come back under Meli he wont F*** around but again as I said if things don't go his way then what......

His form in the second half of the year is great, 12 goals on the year and at least 10 since January. As a second option he'd be good.

Ideally we have a top quality striker to start, Djebour as a backup, and Brecevic as a third option. Then Aravidis as a backup right winger or striker if we cut Brecevic.

Looks like Dounis Rovas and Petravakis are done with this team. Georgeas D'Acol Sarris and Karagiolidis will be let go, and Fage Zoric and Tzevas will out of be loaned out or sold. That's my guess at least.

Maybe. According to reports his manager is in Athens finishing off negotiations. However, every signing we've made so far this season (Galo, Johanson, Simoes) wasn't reported by the media so I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly announce a goalkeeper signing with any rumors and it's a name we haven't read yet.

Meli has a hard on for him hence why we are after him, someone from Greece said Meli had this done Xmas time, find it hard to believe though.....

Either way I think he could help us in our first season back with the experience he would bring us as we need that with the kids we have, after that or when mandalos gets back not sure what you do with him but he can also play on the wing...

^^^ The Valencia player is this guy: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federico_Cartabia

They want him on loan with an option to buy. Since he played for by far the worst La Liga team I've ever seen he might be open to coming here but it sounds like media BS to me. I like him as a player tho, would love him here,

The Abdoun rumor is laughable as well, no way we sign an almost 30 year old Algerian who had 2 good years in his entire career and a history of locker room issues.

Mulders agent was in Greece yesterday, we've agreed to terms and will send the contract to Holland next week for Mulder to sign. Because of us waiting a little while to send it we might be looking at another goalkeeper behind the scenes I think.

Edited by Original 21

NO to Fuster for a number of reasons :

1. If I plan on being competitive in the league I'm not going to sign an ex-gauro who went to Olympiako in his prime only to be offloaded to me during the bottom end of his career. 

2. He is 33 years old and is coming off of an injury plagued season. If I were to pay 600k for "experience" a 30-32 year old would do fine. 33-34 is pushing it. Unless we're talking Rivaldo, which is not the case here. 

3. We don't even really know how many goals he really has scored or how many games he really has played well in. How do we know that out of the 80 games he has performed well in, that 50 of them weren't fixed? How do we know that those weren't games like thee Veroia game for instance? Signing Olympiako players is a liability because you don't know how they'll react to 40-60  reffing against on a regular basis as opposed to 80-20 for. For all we know he could of been on Paragka auto-pilot for the past 5 years and then you'd have a 33 year old coming to AEK to play his first real season in 5 years. 

Van der vaart wants 3.5 million euros a year to come here, unless NIKE gives us some money to sign him (like Panathinaikos got from their sponsor for Essein) then we won't make an offer. For 3.5 million euros we can get 4-5 paixtarades in the positions we need, I'd rather do that.

Lets get serious now, if you want to be a title contender you need these types of players on your team. Money talks guys and thus far we've made it by on free agents. How much would a paiktara cost us if we had to pay for their contract anyway? 1-2 mil? Would a 1-2 mil player come to play for anything less than 1 mil a year? Look at all the trash the gauro has compiled, and mediocre players like that are getting paid top dollar, imagine some decent players. The market is inflated but it is what it is. I think 3.5-4 mil is a lot too but if we can get him for 2 years with NIKE coming in to help I think its a must. 

But again all this depends on our language. Had we been low toned and talked about progressive movements focused on youth then okay I don't mind not getting him. But as of right now Bajevic, Tigri, the media, and pretty much everyone is talking some big game. If you want to talk that big game you have to back it up too. Enough talking, no one likes a tsampa magka. Either put up or shut up, because the way I see things now, the language at AEK is over-inflated and either needs to be toned down or actions need to be taken (like Van der Vaart) to live up to the hype.