Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

26 minutes ago, AchillesHeel said:

Looks like AEK has lost Lazaros to oly. He had a huge year for AEK but for some reason Mellisanides didn't want to reward him for that. I don't see him splashing out cash to replace him either so it will be interesting to see how AEK will do next year without arguably their best player. He must be hoping that Mantalos will be able to return to 100% by then but even then there will be a hole to fill on the wings and overall offensive quality and leadership. Any input from the AEK fans?

What are the terms? I have read 3 years or 2 years plus a 1 year option. Hurts AEK in the short-term, not sure about long-term as I'm not sure he is going to be worth the money at 33 or 34 years of age. My guess is Olympiakos will get one really good year out of him as a starter and he will finish the contract as a solid bench/depth type player. 

I’m disappointed Meli didn’t reward our best player of the season with an upgrades contract. Laz knee he was worth it and he was, coming to this side of his career he needs to capitalise for his future. 

What happens with Araujo will be interesting.

• Like it 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 11:19 PM, CincinnatiAek said:

Ownership/management gave a big middle finger to to fans by not bringing in another player or two at the transfer deadline. Apparently content to pocket the CL money. Disappointing.

They didn't pocket it, there probably just paying off the new stadium with it.

• 3 months later...

Athanasiadis is now in. I assume Barkas will be sold. Rumors of Roma offering 8 million Euros. Seems fair and could go a long way to filling some gaps. Athanasiadis/Tsintontas are a solid duo in goal.

Bakasetas on his way to Turkey for 800,000 Euro. Seems like a fair amount for him. Need to bring in some more bodies. 

• Like it 1

I dunno Cincinnati... I’m really worried about next season... Geraldes and Vranjes def the pick of the bunch so far but their both loans with no buy option...

Everyone else comes from the Xanthi’s and OFI’s of Portugal 

We desperately need a striker and wingers now. Gianniotas would have been good :animaatjes-confused-1124061:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...