Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

As bad as Oly are atm I can't see them finishing fifth.....

I think it will be somebody else. The top four will remain top four with a new winner this year I'd say. Ask, Paok, or Pao have a good chance. 

Not sure why everyone has preordained the demise of Olympiakos.  Do they seem weaker than last year and previous seasons ?  Yes.  But they've had a "bad run" of 3 games now.  AEK, PAO, PAOK have had plenty of those in previous seasons.  Regarding Olympiakos, which team below say 6th can take points off them ?  So as bad as they seem to be I still think they're favourites to win until proven otherwise.  It's really to early to say.

And so for AEK, PAO, PAOK it's their job to stop dropping silly points to mediocre teams and actually create a proper title race.  Let's see how the first 8 or so rounds go and then we'll get a better idea of where each team is at.  That's assuming of course the season actually begins this year.  Also, remember that depth comes into it in the latter half of the season, and I know AEK suffered towards the later rounds and in the play-offs due to injuries and fatigue.  It's not just how you play during a particular round, but across the entire season.

Having said all that I will be ecstatic if someone other than EPO/Marinakis/Olympiakos won the title, just for a change and if so, I'll be sending Marinakis a big box of donuts to fill the void within him at losing the title.  I just haven't decided yet on how many donuts.  Any ideas ?

I don't see how signing Ketsbaia was a bad sign for AEK, the guy knows the league, knows what AEK means, has done well in Cyprus and with the Georgian NT, but its a bad sign by AEK? I find that funny.

As for Meli yes he is tight right now, but his tightness got him a kypello last season and some of those free agenrs we signed actually done well for us so don't see an issue if a player is a free agent or you pay for him, MANY players have been bought and turned out s%$#!, its all about the player and what he can do when it comes down to it, the price tag or free agent shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Leicester is your perfect example, Vardy was playing League 2 3 seasons ago now he is an EPL winner. All comes down to the heart and passion the team/players have.

Edited by Original Sydney

2 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

I can smell the fear around aek supporters in greece and aek fans on here. 

Your team needs 2-3 quality players to compete otherwise i say exoect draws in levadia in nea smyrni 

How about you tell us what you smell when you finish below us once again.

Edited by Dikefale11

Dikefale im not attacking aek, i have many friends and family who support aek all athens based ppl of pontian decent but they all seem to feel that meli has played them, while they are extactic their club is not in financial meltdown and are back in the top flight and they are pretending like the kypellaki means something to them they have all expressed that the signings did  not comr buming out of europe for a club of aek's stature shows this and that it will be a long season. 

We can go through position by position anexplain why only simeos is the only player capable of.starting in a paok, pao or gayros the rest are not starting 11 players

I never said you attacked AEK.

At the end of the day the squad has been improved, not substantially but in some way. 

We have learned from the past not to spend silly money as it lead to our demise. This time round we are being more strategic, sure a couple mil should have been spent but I'm sure there is a valid reason as to why Meli has not dug deep, the stadium playing a big factor.

Letting Barbosa go so late and not having another CM is poor managemtn however.

Anyway, you can state all you want about how the team will do, not that it means anything, I'd rather people underestimate us tbh.

Mandalos, Simoes, Johansson, Chygrynskiy, Vargas would be the first names in the 11ada for the above teams.