Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

No reason to raise the budget until the protathlima is clean. Otherwise it is just throwing money away. We qualified for Europe on our budget and I feel that we can do it again on our budget.

We do need a CM. Maniatis would be a good pick up. The papers are saying Zouk wants to come back. I think that would be a great idea. My only concern are his injuries.

Talk of Barbosa going to Arruabarena's club in the UAE is heating up some more. I'm reading something about 2 million euros. Would hate to see him leave, but that is good money that could go towards other players... IF that money is used wisely then it could work out for us, but if they're gonna be stupid about it and either not spend it, or spend it on players we don't need, then I'd much rather we just hold on to Barbosa. 

Happy for Platellas to come in BUT he needs to be more consistent and not go hiding in games as that's his biggest issue, other than that im sure he can get the job done with the style Ketsbaia has the team playing. Not saying its good to let Barbosa go as he does play his part for the team. Anyway lets see what happens with it ,$2mill can surely get us some cover if they wana spend it

Barbosa is as good as gone. We need to replace him by the end of the week IMO so that the replacement player can be ready by mid September when the super league finally starts up. With another good winger, Zuculini, and another striker or Center back, we can realistically think about a championship this season.

• Like it 1

Yes after reading his comments I think he is surely gone. Just hope the money is spent and spent quickly enough to give the new player/s time to gel with the team.

If we can get a good winger, another CB and a DM as cover, we can surely put on a title charge.

Had my doubts about Almeida but so far it seems he wants to be here and is making an effort so hope he is the difference for us once the season starts as we have really lacked up top last 2 seasons.

And if Patito hits his strides we are going to see a real talent.

Still nothing finalised on this... the longer we wait the more pressure on us to find some replacements. Plus 700K is a terrible move like mentioned above. No reason to sell him if thats all we're getting. Its a decent amount of money but its not going to buy anyone better than Barbosa for the position...

If PAOK were playing by themselves, they'd still finish 5th. Its your rightful place, don't forget that. 

This Barbosa chronicle is another foreseeable shitfest in planning. Sell first worry about replacements later. Another major let down by management if they don't find an appropriate replacement. Not to mention you have essentially distracted the player if you don't actually sell him. 

• Like it 1

Why even bother selling him for that amount just before the season starts, dumb decision if it goes ahead. Don't see us getting a replacement either, Ketsbaia said he prefers to go for another CB also.

PAOKSYD - Are you for real? That's a good joke, PAOK cant finish above any of the big 3 these days and you want to worry about where AEK will finish....

Edited by Original Sydney

I just think firstly the budgets of pao, olympiacos and paok are all around 10-12m

Aeks budget is 5m that for me says alot of the quality between the 4 clubs.

Everyyear the league has a suprise club that finishes 4th.

AEK with no real quality wingers, average strickers and only 2 centre midfielders seem to be a little off the mark.

Time well tell

• Like it 1

If PAOK were playing by themselves, they'd still finish 5th. Its your rightful place, don't forget that. 

This Barbosa chronicle is another foreseeable shitfest in planning. Sell first worry about replacements later. Another major let down by management if they don't find an appropriate replacement. Not to mention you have essentially distracted the player if you don't actually sell him. 

How can someone say AEK will finish 5th when first season back we finished 3rd and now have better players and more depth in most positions? Laughable comment.

You are missing the point Gringos.

Ofc Aek became better than last year, no doubt.

But in my opinion PAOK, PAO became far stronger, and kept the players tey really were interested in and should have kept. Finally some nice marketing and transfers from both teams.

Olympiakos is Olympiakos, even failing you can't consider them gonners right now.

Panionios did also well keeping Siopis, Risvanis and Karim, but also adding Fountas,Ben, Olaitan, Cypriot Antoniadis, Savvidis from paok I think they have a decent squad as well, not known players but completely underrated.

Completely anaware of Larissa, Iraklis and Asteras Tripolis, but them contesting for a play off spot is also a possibility.

Greek Super League has gotten much better in my opinion , especially last year and this season.

• Like it 3

Atromitos and asteras both have really good squads would finish top 5 in belgium league ( wink wink )

AEK lost their glitz and any momentum they had from winning the cup when tzigger showed his intentions this season by signinf ketsbai as a coach and not a decent name to follow on from poyet and the signings that came after show the same sentiments going to be a long season for AEK unless after his 100m euro sale of his shares at aegean marine he decides to pull some signings at christmas if AEK is in the race.

My above points are proven by the low season ticket sales for AEK