Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Very obvious now Repear....Meli is not investing big money with Olympiakos controlled EPO!!! THE SINKING HASN'T STARTED YET for Greek soccer, I will enjoy every moment!

No he's not investing money because he's cheap. He's always been cheap and always will be. He never spent a dime on AEK even in the 90s.

I heard this rumour also but nothing has been confirmed, why get him for just keep Maki instead.

This window has been very quiet for all leagues around the world.

Still 11 days to go so I wont say much, ill just hold hope that we bring a few in.

There is also talk of Sa coming on loan, he was also left on the bench on the weekend, lets see what happens with him.

What I don't get is you have a coach in Poyet who has lived in England and has the ability to attract players and it seems we aren't giving him the support he needs.

Seems like they are going for Sa which I am all for as it gives us another striker who can score goals. Lets hope they get him.

Hope they don't get Ukra, s%$#! record for me.

Guessing they are going for a winger too but take your pick with all the names dropped.

They also said after the PAOK match they'll be going for a CB.

Do you think they know the window closes in 10 days time lol?

Orlando sa is the best option out of the players we are linked with, if we get him for that price that is a bargain, really he is worth around 2 million. And for those who have criticised Ukra, he is actually good player, aek fans thought he was a striker and looked at his record and criticised him, he is a winger, still his record is not the best but he is a winger that also plays right midfield a lot of the time, a bit of an old fashioned winger. He was capped by portugal this season so he cant be crap.

Its an offer that limits the upfront cash by dangling the 40%. A lower risk move if the player doesn't work out but provides upside to Reading if he does. It carries the risk that someone jumps in and makes a higher all cash offer. English papers making it sound like Sa is just about done. Haven't seen anything on Vadillo. Has he fallen out of favor? This past summer he was linked to Tottenham who balked at his 17mm pound buyout clause to Betis. Would seem to be out of the team's price range.

I mean yeah we are poor, we have spent no money at all this year. The 40% deal makes sense for us, he's 27 years old, even if he lights it up what foreign team is gonna pay big money for a fully developed striker from the Greek Super League. He's a pretty good player for us.

Vadillo has completely fallen out of favor, we are trying to get him for free or on a loan. I don't think Tottenham made an offer for him this past summer, this kid has had two torn ACLs in the last 4 seasons.

Its always risky buying players in January, so Im not that bummed. I'd rather wait until the summer to get a solid striker than buy some average joe now.

TBH I think Sa would have been a risk, he is known for being confrontational, he already had a bust up at Reading.

Personally I think Sa is exactly what we need, he can score goals and is an out and out striker, Aravidis misses too many chances and Djebbour is a good option off the bench,

Hopefully they go for a CB they said they would after this match so we shall see what they do.

We need atleast 2 new faces in the team, but with the way we are going and opening up a lead from the rest management may think we don't need anyone new.

I'm with Dikefale. I agree that we need another striker, winger and cb, however, buying just for the sake of it isn't something we should do. Sa sounded like a good option. The only thing I'm worried about is the stupid play offs if a few of our players go down...

Very very disappointed with AEK, we missed a great chance to sign a good player that can make the difference. If that is true we were 10K short off we are stupid. Apparently his wages will be 500K which is reasonable, I dont understand why we don't spend any money. We will never catch up to Oly if we continue like this. Pao actually spend money, essien is get 1m per year, Pao went out and bought boumale and spend over 1m in transfer period before the season started and they aint richer than us. Seems like our board are just saving the money for themselves. We are actually doing very well for a team that spends nothing and dosn't offer expensive contracts. Apparently simoes and johanson both get like 200K, that is a joke, the deserve at least 400K contracts. And in the previous transfer period we were 100K short for lafferty, so we are a cheap club and we wont sign anyone. Poyet might also want to leave if he realises his club doesn't have a transfer budget and I dont blame him if he wants to leave.

• Like it 2