Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

AEK haven't spent a single penny this year on transfers, melissanidis, bajevic and milovanovic have all said AEK want to win the league straight away. We can't if were not willing to pay any money for players or not offering them wages higher than 500K. We all said when melissanidis came AEK would be a team that would bring top quality players that would make us a Champions league team. We really dont have a transfer budget, and meli has been tight with his money. I am really happy with the players we have brought in without spending any money on them. Especially galo, johanson, vargas, simoes etc but we need star quality players to win the league of the gavroi because with the squad we have we wont. I agree we need to careful with how we spend our money so dont get in the same mess as before, but we need to spend some money on top quality players to compete. The last thing melissanidis wants is marinakis winning the league but if he isn't willing to spend money on top players, the gavroi will continue winning the league

^^^ george21 none of them said AEK would win the league straight away, if you find an article where they said that please share it on here.

As for Meli and pumping money, we cant do this as we need to show profit for the first 2 years due to us being on the London Stock Exchange. Once those 2 years go by and with investors on the stock exchange our budget will rise dramatically.

Meli never said he was going to come in and throw money everywhere, he has never done that in the past, people need to relax and think where AEK would be if Meli didn't come in, instead of the usual saying "kavouria sti tsepi tou" and look at the bigger picture. The club has a plan and that plan wont work in a year.

I read an article that said ELITE welcomes AEK, anyhow we are obviously aligned with them in some way but obviously not active to have investors as yet.

Either way after these 2 years of showing profit and actually being on there and having investors our budget could grow to huge numbers from what I have been told.

I have to laugh at those that say "exi kavouria sti tsepi tou o Meli" as they have no f*cken idea at all

We must get someone otherwise we are going to struggle in that front 3rd, yes we will get goals along the way but the weekend's game should have showed them we lack that killer edge in the box.... Lets hope someone comes in and makes that change upfront that we need.

I feel if we had Djebbour on the weekend things may have been slightly different but again he isn't the one player we should be relying on....

Original sydney I never said for meli to splash out the cash, and I actually mentioned about we need to be very careful with how we spend our money. Because we could easily get into debt again. But to at least spend some money on players, because buying free agents and also not willing to offer them contract over 400K isn't going to compete for the league. Btw I have a lot of respect for meli for what he has done, and they way he is running us is amazing and the players we have brought in have been great and we havent spent any money on them and they are on good contracts. We have targeted the correct players and I respect the work meli and milovanovic have done. But he is probably in the top 5 five richest people in greece, and this stock exchange thing, i'm sure they allow us to spend at least 2 mil on transfers? We are looking for a striker, Orlando sa was a great striker, but we werent willing to spend 1.5 mil for him and thats why we didn't get him, players like this make the difference and could have been the striker to push us to compete in the league.

Anyway here is an article that says a bit about him wanted to win the league on the first season back, i remeber reading a more specific article but this also shows

http://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Aek/thelei-prwtathlhma-o-melissanidhs.3337866.html

Edited by george21
  • Like it 1

Unbelievable

We have until September 11th to sign players on a free transfer. We need a striker for sure, But I would also gamble on a player like Vlachodimos as a backup winger for more depth. That's the type of low risk and high reward signing that we should look to make at this point.

Off the top of my head some strikers we could go after are Samaras, Salpigidis, Papadopoulos, Berbatov, Almeida, and Uche.

Other free agents available: http://www.sportdata.gr/transfers-rumours-free.htm

Edited by Original 21

Olympiakos signing two big money players on deadline day, emeis ta a*****a mas pirame. I don't care for the stupid stock exchange, bring in players that will help us win now!

Literally 2 weeks ago we were supposedly going after 3 transfers. The 3 became 1 centers forward that will be a game changer. And from there we got nothing. awesome planning.

Edited by Original 21

This is one of the few times where I am agreeing with the bitching squad on AEK365. This move to leave the team without a class striker makes us look very weak. We left three major holes unplugged and its a shame because we have a quality squad that is just a few good signings short of suprising the league. Real shame and really demoralizing for our fans. I would still love to get Samara or Berbatov as free agent but even that seems unlikely.

The only solution now would be for Della to be able to find a way to rotate the squad and scheme so that Arava can get some back up on days where we will be looking for more attacking options. Im thinking on more attack oriented match days we push Mantalo up the field, play with one DM and switch from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-3-2 with Mantalo behind Arava.

Unfortunately we would have to possibly bench Simoes or Johanson but a possible line up could be:

------Aravidis------

---- Mantalos------------

Vargas----Diego-------Platellas

---------Johanson-----------

Didac-------------------Galo

Or if Platella isnt in Form move galo up and put Simoes RB

This is one of the few times where I am agreeing with the bitching squad on AEK365. This move to leave the team without a class striker makes us look very weak. We left three major holes unplugged and its a shame because we have a quality squad that is just a few good signings short of suprising the league. Real shame and really demoralizing for our fans. I would still love to get Samara or Berbatov as free agent but even that seems unlikely.

I don't think we have 3 major holes, just the 1 striker is missing IMO. But I agree with the rest of post, we were literally one quality striker away from being a serious serious threat to the gavro, now we are looking at a battle for 3rd or 4th place (before Playoffs).