Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Djalma guy has a terrible record for a striker, if he is a striker!

Chrisantus attracting interest from Qatar after his showing in the friendly game. Personally I hope we keep him. With a proper pre-season under his belt Im sure he can come good, signing in January is always tough to land on your feet.

I would welcome Stafylidis too. But doubt he'll come. Unless he follows in the footsteps of his very good friend Velios.

Edited by Dikefale11

I didn't know Vellios signed for them thanks for letting me know. Wow they have some good strikers now Iraklis they mean business. They have this Aussie striker who has massive attitude but the kid can F***en play!!!!!!

They mean business!!!!!

I wonder where they will turn to now with no Giovanni.......

Still think we need another striker also, Djebbour aint enough and yes we have Aravidis but still need one more classy guy who can finish, surely the Balkans or Scandinavia have someone for us

Aussie? Who you talking bout?

Djalma is a winger,mans idk how good he is. I would rather we go after a different player than get a 28 year old on loan. I want Stafylidis, loan with a resonable option to buy clause would be ideal and our defense would be complete.

By the looks of things hes a journeyman and s%$#!.

Fetfa and Staf would be very good signings, most of our signings this summer (first team wise) have been foreign, which their is nothing wrong with but would be good to add to our Greek talent.

Unfortunately I cant see either player signing. If they do, they'll be loans.

Im honestly glad we didn't sign havez for a few reasons and I'd also like to highlight this ridiculous AEK365 induced climate of bitching and whining all the time, about management, that is getting beyond tiring.

1. The mass media are a bunch of hype machines with no goal other than to get your clicks and a deal isn't final until its in writing and official from the pae. NO, aek365 posters, you dont sign first and then do iatrikes eksetashs you idiots.

2. This whole "pame gia protathlima" bullShit is just one huge hype storm that needs to subside asap in order for the team to continue in its upward path. Of course im a bit disappointed that Tigri's pockets seem to have crabs but the guy made it clear that his number one priorities are the stadium and making AEK self sufficient again. Gone are the days of getting goodjohnsens and players that put us in debt. The team just got back from the lower divisions and it important to build the team from the bottom rather than splurge and leave the team in ruins the next year.

3. Last but not least hafez looked like a great acquisition but a general rule of business is that muslims/arabs are the worst people to do business with.They're unreliable sneaky,cheap, liars who will sell you out for a penny. I'v learned this first hand as well and both Hafez and the team president are arabs/muslims. These unprofessional bazaar type antics first became evident when out of nowhere, AFTER agreeing with AEK they ask for an additional 400k in the event that we win the playoffs or something along those lines. Then, even though they agreed to a 50-50 3 year contract, they switch it up to a one year contract with an option that included no specifics, meaning after a year they would try to F*** you in the ass. The pae attempted to come to a clearer solution and possibly pay more for three years, for a clearer option, or for a controlling percentage of the player but like true gypsies they refused and packed their s%$#!, spreading lies about a loan deal. This player would of been a headache to own.

I don't know the specifics regarding this guy but I agree that building slowly and methodically should be the order of the day for the team. Just like Rome, this team should not be built in a day with impulse buys that backfire from both a performance and financial perspective. They need to make smart choices and build for the long term so there is sustained success and stability. Hopefully the stadium can get past the government approval process and become a reality. I don't think winning the league first season back up is a realistic goal. If it happens, great but I wouldn't define success or lack thereof based on winning it all.

Meli wont spend this season we need to show a profit for the 1st year as part of us being on the London stock exchange. If we make Europe then he will spend and bring a few bigger players in but he has always said priority for him is the stadium and for that he is putting money of his own in, $10 mill if I am not mistaken.

The Hafez situation seems odd but with all the sh*t behind it glad we didn't sign him it would only cause issues and we don't need that sh*t.

I read a lot of our fans bagging Meli for not spending big now but I don't ever recall him saying "we are going to win the title" some of these fans need to sit back and think where AEK would be if Meli didn't come in & take over.

If we won it this year then that's great but its our first year back in SL, next season we could surely mount a title charge.

Reaper lets hope so mate we do need 1 name to get us all excited, we have signed a few decent players who do strengthen the team from last year,  just cant see where and what position this big name player will be. Hoping a striker though who can bang in goals, I have said for a long time we need a berg like striker. Djebbour and Christantus just aren't enough and Aravidis is good but we need more options.

My other concern is we need Mandalos to come back bigger than he was, but an ACL is never an injury to recover form, look no further than Falcao as example, although he was rushed back for world cup last year.

We surely have a squad good enough for top 5, anything higher than that is a bonus.

I think a lot of people will be surprised. I seen PAO play yesterday vs Club Brugge and if they are going to be one of our main rivals then it wont br as hard as people think.

Sure its early days but we cant let these pre-season games fools us. Our aim is and always will be to win the league regardless if we are just promoted.

Olympiakos have the best team, thats a given, but other than them I cant see any other team having that much of a better team then ours. PAO? PAOK? Iraklis? Asteras? Atromitos?

Nah I dont buy it, we can easily match each one of these teams player for player or even exceed them.

PMNE GIA PROTATHLIMA!!

To be honest nobody knows what Mel is thinking. The stick he is getting by certain fans on different sites and facebook however is disgusting like someone stated previously considering where AEK would be had it not been for the man.

He is hardly going to throw millions of euros out of his pocket on players just to please fans, thats erratic spending, like Amorgos also stated he didn't get to where he is today on erratic spending. Slowly but surely the team is getting tweaked left right and centre on positions that are needed. We needed a RB, we got a RB, we needed a GK we got a GK, we also got a CB and two MF's along with Djebbour. Sure we could do with another winger but the way some fans are dissing him is atrocious and have the same mind frame that lead AEK to the 3rd division in the first place.

Its only August 6, a long time before the transfer window closes. Lets take it one day at a time.

I'm hoping for a winger on either side, and a left back. We wont be getting another striker. We have Djebbour, Aravidis and Chrisantus. Is Brecevic still on the books? Either way its not the worst strike-force. Aravidis deserves his shot in the SL with AEK, Chrisantus deserves a full pre-season under his belt before we can judge him and so far so good for him. Djebbour is a worry but who knows how his crazy mind works, maybe he's saving what he's got in the tank for the league games, I will admit his tembelli mind frame worries me but I cant judge until I've seen him play properly.

Edited by Dikefale11
  • Like it 1

Since day 1 AEK365 has been a site of overreactions and propaganda. Kosta Ketsetsoglou can take his sfinakia and put them in his ass.Lets look at thi.gs for what they are:

You had a right side that depended solely on Bakaki and Georgia, and you now have Galo and a very bright young prospect in Vasilantonopoulo. The Galo signing solves a lot of problems as when Mpakaki gets back he can also start with Galo on the right. We also have enough CM's that with the return of Cordero Simoes can also play on the right. With the addition of Vargas you have the ability to add another player on the wing when mandalo gets back.

In attack i personally am not too big a fan of Djebbour but if Arava's form picks up as we expect it to hopefully Djebbour and Chrisantus are not needed.

As far as centre backs go we have Tzanetopoulo who i personally want to continue starting and improving. You have Lampropoulo as a back up, Svarna as a young prospect, and Arzo as the experienced player. In times of need Johanson also plays bos CB positions. So we are more or less oka in the back for the time being.

The only positions we are truely suffering in, in regards to depth right now are LB and LW but I expect the team to make at least 2 new signings by the end of the transfer window. With some playing time for the team to gel together, some much needed returns in the roster and patience the team will perform and if not well be in a great place to make additions come December