Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

A question none of us is able to answer.

Who knows but he should be more than capable for the SL.

Only question is who does he replace, Kolovetsios or Tzane? I have a feeling it will be the latter.

time will tell on both fronts...

there have been many players from the top 5 leagues who have come and failed in GSL....

Huh? Some of you guys should educate yourselves. The only realistic talk is Greece exiting the Euro Zone. The single currency. NOT the EU (European Union), UEFA nor are geologists and cartographers going to redraw the continents borders so that the country now falls in Asia or Africa.

Facts:

Greece is a UEFA member.

Greece is a member of the EU which allows other EU citizens to work and sign contracts in Greece.

The economic crisis will have an impact on players considering Greek clubs the same way they would consider playing in the Ukraine (Who's not in the EU) with the civil mess that country is in.

I agree with Rockerfeller our team only lost to 1 SL team (Oly) in the Kypello and we matched them overall in both games so I don't see why people lack faith in the players we have and the players we have brought in. If anything Djebbour has something to prove to us ALL, Vargas will lift the team around the park and Cezar has the experience we lacked in the 2nd division and I am sure there will be another 2-3 players coming in to strengthen the team.

Personally I think we are a top 5 team, can we challenge for the title? Depends on our consistency and also what results we get in the derbies. But since we have just come back it would be wise to say that next season we should mount a massive title charge, this season anything in top 3 is a great achievement, but as I said it comes down to our consistency because the old AEK would batter the bigger teams then go to Panthrakikos/Veria (as example) and lose or draw, this is what we don't want and cant have happening this season.

This new AEK has the hunger to beat these smaller teams that we used to lose to and the quality to compete with Olympiakos and Panathinaikos. We have 3-4 more signings coming for sure and maybe one bam, we offered Scocco about 1 million euros to come so we will see what happens.

I agree with you Original we do have that hunger and determination nowadays with this squad and change we have had. As I sad we matched it with Oly, beat PAO in a friendly, beat Atromitos along the way too. If I have missed another SL team we played please remind me....

We surely do have atleast 3 new faces to come in and from what I have heard don't know how true it is they say Scocco has already signed for us back in Easter, whether true or not remains to be seen, we offered him good money and we doubled what Newell's offered so hopefully that enticed him to come back and has the hunger to win a title with us.

I'm very worried about mantalos, do any of you think he'll come back the same? Any news on he severity or healing of his injury? He's the best young Greek midfielder in my opinion and AEK always plays better with him on the field

Edited by Ethnikos

Yes I just read on aek365 Original.

Good signing as we need to cover that position, Soelidis is good but does have the tendency to fade out in games and gets beaten easily at times. Correct me if im wrong but the goal we copped in the Kypello vs Oly in the dying mins was because he didn't track his runner at the far post. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure it was him....