Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Original I heard the same for Djebbour also he signed about then too, Im happy to have him back and as I said under Meli things are different, he wont be able to F*** around and cause problems and im sure he has been made aware of that by many people. He is still scoring goals and considering in my opinion the Cyprus league is abit tougher than the Greek league (in its current state) currently you would hope he's the 20-25 striker we need.

I have a feeling the Scocco story/rumour has legs to it now that I have seen Djebbour come back.

Logical fans should understand why he left, he had no other choice we were a bourdello and I wouldn't be surprised if Adamidis sold him under the table to Olympiakos (I've heard this from a few people with connections), unfortunately the same people who never forgave Bajavic for leaving will do the same for Djebbour and cause problems I'm sure....

There's a video on AEK365 of the goals he scored, he's the type of striker we need to turn half a chance into a goal still, with the correct wingers whipping in crosses and wrecking havoc Rafik will score a bunch, his fitness and age might be an issue in Dellas high pressing system so it's important to get another striker.

I also heard the same Original about why he let and how he left and who profited form it and the prick Adamidis had a big hand in it!!!!!!!

I have seen comments from people in Greece who aren't happy about it, but lets see it from this point of view, if he goes to Karaiskaki and scores the winner those current fans bagging his signing wont celebrate his goal? I don't think so, they'll be the first to jump and shout!!!

I can't see us getting another striker unless we sell 1. We currently have Aravidis, Chrisantus, Brecevic, D'Acol (is he still around or was he released?) and now Djebbour.

2 of those (Aravidis & Djebbour) will most likely be getting most of the game time so unless we sell Chrisantus, which I would be against, Brecevic and D'Acol if he is still around, I cant see us getting another striker. Maybe a sub-par one but definitely not a top quality one.

As for Djebbour, he is an improvement to anyone that we currently have in that department. Let's not forget we are a newly promoted team in Greece with no European football, its not going to be easy to attract the type of players some people are looking for.

I think so far this season we have done VERY well with our signings considering we dont have European football and we are in Greece, a country that has had a lot of bad publicity that past few years both economically and football wise (corruption) therefore not many top quality players are going to want to come to Greece.

As for the Greek players in the starting 11, you can begin to start kissing that goodbye. Although we did well the past 2 seasons in that regard, there is simply not enough top quality Greek players around that would make them a better option then going foreign. I think we have done well to get the one we have so far as Kolovetsios, Tzanetopoulos, Bakakis and Mantalos the definitely have the quality to remain in the starting 11 on a regular basis. The rest we will start to see less and less of. Anestis, Soiledis, Petavrakis, Lambropoulos, Platellas,

Andreopoulos & Vasilantonopoulos I have not seen play at all so cant critique them however it seems their are 2-3 players ahead of them in their playing positions.

D'Acol has been released already, and I hear Brecevic is as good as gone. Chrisantus is probably staying.

I 100% agree with everything else you wrote tho, there's so few Greek talents nowadays on the smaller clubs and no one good will come back to Greece from Europe, we just have to go wait a year or two more until our academy players are ready.

And people need to realize that we signed Greek players these past two years because no foreigners would come unless they've played in Greece, we signed 80% of those Greeks just to get us promoted and then bench or release them.

Yeah i mentioned the fact we could only sign Greek players in another thread, where would Tzane, Kolovets, Mantalos, Bakakis be now if we didnt go down I wonder.

I believe our under 20's are pretty good correct me if I am wrong but are they in some sort final? Hopefully we can produce some top quality players, for AEK and for the good of the NT because the current crop are not good enough to lace the Faroe Island players' boots.

Manolas has done a great job with our 20s from what I have seen & read so good on him for that!!!

The Greek players we have some have the talent to go far then there are some who were great in 2nd and 3rd divisions but thyey have shown they wont cut it for SL.

Even though we have just been promoted no one can say that we aren't going for the title next season and we need to bring in players who can get the job done, players who don't need time to develop but are ready from the word go to contest for this title.

They have all had their chance to show what can be done and some have shined along the way and some haven't.

I would take Paps. Hard worker and scores. No side shows either.

I still want us to grab Leo. Having a great year and looks like his playing maturity has improved. With all of the stamina training in Korea, he would run circles around players in the SL.

Nope, they reported on some ridiculous event where we would have to mail them the contract or someone would have to go there in person, and this and that and in the end it was all bullshit. The player hasn't arrived in Athens to officially sign yet. We have the worst media in the world. Every day false news and stupid scenarios, they have an accuracy rate of 10% IF. 

Guys relax Vargas is signed... He was a little busy with the Copa America and he needs to pass a medical in Athens before we officially announce him... He had to return to Venezuela after the Copa America to take care of some business there and will be in Athens by next week

Lets hope Vargas is confirmed soon enough so we can all relax. I really wonder who writes these articles in aek365, is it reporters or the admin people in aek lol

I have heard 2-3 different names each day, it would be great if we just get down to business and confirm the players we really want

I dont get why reporters come up with bullshit names out of the blue, at the end of the day its them that look like the idiots.

Sure they need to sell papers but coming up with complete and utter crap makes them look like fools that cant do their job.