Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

I know I am on the minority in this but I really don't think it's smart to sign Van der Vaart for 4 million euros unless Nike and Melissanidis personally are paying for it because if it comes from the club there will not be a lot of money left for us to fill other big needs. And also because we don't have huge need in that position... If it was at striker for Drogba id be all for it, but when we just needed someone to fill in until Mantalos comes back and depth then I don't see the need to drop that much $$$.

I want us to find 4-5 players that are relatively unknown but are very good players, like Johanson was for us. Or maybe a few younger players that will come here and tear it up like Blanco and Scocco did when they first came. I don't care if they Chinese, Brazilian, Greek, or come from the planet Mars, I just want good players that are here to play well and not for a vacation. We need a LB, Striker, 2 wingers, dekari, and CB if we want to be serious about a title.

Anyways, Scocco rumors are starting up again. Based off of current form, and his poor relations with Newell's right now we might be able to get him back cheaper than he would have cost a year ago. I think Melissanidis will give us 2-3 "bam" signings but based off of price I just don't see Van der Vaart being one of them, Scocco and 2 more players of equal or better quality are more likely.

It is important to note that Melissanidis is not the president, and has no shares of the team. He is just a very well known "fan" that gives the team cash "gifts" and has his opinions on things, he is not anywhere on paper affiliated with the club lol.

• Like it 1

I agree forking out 3-4 million on a player that is of a "bam" nature looks good but I dont think he will benefit the team as good as spending that 3-4 mil on other more important areas.

Basing it from past experiences I never feel good about a player in the twilight of their career coming to our club, although it may not be said out loud I feel that said player only comes for a last pay-check or for the Greek beaches. Had he been 30 or just turned 31 then cool but at this stage of his career.

Having said that the AM position is a crucial position in our team and we've seen with the absence of Mandalos that without a quality player in that position we lack that 'umpf' in going forward.

Signing him would not be the worst thing and provided he isn't here for a holiday I would welcome it however I would prefer we invest the cash into other areas that we are lacking in more so.

Scocco I would much prefer due to him well being... Scocco, and at the peak of his career and a relatively decent age at 29.

Also on a different topic isn't Mel the owner of AEK and Alsanidis the president?

If we did have the chance of signing VDV I would take him the atmosphere he would create around would be awesome, but I wouldn't spend it on more than one player, $3-$4 mill is nothing for Meli so even if he personally pays it im sure it wont hurt his pocket.

So many names are being thrown around who knows what to believe.

Anyone can go onto Wiki and write what they like, the same thing happened before this season when we were after Lazovic, it said he was our player but he never came...wont buy into that too much Akritis

I know full well about the accuracy of Wikipedia. I contribute frequently on various subjects and have seen entries that are meant as pranks or to ridicule the subject.

On a page like AEK FC's this would get vetted and checked regularly. There's a section on Meli being the owner so it's not just someone trying to provoke.

We are waiting on Legia Warsaws season to end (3 games to go) before we begin contact with Orlando Sa.

He was mentioned before, but thoughts?

Not a bad record. Good physical attributes for a striker. Has done decent for his last 2 clubs.

I knew he was mentioned before, conpletely forgot about the attitude issue but who knows whats going on. So far we have not signed 1 player we were linked with in the media, they have mostly been out of the blue so who knows what to believe.

God i hate the Greek media

Looks like we are very close to signing Ronald Vargas, a Venezuelan dekari who played many years for Club Brugge and Anderlecht in Belgium, but played in Turkey last year.

He looks like he's a decent player, a very solid filler for Mantalos and just as good as him: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Vargas

He's also played many games on the right wing, in a position where we also have a big need. I like that we are signing versatile players.

Edited by Original 21

In my opinion...F*** SCOCCO...now there's rumors from people that he's also shopping around with another club in Greece, most likely the gauro. If he doesn't come out and cut ties from other Greek teams (like he did in the past--was probably bullshit though) I don't want this POS anywhere near our club. AEK eimaste and we're not going to beg any piece of s%$#! like Scocco to come, because that is exactly what he is and always was. 

"

I'm indifferent as to weither he returns. Of course no club should ever have to beg a player to return. We should propose an offer if he wants to return, good. If not, then ade geia he can go wherever he wants be it another Greek club, that will tell us if what he said years ago about not playing for another Greek club was true or not. If he does I wont be bothered, I dont want players like that in my team.

In other news we're looking at Sjoerd Ars who just guided his team, N.E.C, to promotion to the Eredivisie. He is 31 and plays as a striker. 28 league goals in 35 league games for N.E.C since 2014. 

To me he is just another name being thrown around like Sa and Djebbour.

From what I have seen of this guy he really reminds me of a Gattuso like player, full of running, hard tackling and has great vision, next to Johanssen if they connect we will have a very good midfield, I feel Anakoglou will struggle to find a starting spot at times unless hes played at #10 when Mandalos is missing.

Great signing this one!!!