Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Not only do i not want to overspend i don't want 2 brazilians.

I get that there are not that many talented Greek footballers but one thing that has made me love the current team even over our good days in 07 is that the majority are Greek.

Dont get me wrong we are obviously going to have to dip into the foreign market to get some creative players but i just hope its not the vintage old Greek club case were 90% of the team is foreign aka Olympiakos.

Edited by Dikefale11

I don't think this management will make the same mistakes like Gudjohnsen for example and pay outrageous wages for a player....

I would take one of those Brazilians as they do add flair to the team but I wouldn't take both as I am sure there are more players in Europe who can be found with talent & much cheaper....

When a Brazilian goes back in the form of clubs like Botafogo, they are officially worn out. When a player has passed through India as well, they are officially wayy passed worn out. Wasn't a big enough fan of him at Arsenal to overlook his really poor resume. Other than his first club of three years, he hasn't stayed at a single club for more than 2 years. I think he's better suited for Olympiako as they love such mercenaries. 

As for the Brazilians. The Brazilian market is overhyped, overcharging, and just like the rest of Latin America, lacking in quality the last few years. Soccer has been watered down to such a despicable business level that they might as well just rename their leagues to European Farm League, where Europeans come in , throw stupid cash at mediocre underdeveloped players and inflate the market. These players are nothing more than soulless farmed players who are a headache to acquire for a reasonable price as often time they are owned by 3 teams , 1 bank , and a shampoo company. Example: Diogo 

As for Krislan and Lukas. Luka was probably the worst pick Milo has made thus far at AEK. There is no ###### way in hell that you dish out over a million euros for a small frame player with career ending injuries in BOTH legs. His recent season ending injury was just a big fat warning as to the trap we almost fell into. Can you imagine paying 1.5 mil for a player to get injured for the season AND have an existing history of serious injuries? You just bought a bag of s%$#!.

As for Krislan, nice goals but nothing insane. Not worth the overinflated price tag im sure the 14 entities that own him will put on him. Also the quality of the defenses they play against is in question. I don't know if he would be able to adapt to a more physical style of play.

Ahaha guys please read this piece of comedy i coincidentally ran into after my rant, taken directly from Santos' wikipedia page that sums up the tragic Brazilian transfer market lol :

"In 2008, Santos moved to Corinthians, with Figueirense retaining 50% economic rights for the future transfer fee.[2] The deal was partially financed by DIS Esporte, to which Corinthians later sold 22.5% of the rights.[3][4]along with Dentinho and Renato, for R$ 5.4 million total fee.[5] Corinthians also sold 40% rights to Turbo Sports, for R$3.6 million[5] and after that partnered with the investor to sign Figueirense's remain 50% rights, making Corinthians own 37.5% of the players' rights after the deal.[6] However, Corinthians did not pay Turbo Sports for its portion of the transfer fee (from Fenerbah?e), after which the company sued Corinthians."

What a headache  :lol: 

Edited by CHE21QNS
  • Like it 2

I actually like Sa too. Not a bad age either, definitely has a few more good years to offer. Much better chance dealing with Legia than with a brazilian team too and the estimates of paying 500,000 for him really aren't that bad. I think he'll be happier in Greece too and I'm hoping him and Barbosa can link up well. 

........................................GK

Bakakis.....Tzanetopoulos.....Kolovetsios.....LB

....................Anakoglou......Johansson/Cordero

RW...........................Mantalos..............Barbosa

..........................Aravidis/Chrisantus

Also have Simoes in the mix for CM, Dellas has a tough decision to make as to who is a starter in that position. Johansson is a definite but then again you cant have to defensively minded players like Johansson and Cordero in the midfield, well you can but I don't think its the best of ideas. Maybe Anakoglou will be at CAMF while Mantalos is out, with Johansson/Cordero/Simoes battling it out in CM. Then when Mantalos returns we will have 4 players battling it out for the 2 CM roles.

Either way, its better to have this problem than to not.

Definitely need a top class GK, LB, RW.

@Dikefale,   Simoes can balance out Johanson's defensive mindedness well. However they both prefer to play on the right and I think that would cause a problem if they played on the same line. So while Mandalo is out the most likely scenario would be a 4-3-3:

---------------------------------------Aravidi-----------------------------------------------

Barbosa------------------------------------------------------------------------Platella

Anakoglou--------------------------Simoes
  -----------------------------------Johanson(Cordero)----------------------------------
Soiledhs----------------------------------------------------------------------Bakakis
----------------------Tzanetopoulos---------------Kolobetsios--------------------------
-------------------------------------------GK--------------------------------------------------------

Think its too early to be putting teams together for next season since we haven't even started making signings and with Dellas going 4-4-2 in the friendlies we just played it will be interesting to see what formation he goes with next season.... Don't see him changing what we have played all season 4-2-3-1 but a 4-4-2 does give your striker more support and maybe that's what he's looking to do at times next season against teams that sit back against us....

The way Dellas plays it 4-2-3-1 is a good formation and he has the right balance at the back and middle but with that formation you need lightning wingers and ours have been sluggish at times.... We have the creative #10 in Mandalos, Anakoglou can play there and so an Zoric so we have the depth, its the wingers that are my issue, Barbosa needs to lift next season ALOT and Platellas needs to find consistency if they are to be our starting wingers.....

I do like the 4-4-2 also but with the amount of midfielders we have many will sit out with this formation.....

A 4-5-1 is also good but that's also similar to a 4-2-3-1....

I feel like one of the reasons our fans are so split on this signing is because there is an envious atmosphere at the moment because of the gaurous chasing Flamini and the mpaokia chasing Ayew. In all honesty its that type of mentality that sped up our demise post 2008. Running our club like that won't do us any good and it hasn't done anyone any good for that matter, including the vazeles. 

I'd much rather get hidden gems or up and coming players/talents than having a flexing war with Savidi and Marinaki on who can bring the most mercenaries. Aniete looks like a good signing. The guy has a lot of passion, he's quick, good technique and vision, good scoring ability, and even if he has a hard time, he can score you a much needed Free kick or give a good corner to change the game. 29-30 doesnt drive me crazy but its not too bad either, he still has about 3 good years left in him, basically as much as a contract. I'm all for getting Aniete and letting the mpaokia and gauroi stay with their dicks in their palms as more powerful teams come in and snatch up their bam signings haha.

Flamini? Hes s%$#! anyway in my opinion, they wanted Robihno and Rosicky too but they didn't come and their papers last year they were a step away from signing Scocco, I don't buy into their stories... Look at Affelay, hes been shithouse for them this season.....

As for us we don't need big names, we need talent and players who will play for our jersey and understand what we are trying to do now as a club, hence why we got guys like Barbosa and Johanssen with us now in 2nd division because these guys wouldn't have come to Greece if they didn't believe in what we are building now.

The rest can chase and buy titles the way we are doing things now I wouldn't change for anything

I really am scared of the fact of returning to the days where we buy has beens just for their name, Gudjohnssen, Bouba Diop, Juanfran?? How did we in any way expect players such as these to improve our team?

Id much rather out system now of scoutting Greek players and the odd foreign player. We are a Greek football club thus should have a majority of Greeks in the squad i.e pre Euro2004, and not players who come to Greece for a last paycheck and to chill on fhe beach.

Juan Fran and Gudjonsen were out of this world kreata. ESPECIALLY juanfran, even though it seems he moved on to do good at levante. I will however disagree with Diop. Diop was one of the best defensive mids we ever got, who we snatched up from some powerful teams at the time, and its a shame he didn't stay longer. Players like Hersey, Arche, Baha, Patsatsoglou, Basina, Dadomo, Drpic, Moretto, Azkarate, Aruabarrena (who was good for a few months until his injury) , Kalon (good for us but no future, the guy moved on to play for a his own club ffs), Geraldo Alvez, etc. are all players we could of lived without.  

I actually put Manu in the list and then took him off because I feel like we didn't really get to see the player at all and he was on loan. The only memory I have of him is coming in vs. Panathinaiko in leoforo and impressing me with his speed. He was at a great age too, and then from there we never saw him again pretty much...Who knows...He's 32 now and playing in cyprus