Phantis Forums

Maccabi Tel-Aviv - PAO

Irlandos

Tragic defending... Macabi was threatening and it seemed a matter of time before they scored again, but PAO makes it easier for them.

Now, they'll tell us that they'll do their best in Athens, nothing has been decided, etc, etc....

It's all for the better. PAO should concentrate on the domestic league only.

Tragic defending... Macabi was threatening and it seemed a matter of time before they scored again, but PAO makes it easier for them.

Now, they'll tell us that they'll do their best in Athens, nothing has been decided, etc, etc....

It's all for the better. PAO should concentrate on the domestic league only.

It most certainly is not for the better. Group stages = money, money = better players. We are going to collapse as a club

Gavroi got knocked out last year and they came back focused on the domestic league and won it.

The best route is to win the domestic title and go to the CL group stages.

PAO has allowed 8 goals in 3 euro matches this season....

ok, not watching the game but can someone explain to me what the hell is going on out there??!! :angry: :angry: :( :(

Basically we missed 3 massive opportunities to score, 2 one on ones in the first half and one in the 2nd where the ball appeared to cross the line. So we were wasteful. On the other hand, defensively we were atrocious! Spyropoulos is humiliating, but on the plus side if he and Vintra can be professionals then it gives us all hope!

Basically we missed 3 massive opportunities to score, 2 one on ones in the first half and one in the 2nd where the ball appeared to cross the line. So we were wasteful. On the other hand, defensively we were atrocious! Spyropoulos is humiliating, but on the plus side if he and Vintra can be professionals then it gives us all hope!

Is the hope getting bigger while they are both professionals and nationals? :LOL:

This is sad for a club like PAO. I feel they are going thru the same period that we went past last year. After a season with a Dutch "system" coach (Rijkaard - Ten Cate) who is trying to establish a 4-3-3, where little has been achieved because of lacklustre midfields (Sarp, Ayhan, Barış/Elano - Kats, Simao, Kara/Ninis), the board intervenes and sacks the managers, appointing club's former legends instantly (Hagi - Noplias). Despite Noplias having a better start, both coaches find it hard to turn things around as both boards make unimpressive moves in the transfer market (Govou, Luis Garcia etc. - Pino, Stancu, Zapata etc.). And as a result, both teams turn into total turmoils at the end of last season.

PAO need to re-start with the right coach. Get rid of the deadwood (Kara, Boumsong) and tell Nini and Leto that this is their team on the field, even givin them first and vice captaincy.

Otherwise, Olympiakos will find a way to win it again.. :(

I don't think the whole world is collapsing, but there's a serious crisis on all levels in many countries.

The gap between Greek teams and top euro teams is increasing. You think gavroi will do any better? I bet you not. But, as they've been doing all these years, they get to the CL and make lots of $$$ which helps.

PAO needs stability and only someone like the Giannakopoulos bros to take over. Establish a good scouting system (please, no more Plessis, Kante, etc, etc), and focus on the domestic league. PAO doesn't have the resources and team to compete in europe now. Let them develop a decent team with cohesion and a stable core (not new system, new players every year.... goddamit, every year the saem sh*t).

Once they learn how to play like a decent team, then they can think about Europe.

If PAO won the title (or two) this coming season, most of you would be very, very happy, especially if we beat our main competitors on the pitch.

Is the hope getting bigger while they are both professionals and nationals?  :LOL:

This is sad for a club like PAO. I feel they are going thru the same period that we went past last year. After a season with a Dutch "system" coach (Rijkaard - Ten Cate) who is trying to establish a 4-3-3, where little has been achieved because of lacklustre midfields (Sarp, Ayhan, Barış/Elano - Kats, Simao, Kara/Ninis), the board intervenes and sacks the managers, appointing club's former legends instantly (Hagi - Noplias). Despite Noplias having a better start, both coaches find it hard to turn things around as both boards make unimpressive moves in the transfer market (Govou, Luis Garcia etc. - Pino, Stancu, Zapata etc.). And as a result, both teams turn into total turmoils at the end of last season.

PAO need to re-start with the right coach. Get rid of the deadwood (Kara, Boumsong) and tell Nini and Leto that this is their team on the field, even givin them first and vice captaincy.

Otherwise, Olympiakos will find a way to win it again..  :(

There's one major difference between Galatasary and PAO, Galatasary is a rich club. You have a bad season and you bring in player like Elmander and Eboue! PAO has a bad season and we sell Cisse and bring in Toche! :LOL: I honestly think PAO is in serious trouble this season, i've been predicting this for over a year now and everyone was calling me paranoid, saying "be optimistic", and "you think Olympiakos are any better"? Er, simply put, yes much better. They are better individually, as a team, and financially. Even their atmosphere is 10x better than ours because of the ridiculous stadium we play in, which means they will have a season with real home advantage and we'll be essentially playing either away from home or at a neutral ground. PAOK are 1 striker away from winning the league in my opinion. I don't think they'll buy a top striker but they will still finish above us. We are a shambles and within a year or two we'll be completely finished.

@clover i agree with you.

@Omonia9 we're even weaker at home because the pitch is too big, we're too slow in midfield and unorganised at the back, so we're susceptible to the counter. How do you think Odense overturned us or Copenhagen last year? We are simply too susceptible to being hit on the counter. The only mid-level team in Greece that had the balls and personnel to play that way against us is Kavala (Onuwachi, Abdoun in particular) and look how much trouble they always cause us. The pitch is simply too big for our slow disorganised team and if a team has counter-attacking abilities we're too easy to beat at home

First off all hello.

Second it is weird the fact that the greek press green and red and other colours,have a short memory and dont remember that the same exact thing happened last year but Olympiakos was in the same shoes that Pao is right now so no need for all this big doom words and front page bs that i saw today..

Pao was unlucky on the game yesterday not to score in crucial moments of the game and unfortunatelly Maccabi was able to capitalize after their first goal in the second half and manage to score 2 more after that.

Many things are wrong with the club,no real president or board of directors willing to spend money,key players departing,a coach that still experiments a lot when he should not,some players now understanding who or where they play for,unhappy fans with the way that the Pao former "Big talk-Big wallet" presidents or wannabes are know distant from the club.

For me there are 2 ways to go from here.Either you keep the coach,you support the club and players and hope for a better future going low budget and with good scouting department that can capitalize on getting young talent,greek or international,on low prices or the classic greek way,sack the coach,bitch at the players and create an even bigger problem for the team.....i dont know....

Hey, welcome back buddy!

That's what I've been saying here. PAO had chances to beat both Odense and Macabi. Obviously there's something wrong if they can't do it, and they allow 8 goals in 3 games, but they create chances.

If PAO becomes competitive in the domestic league, most fans will forget this. Given the state of the team, I said it's best they can focus only on 1 target.

Archived