Phantis Forums

Anorthosis - Rabotnicki

Irlandos

Anorthosis Ammochostou will play against FYROM's Rabotnicki in the Europa League's 3rd qualifying round in about 20 minutes.

The FYROManoi have played against Cypriot opposition before and have come croppers each and every time :)

Let's hope the tradition continues! :)

This is very similar to the APOEL-Slovan game. Ano are dominating possession (67%) with the game being played almost exclusively in Rabotnicki's half. However the longer the half went on the more comfortable the Skopjians got and Anorthosis have started to get flustered. Anorthosis were playing plenty of high crosses from deep areas but are missing an aerial threat at the moment. Rabotnicki are content to play for the draw so it's a question of Ano needing to find a break through. Ano are really missing Cafu since his departure

I can't believe it. Anorthosis completely dominating possession but looking toothless, but Rabotnicki score with their first real effort on goal (they had another shot on goal from a tight angle that the keeper collected comfortably). Anorthosis have weakened so much since the departure of Ketsbaia

Aren't these the same naftproskopoi Omonia used to beat 5-1? :huh:

Can't remember that but in 10 meetings vs Skopjian opposition before tonight Cypriot teams had won 9 drawn 1! <_< This did happen to Anorthosis last season though and they got through. They lost 0-2 at home to an unknown team, i think they were Georgian, and won 0-3 away to qualify. Of course they had Cafu's goal threat last season but still let's hope for a repeat

About time Omonoia actually achieved something in Europe :whistle:

What Anorthosi did 3-4 years ago doesn't matter anymore. What happened yesterday in Larnaca is embarrassing anyway you slice it.

Anorthosis win 2-1 but that's not enough to see them through.

The corners were 8-3 for Ano and, I believe, Rabotnicki scored on their lone shot on goal.

Tough luck!

To add insult to injury, the stadium was called Filip II of Macedonia!

Irlande, nice work covering this match while I was doing the other. Better from Anorthosi this time around, and I agree the stadium name is beyond insulting.

Anorthosis win 2-1 but that's not enough to see them through.

The corners were 8-3 for Ano and, I believe, Rabotnicki scored on their lone shot on goal.

Tough luck!

To add insult to injury, the stadium was called Filip II of Macedonia!

Archived