Phantis Forums

Marinakis, Avraam accused!

Irlandos

BOMBA ESKASE SIMERA PAIDIA.

lets see what unfolds and how "deep" they are willing to take it..

This whole thing is a joke...

We all knew that this crap was going on not only in the SuperLeague but also in the 2nd div. and so on. We're talking about Greeks here and I truly believe that we need UEFA to step in there and clean this crap out even if we don't play soccer for a year or so...

Names don't matter at this point it's the idea of doing this crap.

Does this mean that justice will prevail and teams whose officials cheated, bribed, etc, will lose titles and demoted? :)

This is serious money robbery through betting. I read EPO's "justice" system was internal (own rules and decisions) and no much could be done, but if there was other legal violations then maybe something good will come out of this. I'm not holding my breath though.

It depends what sort of "cheating" went on. In the Aris-Man City game Mendrinos apparently attempted to fix which of the 2 teams takes kick off. It would be difficult to suggest that that sort of illegal gambling should lead to a club losing titles. Wheras if a team purposely loses for instance then titles should def be taken away

Intentionally cheating should be severely punished. Points taken away isn NOT enough. UEFA, for example, throws team out of competition.

What would prevent a team (let's say Oly) that is 10 points ahead to sell the game to a team for whatever reason? Oly can afford to have up to 9 points taken away. Meanwhile my struggling team is relegated because another team paid Oly (could be in player transfers) to lose a game and remain in div. 1.

Well, well...what we have known for years and years is now finally out. After the Koskotas and Salirelis affairs in the late 1980's which almost ended Olympiakos but were saved by the government of Papandreou. This time I am not so sure given the economic crisis that is gripping Greece.

If the allegations are true and 5 teams involved they should do what in Italy when Juventus were relegated. However I feel of the 5 teams only 4 will go being Kerkira, Volos, Kavala and Asteras Tripolis will take the fall with Olympiakos Piraeus being saved given their heritage. If Greece wants to be serious and if the allegations confirmed, all 5 teams should be relegated to the 3rd division with a -18 point start.

However this has not happened just this season. I remember in 2003 when I mentioned the game Panathinaikos v Olympiakos when referee Efthimiadis gave a penalty from nowhere in injury time to Olympiakos. The scored, game ended 1-1 and Olympiakos champs. This caused the Panathinaikos president to even come on the pitch and attack the ref. I remember the backlash from the Olympiakos supporters when I raised the issue that it was a case of crying over spilt milk.

Oh I am so glad someone has exposed this whole sorry story of Greek football. I imagine that even Sokratis Kokalis is not clean either. I believe games have been influenced since 1992 when the last issues with Olympiakos were being cleaned up.

If they are guilty, like Juventus, all titles should be withdrawn. Then if Olympiakos are relegated and more found guilty then lets see who are the people's champions then. Or were these Olympiakos supporters dellusional in supporting a team and management that are CHEATERS.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting indeed.

Euro2004,

If you want to be practical, why not seize the players of the 5 teams, auction them off and then apply the money towards our national deficit?

My way:

*Justice would be done :bangin:

*Younger Greek players would get a chance to play :gr:

*The jobs of 50-60 civil servants would be saved :tup:

*The IMF might be impressed enough with our ingenuity to give us another loan. :P

Euro2004,

If you want to be practical, why not seize the players of the 5 teams, auction them off and then apply the money towards our national deficit?

My way:

*The IMF might be impressed enough with our ingenuity to give us another loan. :P

:LOL: :LOL:

Problem is Greece owe billions, with players like Avraam up for sale Greece wouldn't even raise enough money to pay for the sandwiches that would be served to the IMF reps

Euro2004,

My way:

:LOL: :tup:

• 4 weeks later...

Among those accused in the football scandal for bribery and fixed games are three names well-known to Olympiakos supporters: Pres. E. Marinakis, Avraam Papadopoulos and ex-OSFP player Kostas Mendrinos:

From SportAction.gr (in Greek)

I'm not too sure whats going on with the Marinakis situation, but with Avraam however, who knows if he has been on the take considering some of his woeful performances?!?! I often wondered that he couldn't be that awful!

Remember that own goal he conceded against Luxembourg at OAKA? He is seriously uncoordinated or he something more sinister went on.

Anyway Mendrinos' got his punishment with ARIS rescinding his contract for really what amounte dto nothing as he never followed through with fixing the kick-off against Man City.

Archived