Phantis Forums

Home2US HD Receiver Discussion

I am testing the new receiver and the Quad LNBF for Home2us / Greek tv America package on SES 101.W

The receiver is HIGH DEFINITION with Irdeto Embedded for the smart card.

Fully Compliant MPEG-4 DVB-S/S2

S/PDIF for Dolby Digital Audio Output

Various Video Display Format With 720p/1080i Support

Video Aspect with 4.3, Letter Box, Full Screen and 16.9 Support

Electronic Program Guide.

Nice Remote.

1, HDMI

1, Composite Video out

1, Audio and Video out

1, USB

1, LNB in

1.LNB out

The LNB is a Quad with 4 Outputs 2 for the Home2us receiver and 2 for the Directv receiver.

DKSat

This is great news DKSat. I should be getting mine today or tomorrow

All this time I was under the impression that the receiver (according to home2us website) was the Digital Satellite Receiver HOME2US 8800 IR

I am looking forward to setting it up.

Wow that sounds great! I am also expecting my receiver any day now....I was told by GMG that they were running slightly behind on deliveries. Glad to know it is an updated model and not the older ones on the Home2us site. I guess they never updated their site. They have a press release from last year saying they are moving to MPEG-4, but those older receivers they have manuals for are MPEG-2. :P

I am testing the new receiver and the Quad LNBF for Home2us / Greek tv America package on SES 101.W

The receiver is HIGH DEFINITION with Irdeto Embedded for the smart card.

DKSat what's the brand name of the receiver?

I have being tasting the receiver now for 4 days it work fine very good Video through the Audio and Video cables and super good Video through the HDMI.

The menu i very nice and easy to go through very fast channel changing , The Invacom Quad LNBF works fine on both platforms Home2us and Directv i had both receiver working at the same time strong signal on both satellites.

The receive is TV PLUS SAT-8000HD.

The LNBF is INVACOM Quad 4Q/P

DKSat

The receiver is TV PLUS SAT-8000HD.

DKSat

TV PLUS SAT-8000HD google search does not return any relevant results.

Do you happen to have a website link I can look into for information of the receiver.

Thanks

The receiver is TV PLUS SAT-8000HD.

DKSat

TV PLUS SAT-8000HD google search does not return any relevant results.

Do you happen to have a website link I can look into for information of the receiver.

Thanks

I am guessing it is most likely a home2us/ewn exclusive receiver. I don't think their other older receivers show up on Google either.

Thanks for sharing the pics! The receiver is smaller than I expected, which is a good thing. ;) I just wish it had an RF output. Sure it is an old connection type, but it is needed in some cases.

LOL those boxes have the same logo as the Australian company TV PLUS www.tvplus.tv which sells Balkan channels here....

That's funny. Maybe they are related somehow, because when I Google "Kristal Sat" some Australian company comes up as well. LOL http://www.kristal.com.au/

They must be sending surplus stock to you guys :)

As for RF out if you got an old VCR you can use that for RF out I have done this in my home and distribute the signal to all TV's in the house only thing is you have to watch the same channel on all TV's even installed remote extenders so I can change channels from where ever I am in the house :)

Thanks for the suggestion Kolossos. I guess I will have to do something like that. I have a little fold down TV in the kitchen that is hooked up via RF and does not warrant it's own box. I'll have to look into remote extenders too, never heard of them until now. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion Kolossos. I guess I will have to do something like that. I have a little fold down TV in the kitchen that is hooked up via RF and does not warrant it's own box. I'll have to look into remote extenders too, never heard of them until now.  ;)

I don't know either about remote extenders.

Another way to connect to multiple TVs is to use and RF modulator. You connect the RCA out to modulator which has an RF out. You can also use a splitter to connect to more than one TV. I had this configuration with the DIRECTV receiver.

Thanks for the suggestion Kolossos. I guess I will have to do something like that. I have a little fold down TV in the kitchen that is hooked up via RF and does not warrant it's own box. I'll have to look into remote extenders too, never heard of them until now. ;)

These are similar to the ones I use http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...er&form=KEYWORD

Not sure where you would find them in the US maybe RadioShack?

Just an update, I got my boxes today as well, the same kind DKSat posted. They are Euro-World Network boxes, not Home2us boxes. At system start up, their logo is displayed. Seems like a decent box, it comes with HDMI and USB wires. It looks like these receivers are in fact originally from Australia, since the picture displayed in the manual under "Antenna settings" shows "Intelsat 8 Ku" chosen. ;)

The only real problem I have so far is that a small portion of the top of the channel/picture is being cut off for some reason. The installer said it must be a satellite issue or something, maybe an update coming to fix it soon though he doesn't know. He said he installed some yesterday and it did not have that issue, but the same installer is installing a box for someone I know today as well (coincidental) so he will call me after to let me know if they have the same issue or not.

Regarding the USB input, the manual says "USB2.0 connector for software upgrade & PVR function by external HDD". Not sure if/how the PVR function works though, the manual does not go into any detail about that. There are options to set to tune to certain channels or programs though. The EPG currently does not display any info though. (I assume it will soon) Also one last thing, I did not get my smart cards. The installer said the company will be sending them out. Right now I am viewing Mega Cosmos FTA basically.

I am still waiting for the receiver. Since the 4th of the month! I have spoken to two Croatians and two Greeks. None of them has given me a good enough reason as to what

Grk101,

The picture on my receiver is normal on Mega there is no cut off on top.

Try checking the settings on the receiver.

1, Menu 2

2, User Setting

3, A/V Output

4, Screen Mode

These are my receiver settings .

Screen Mode 16:9

TV Aspect Radio Ignore

TV Type NTSC

Audio Mode PCM

Audio Delay No Delay

If the settings are the same as mine then there is no way that's a Satellite issue it is a receiver issue.

Or try and go to Tools and do a System Reset.

DKSat

Thanks DKSat. My settings are like what you have posted, but I have also tried to play around with the settings in the receiver menus and on my TVs to no avail. I haven't tried to do a system reset yet. Would that just take everything back to the set up screen?

Posted Image

I just cannot catch a break.

They were kind enough to send it UPS NEXT DAY AIR - my multiple phone calls must have contribute it to that - but it seems I have to wait until Monday because of severe weather in KY.

Just an update for those who might still have older sets: I finally called them up today about the issue I was having with the picture being slightly cut off at the top of the screen on my older tube TV. Turns out they were aware of the issue, and the tech. guided me through a USB firmware upgrade that corrected it. All is fine now. :)

Archived