Phantis Forums

Refereeing in the EPL

We laugh about the refeering in Greece, but Man Utd get such breaks.

Man Utd have had endless decisions this season.

Rooney with a disgusting elbow off the ball that he got away with, i think it was against Wigan, then he didn't get a 3 match ban after it was analysed by the FA.

Then against West Ham they were 2-0 down and Vidic got away with only a booking when he should have been sent off with a straight red card after bringing down Carlton Cole when he was the last defender. That was in the first half, then in the 2nd half getting away without being booked after a ridiculous challenge.

Then today Arsenal beating Liverpool 1-0 with the expected stoppage time being 8 mins after a long injury to Carra, but Liverpool equalising in the 12th minute of injury time from the penalty spot after a very soft penalty. Lucas was running away from goal, Eboue behind him. Lucas stopped his run, Eboue bumped into him barely with enough force to knock him over and Lucas goes down. The rule for a penalty is not that one player touches another in the box, it's whether he impedes him with enough force to foul him. The bigger issue here though is that there were 12 mins added on! 12!

And there are countless other examples of injury time being extended until Utd score or things go their way. They really are a disgraceful club. I'm an Arsenal fan that hates Man Utd more than Tottenham, that tells you all you need to know

We laugh about the refeering in Greece, but Man Utd get such breaks.

Man Utd have had endless decisions this season.

Rooney with a disgusting elbow off the ball that he got away with, i think it was against Wigan, then he didn't get a 3 match ban after it was analysed by the FA.

Then against West Ham they were 2-0 down and Vidic got away with only a booking when he should have been sent off with a straight red card after bringing down Carlton Cole when he was the last defender. That was in the first half, then in the 2nd half getting away without being booked after a ridiculous challenge.

Then today Arsenal beating Liverpool 1-0 with the expected stoppage time being 8 mins after a long injury to Carra, but Liverpool equalising in the 12th minute of injury time from the penalty spot after a very soft penalty. Lucas was running away from goal, Eboue behind him. Lucas stopped his run, Eboue bumped into him barely with enough force to knock him over and Lucas goes down. The rule for a penalty is not that one player touches another in the box, it's whether he impedes him with enough force to foul him. The bigger issue here though is that there were 12 mins added on! 12!

And there are countless other examples of injury time being extended until Utd score or things go their way. They really are a disgraceful club. I'm an Arsenal fan that hates Man Utd more than Tottenham, that tells you all you need to know

:nw: :nw:

its been goingon for years, i remember what roy keane used to get away with how they won the league with a 91st minute equaliser and a 97th minute winner vs sheffield wednesday and ferguson still moans about refereeing and constantly puts pressure on refs - which happens to work - benitez said they man mark the referee at old trafford at half time, its why i no longer bother watching premier league football.

i'd run out of space if i listed all the countless decisions that go their way, remember pedro mendez' goal for spurs

Sheffield Wednesday! That's who it was against! I was telling a friend yesterday about that but said QPR. I got colour of the shirts right, but they were stripes not hoops :D

That Mendes goal was a disgrace. Probably the worse decision i've ever seen in football!

No, please DO give examples. Despite the fact that I live in London 50% of football fans i know support Man Utd <_< They are actually trying to make the argument that "it all evens itself out". No it doesn't! They are a disgrace.

This season alone i can think of:

- Rooney getting away with that elbow

- Vidic getting away with not being sent off vs West Ham

- Liverpool scoring in +12mins off added time vs Arsenal.

Can you think of any more? I know there have been loads but nowadays they are so frequent that it's too much to remember!

dodgy penalty at blackpool at 0-2 down

west brom not awarded a pen when ahead after a proffessional foul by neville, gerrard sent off in the cup at old trafford, penalty awarded after berbatov dived in the same game. its virtually every game.

do you remember when they broke arsenals unbeaten run at old trafford, that was the most one sided blatant disgraceful refereeing(as bad as when south korea beat spain in the world cup 2002), united got away with murder, also the FA cup semi final between arsenal and united when they kicked reyes to pieces and got away with it.

one wonders how many points a season they gain through referees alone, but like i said i'm sick of the premier league as its gone on for too long now, i follow liverpool if soto is playing and everton if vellios is playing but i don't watch other games anymore in the premier league.

Blackpool should have had a penalty when Rafael took out Varney but i dont remember Man Utd scoring a dodgy penalty.

Yeah I remember them against our "invincibles" team. Disgraceful refeering display.

one wonders how many points a season they gain through referees alone

This is exactly what i'm trying to work out this season so thanks for the examples.

So far i think it's fair to say that at 2-0 down at Upton Park and down to 10 men it's fair to say they'd have lost, because West Ham were on top at the time. So 0 points instead of 3.

Blackpool 3-0 up if they were given that pen. They'd have got at least a draw, so 1 point instead of 3.

Arsenal would have won at home to Liverpool if it wasn't for those 12 mins, so that's +3 to Arsenal.

If West Brom had had that pen when winning (although i dont remember this) they'd have probably got a draw. So 1 point instead of 3.

No knowing how many points Rooney's absence would have cost them but they weren't winning when Rooney should have been sent off. Just to show that i'm trying not to be bias though I won't deduct any points from them for this.

So in total Man Utd would now be 10 points worse off now then they are now. So they'd be 4 points behind Arsenal now and would still have to come to the Emirates. Any other examples you can think of from this season?

Archived