Phantis Forums

Ellas TV

The included channels from greece are Kanali Voulis, ET1, NET, ET3, Mega, Ant, Star, Alter, Alpha, Macedonia TV, Skai,, MAD, History Channel, Cartoon Network, Disney XD, Boomerang, Novasport1, Novasport2, Nova cinema, Novasport3, MEga Cosmos, Alter globe. There are some channels that are being added soon Ellas Cinema, Ellas Kids premium, Ellas sport HD, whih I think is the nova HD channel, RIk Sat, Tv peloponissos, ERT world. Additional has all the greek radio channel that you can listen through your Tv.

Thanks for a review. I love how they claimed no Nova channels earlier in the thread, even though I had also seen them in their channel listing before. :LOL: It seems to me they are just re-broadcasting channels off the Nova platform, possibly rigged up using a slingbox or something like it was suggested earlier. Interesting that they advertise the satellite versions of the channels too, but you are only getting the versions directly from Greece. I think the only legitimate channel they have rights to carry is RIK Sat, and I am really wondering how they pulled that one off. I would really like to be proved wrong though.

By the way, out of curiosity do you happen to know how much bandwidth you are using up on average with the service?

I just checked http://www.ellastv.gr/ and their website is down. I must say, not a very promising beginning for an IPTV provider!

First Ellastv.com, and now Ellastv.gr.

Ellastv.us, Ellastv.ca, and Ellastv.tv seem to still be working though.

Edited by Grk101

I'm not sure if Nextv is even legit anyway

They are a legit company but their customer service leaves something to be desired. NEXTV is owned by Ethnic Channels Group, an ethnic broadcaster here in Canada. They currently operate over 10 Canadian ethnic services, which are available via cable and satellite. When I had NEXTV I signed up for the service at their offices in Toronto and picked up the receiver as well.

It seems to me they are just re-broadcasting channels off the Nova platform, possibly rigged up using a slingbox or something like it was suggested earlier.

That was my first thought when I read the channels list. This looks like Nova TV North America not Ellas TV?! :huh:

There is no way they would be allowed to air History Channel, Cartoon Network or Disney XD (to name a few) here in North America, especially since some of those channels like Disney XD are localized for the Greek market.

Also, I see none of these channels listed on the website, only the international channels are listed?! So they are advertising channels that are not currently available and not advertising the channels that are currently being received by customers?!

I just checked http://www.ellastv.gr/ and their website is down. I must say, not a very promising beginning for an IPTV provider!

Its working fine for me as are the others except for ellastv.com. Interesting, ellastv.us is not the same as the others, it seems to be some sort of login portal?!

I also appreciate the review and it does look like slingbox from Greece. Going to stick with dishnetwork. It may not give the most bang for your buck, but at least I know its a major corporation and not someone running the operation out of an apartment in Athens.

greek101

you must be a misearble individual hasn't got far in life from my understanding thats all you do is bash every comment when it comes to greek tv .... so you can do whatever you please.....

As far as Ellas TV it is up, it is not down .....

And dont be surprised when ellas tv does have more Greek channels, Oh and by the way, were getting local programming too, and HBO CINEMAX, ETC......

So jump on the wagon now ......

As for everyone else reading these comments, sorry for the rude comments that greek 101 has been saying ....

Again we stand next to our product ....

And are there for you

" The customer "

Ellas TV

Customer Relations

greek101

you must be a misearble individual hasn't got far in life from my understanding thats all you do is bash every comment when it comes to greek tv .... so you can do whatever you please.....

As far as Ellas TV it is up, it is not down .....

And dont be surprised when ellas tv does have more Greek channels, Oh and by the way, were getting local programming too, and HBO CINEMAX, ETC......

So jump on the wagon now ......

As for everyone else reading these comments, sorry for the rude comments that greek 101 has been saying ....

Again we stand next to our product ....

And are there for you

" The customer "

Ellas TV

Customer Relations

You may be able to get all these channels and stream them to everyone etc...

But do you actually have legal agreements/contracts with all these channels for IPTV distribution etc?

I think that what everyone wants to know....

Edited by Kolossos

What rude comments exactly? You came onto the forum pitching the service, and people have questions. You claim you stand by your product, but instead of giving answers you are giving excuses and calling me rude and miserable. Wow, great customer service there, who is the rude one now? I am not even the only one that has doubts and questions. Like I said I really hope your service is what you claim it to be, but you are not helping your case by not answering simple questions raised by multiple members.

You may be able to get all these channels and stream them to everyone etc...

But do you actually have legal agreements/contracts with all these channels for IPTV distribution etc?

I think that what everyone wants to know....

Well said.

Edited by Grk101

Ellas TV has U.S. & Canadian Rights to broadcast these channels, please don't doubt our services, we are trying our best, and for your information we are only getting more contracts, we just got MAD world, as of yesterday, Ellas TV does not want to be categorized as a non legit IPTV platform.

I apologize Grk101 for blowing up, but in consideration of all the areas that need to be covered in this broadcasting world we live in, its stressful & costs alot of money ....

Alot of Greeks have been burned with many platforms, now the big thing is Zaap TV, this is a non legit platform selling on the market for $400, with no monthly costs, his philosophy is rob all the Greeks, make money and shut down the service .....

I see how Greek TV can get stressful & not believing.

We will try our best to maintain our services as long as the broacasters are in business.

Thank you

Customer Support

Ellas,

Why not offer a deal for this forum? Offer free boxes to 20-30 people on this forum but obviously charge the monthly fee and if they like it, they will post positive reviews and will continue to subscribe and you'll get a lot of word of mouth customers. Plus you'll have 30 paying customers. If they don't like it, have them return the box back. People have been burned by various greek iptv offers through the years and are very cautious and skeptical.

I understand but right now with the crisis of Directv and fullfilling there customers, were never have enough boxes for people that do pay for the device, maybe later in the year ....

Ellas TV

Customer Service

greek101 you must be a misearble individual hasn't got far in life from my understanding thats all you do is bash every comment when it comes to greek tv

:huh?:

I'm speechless!!!! And you're trying to sell people here what? Is this a pre-taste to EllasTV customer service?

What rude comments exactly? You came onto the forum pitching the service, and people have questions. You claim you stand by your product, but instead of giving answers you are giving excuses and calling me rude and miserable. Wow, great customer service there, who is the rude one now? I am not even the only one that has doubts and questions.

Well put Grk101.

First, a reminder that Personal attacks are NOT allowed on this forum- Ellastv I suggest you read through the rules before posting anything further: http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?act=SR&f=5

Second, your hostility is not helping your position, it just makes things worse for you and your company. We have a right to be skeptical and a right to ask legitimate questions (which is what they are), if you don't like it then you are in the wrong business my friend. If people are going to fork over all this money to sign up for your service they have a right to know what exactly they are getting into and what you offer.

Ellas TV has U.S. & Canadian Rights to broadcast these channels

I highly doubt that you have secured an agreement with Nova Sports, History Chanel, Cartoon Network & Disney XD. Perhaps a phone call to these broadcasters is in order to verify that they have actually signed an agreement with your company?! More than likely I don't think they will even know what Ellas TV is!?

If you have the rights to broadcast these channels then why are they not listed on your website?? You have yet to post a list of the channels that your service offers, that in and of itself makes people skeptical. The list posted by ttentelh differs from the channels depicted on your site- what are the correct channels?!

Edited by HellasHab

Offer free boxes to 20-30 people on this forum

Your joking right?!

They don't even offer customers the option of renting a receiver, you think they are going to give them away for free?! At least with the rental, they are still collecting a monthly fee, what do they gain by giving them away?!

Remember this statement:

"please spread the word out Mega Cosmos & Alter Globe are just making changes to a more reliable platform & economical choices for the customer" ?

Guess what? I spoke to someone from Mega Cosmos today and they told me they have nothing to do with Ellas TV, and that they will in fact announce their plans early next week. So maybe Ellas TV does not want to be called non-legit, but they sure make false advertising.

Remember this statement:

"please spread the word out Mega Cosmos & Alter Globe are just making changes to a more reliable platform & economical choices for the customer" ?

Guess what? I spoke to someone from Mega Cosmos today and they told me they have nothing to do with Ellas TV, and that they will in fact announce their plans early next week. So maybe Ellas TV does not want to be called non-legit, but they sure make false advertising.

Very interesting.... so there is one channel already confirming that they are not with Ellas TV hhhhmmmm B)

Peace, brothers, peace.

The Ellastv guys are fully legit, they have signed an agreement with Nova.

The signatory on behalf of Ellastv is Mr. PATEL-opoulidis.

He saw Greece from an Indian satellite and decided that is the new paradise to invest in broadcasting.

So, here are my three dimes

1. Mr. PATEL-opoulidis of Ellastv: could you please post a picture of yours while signing with NOVA? Even better, could you please post a copy of the Proof of Rights Nova issued to you?

2. Mr. Themistokleous of RIK: you seem to pick all the right distributors all the time. Congratulations for your new Bahamas bank account.

3. Mr. PATEL-opoulidis of Ellas TV: the director of the Electronic crimes division of the Greek Police, Manolis Sfakianakis, is extending an open invitation to you to visit him at this office so he can serve you Turkish coffee and show you some real Turkish (Ottoman, in reality) hospitality. He wanted to visit your office at Roussou 465 and Mesogeion, but you know what: this address does not exist in Athens.

I think the thread should be renamed "Ellastv crooks".

PS: there is a certain style in writing Indian English, which is quite distinctive: "sir please do not doubt our service" .

Any one who had an Indian roommate or friend in school will verify.

wow very cruel,

amazing that were supposed to be united as Greeks, and stick togather, were still out to get each other and talk bad about everyone & anything ...... Giafto den pame pote pouthena .....

As far as Likos calling Mega Cosmos, it is unlikely thats the information they told you .....

Because anyone calling Mega Cosmos, the customer is forwarded to us for a potential sale, there is no other choice ....

But Ellas TV, cannot change the way you think ....

Nothing more to say ...

Ehoume oli halia ....

Ellas TV

Customer Relations

Our product is available ....

I dont understand why are you guys fighting. There is no reason to do so. I understand some of you claim that Ellastv is not legit and from the past I can understand the reason because many others tried to sell us products that was garbage. As a consumer that currently has Ellastv service you are pushing me to defend them because what you are all saying it is not correct. If anyone of you has questions on the system can call me if you like to and ask me any questions you have about their system. So far am getting everything I have been promised and actually the box has more features that is not advertized online, such as internet access and some more like picasa, youtube and other media. My question to you is how can you bad mouth something you have not seen it in action. Someone asked me about bandwidth, what I have to say is that at home I have dsl from verizon with 1.5 mbps and works fine without buffering. At the same time am online on my laptop and I have no problem at all. I will be happy to answer more questions or if you want i can provide my cell phone to call me and talk with anyone interested. Thank you

I don't think anyone is really questioning their technical capabilities, but rather the legal aspect of the operation and their claims and actions relating to it.

Regarding the bandwidth question, I was referring to the amount being used. Many ISPs cap monthly bandwidth allowance. (Meaning they only let you use a certain amount per month, sort of like a cell phone internet plan.) There might be a tool in your internet account settings to track this, I know my ISP provides it. But you mention you are on Verizon, and if I recall Verizon does not currently cap customers. (Yet at least)

Edited by Grk101

If anyone of you has questions on the system can call me if you like to and ask me any questions you have about their system.

ttentelh,

No disrespect but people should not have to contact you to find out about this service, the owners of the service should be the ones answering questions NOT a customer. The reason everyone is riled up is because this person comes on here trying to peddle their wares and has thus far refused to answer our questions truthfully AND on top of that has insulted a member. If they want to promote their product that is fine but they are going about it all the wrong way- not much professionalism at Ellas TV from the looks of it. This person is behaving the way someone who has something to hide would behave- avoiding certain questions, not answering truthfully and exhibiting very hostile behavior for no reason- no one provoked him/her or insulted them, they just asked some questions.

Bottom line, Ellas TV came to us here, we did not go to them so they should respect the board and its members. In life, people treat you the way you treat them- show respect and you will receive respect in return.

In the review it was mentioned that they carry "Ant". I assume Ant1 was meant to be written, because I can not find any channel called "Ant". Well my correspondence with Ant1 has revealed the following:

"In response to your question, the iptv service you are providing us with is neither affiliated or recognized by Antenna TV."

Edited by Grk101

In the review it was mentioned that they carry "Ant". I assume Ant1 was meant to be written, because I can not find any channel called "Ant". Well my correspondence with Ant1 has revealed the following:

"In response to your question, the iptv service you are providing us with is neither affiliated or recognized by Antenna TV."

hhhhmmmm

So now Ant1 and MEGA have confirmed no association with Ellas TV.....