Phantis Forums

Ellas TV

They just added about 9 channels this week, mostly local channels in Athens.  So far so good.  It definitely destroys Dishnetwork. I'm paying close to the same price for a lot more channels.

How is the quality, has it been kept up to par with the new additions?

Edited by Grk101

You know, I still haven't been contacted by them... Quite ridiculous. Oh well, they may have lost a few potential customers!

:tdown:

I'm not sure what their status is in Canada, it appears their Canadian main site is down. I would suggest contacting them http://www.ellastvcanada.com/contact-us/  On their US site, it appears you can order just the sports package.

Ok so who has been having problems with the following channels? Haven't been working for over 3 weeks now!

Disney XD

Mad greekZ

E! Entertainment

Nova cinema 4

Vh1 Europe

Balkania music

Eurosport 1

Eurosport 2

Nova sports highlight

Ant1 Europe

OTE cinema 2

OTE cinema 3

Extra 3 thessaloniki

Ellada TV

Other then that every other channel is ok!! Great picture and great sound.

Hi.

I am following this topic and i am totally confused.

I live in U.S.A. and i have a few questions:

1.In  greekchicago.com i can not see all these channels that you guys are posting all the time.So is there somewhere an OFFICIAL list  of  all these channels or not?

By the way,this web site (greekchicago.com) doesn't look professional at all.I am trying to click on each package to see what is included but it is taking me back to the home page.

2.How long does it take to receive the equipment? I can ask them but i prefer to get an answer from someone who ordered from them

3.I still don't understand if ELLASTV has the permission to broadcast all these channels.Is there a clear answer?Yes or no?And where can we find this information?

I don't want to subscribe and later on find out that they will cancel nova sport or otetv like they recently did in MYTV

4.Is it month to month or annual subscription?

5.Can you return your equipment and get a refund and if yes,how many days do you have to do that?

6.I am interested subscribing for the whole package but what about  soccer and sports?

Is there a way to watch prerecorded games like they were doing in mytv?

I am working during the day, so it only works for me if i can watch the games later on ,at the time that is convenient for me.

7.I am planning to use the service at home (wi-fi) but because of my job i have to travel more than two weeks every month.Is there any way  that i can leave the device at home for my family and i can still be able to watch online games and other stuff?

8.Can i use this service while i am in Greece?

9. How the Web Tv (Internet based) works?

I am sorry guys asking you so many things.I hope that someone will be able to give me a few answers so i will see if it is worth it to try the service or not.It really concerns me that their web site doesn't look 100% professional and it is not informative at all.

Thanks again

Edited by lifeinaday

1.  The only complete list is on this board.  

2.  Depends how close you live to Chicago.  I would say 2-5 days.

3.  No clue.  I know they seem to have permission for Mega and I noticed a local channel in Athens had their site on their homepage.

4.  Month to Month

5.  I'm not sure about that.  I would ask them on the phone.

6.  I don't think you can record because it doesn't come with a hard drive.  They have ondemand stuff but not sure if they have soccer too.  

7. They have an ipad app you can use.  Its $15 to buy the app but there is no monthly charge.  It works well but wasn't too excited about paying for the app.

8. Yes, as long as you have internet.

9. The Ipad works well.  Not sure about the other online options.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone-  It has been a while since the last time i posted something.

Here is the new channel list for all customers that have the premium package.  Additonal channels will be added till end of week September 9th.

Exisitng customers need to reboot their device for the channels below to be available

GREECE GENERAL

• MEGA COSMOS
  • MEGA
  • MEGA DELAYED
  • MEGA (BACK UP)
  • MEGA DELAYED (BACK UP)
  • ANT1 EUROPE
  • ANT1
  • ANT1 DELAYED
  • ANT1 (BACK UP)
  • ANT1 DELAYED (BACK UP)
  • STAR INTERNATIONAL
  • STAR
  • STAR DELAYED
  • STAR (BACK UP)
  • START DELAYED (BACK UP)
  • SKAI
  • SKAI DELAYED
  • SKAI (BACK UP)
  • SKAI DELAYED (BACK UP)
  • ALPHA SAT
  • ALPHA
  • ALPHA DELAYED
  • ALPHA (BACK UP)
  • ALPHA DELAYED (BACK UP)
  • VOULI
  • DIMOSIA TILEORASI

LOCAL ATHENS

• 902 TV
  • ATTICA TV
  • EXTRA
  • HIGH TV
  • SUNNY CHANNEL
  • ZOOM
  • KONTRA CHANNEL
  • BLUE SKY
  • ART
  • CHANNEL 9

CYPRUS GENERAL

• MEGA
  • ANT1
  • SIGMA TV
  • RIK SAT
  • TV PLUS
  • CAPITAL TV
  • EXTRA 3

SPORTS

• NOVA SPORTS 1
  • NOVA SPORTS 1 HD
  • NOVA SPORTS 1 DELAYED
  • NOVA SPORTS 2
  • NOVA SPORTS 2 HD
  • NOVA SPORTS 2 DELAYED
  • NOVA SPORTS 3
  • NOVA SPORTS 4
  • OTE SPORT 1 HD
  • OTE SPORT 2 HD
  • OTE SPORT 3 HD
  • OTE SPORT 4
  • EURO SPORT
  • EURO SPORT 2
  • NOVA SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS
  • ACTION 24
  • SPORT TV
  • MOTORS TV

MOVIES

• ELLAS MOVIES
  • ELLAS MOVIES CLASSICS
  • NOVA CINEMA 1 HD
  • NOVA CINEMA 2
  • NOVA CINEMA 3
  • NOVA CINEMA 4
  • OTE CINEMA 1 HD
  • OTE CINEMA 2
  • OTE CINEMA 3
  • FOX GREECE
  • FOX LIFE
  • VILLAGE CINEMA HD
  • SUNDANCE HD

MUSIC

• KIMA FM LIVE
  • RYTHMOS 94.9
  • MTV GREECE
  • MAD GREECE
  • MAD CYPRUS
  • MAD GREEKZ
  • MAD HITS
  • VH1 EUROPE
  • MUSIC TV
  • BALKANIA MUSIC
  • ELLAS DIMOTIKA
  • ELLAS SUPERSTARZ

LOCAL THESSALONIKI

• EXTRA 3
  • EGNATIA
  • MAKEDONIA
  • VERGINA
  • 4E
  • TV 100
  • GNOMI
  • DION
  • TV THESSALONIKI
  • EUROPE ONE
  • EURO CHANNEL
  • TIME CHANNEL

LOCAL GREECE

• KRITI TV
  • EPIRUS TV-IOANNINA
  • STAR-LAMIA
  • DIKTYO TILEORASI-KASTORIA
  • DELTA TV-ALEKSANDROUPOLI
  • ELLADA TV-SPARTI
  • PELLA TV-KILKIS
  • ENA CHANNEL-KAVALA
  • TILEORASI KISSAMOS

KIDS

• NICKELODEON HD
  • ELLAS KIDS
  • DISNEY CHANNEL
  • DISNEY XD
  • NICKELODEON
  • BOOMERANG
  • SMILE
  • KIDS CO

NEWS/DOCUMENTARY

• DEUTSCHE WELLE
  • DISCOVERY CHANNEL
  • HISTORY CHANNEL
  • ANIMAL PLANET
  • TLC
  • TRAVEL CHANNEL
  • E! ENTERTAINMENT
Edited by trikalinos1

Hi guys. I live in Melbourne-Australia and I've been with ELLAS TV for almost 8 months. I don't understand why they focus on adding more channels rather than focus on improving the major channels: Mega Cosmos, Mega, Star International, Star, Alpha, Skai. The picture quality of those channels is very disappointing. The new channels they added have a good pic quality and they also improved the quality of all the OTE channels. So can someone explain to me why they care more about these channels rather than care about the Major Greek channels? It doesn't make sense. The majority of Greek people is interested in the major Greek channels and this is why they go with their service. They good think is that the channels don't freeze like they used to before. I hope this won't change. My friend has TV PLUS (direct satellite tv provider) and the pic quality of all the channels is AMAZING. It is what we call digital image. It's better than the HD ones of Ellas TV's which by the way are not HD. They are only for those who live in Greece and they receive them over the satellite. Also the moves are much more natural than Ellas's which sometimes are really frustrating especially when I watch soccer. I think that the technology is not ready yet for this kind of broadcasting. In some countries maybe it is. But those countries have much faster internet and the broadcasters have built a very good infrastructure, unlike Ellas tv, to support their service. It will probably take 5 years before some of the broadcasters start to move from satellite to internet. Until then satellite is the best choice. I'll give them 2 more months to fix all the major channels, if they don't then i'll move to Tv plus.

By the way, Trikalinos1 what does the back up of the channels show? Do you have Alpha Sat in North America?

Hi guys. I live in Melbourne-Australia and I've been with ELLAS TV for almost 8 months. I don't understand why they focus on adding more channels rather than focus on improving the major channels: Mega Cosmos, Mega, Star International, Star, Alpha, Skai. The picture quality of those channels is very disappointing. The new channels they added have a good pic quality and they also improved the quality of all the OTE channels. So can someone explain to me why they care more about these channels rather than care about the Major Greek channels? It doesn't make sense. The majority of Greek people is interested in the major Greek channels and this is why they go with their service. They good think is that the channels don't freeze like they used to before. I hope this won't change. My friend has TV PLUS (direct satellite tv provider) and the pic quality of all the channels is AMAZING. It is what we call digital image. It's better than the HD ones of Ellas TV's which by the way are not HD. They are only for those who live in Greece and they receive them over the satellite. Also the moves are much more natural than Ellas's which sometimes are really frustrating especially when I watch soccer. I think that the technology is not ready yet for this kind of broadcasting. In some countries maybe it is. But those countries have much faster internet and the broadcasters have built a very good infrastructure, unlike Ellas tv, to support their service. It will probably take 5 years before some of the broadcasters start to move from satellite to internet. Until then satellite is the best choice. I'll give them 2 more months to fix all the major channels, if they don't then i'll move to Tv plus.

By the way, Trikalinos1 what does the back up of the channels show? Do you have Alpha Sat in North America?

Hi Himaros

I hope all is well down under:)

I have been an Ellas TV customer for the last 7 months and i do agree that during these months pic quality for some of the channels has gone down and for some others has gotten better. Mega Cosmos and Star International used to have way better picture quality but it seems that whatever changes they made to the transmitter or the encoder resulted to losing the pic quality these channels used to have.

All the new channels have great quality compared to the older ones. All the HD, the OTE channels, the new documentary channels and some of the local channels have great pic quality compared to the older ones like Ant1, Mega, Star,etc. Even Vouli and EDT have better quality than the major Greek channels. Like I mentioned before it may have to do with new encoders or transmitter or whatever they use to pass the pic from Greece to USA or Australia.

I think they are going to be making some additional changes to the nova channels similar to the changes they made for the OTE channels.

The back up channels show better pic quality from the non back up ones. For example the Ant1 back has better quality than the on back up Ant1.

Alpha Sat not here yet but they are planning on adding it soon.

Overall I am happy to have a platform that shows all the major greek channels including all sports channels that currently broadcast in Greece. The satellite providers here are expensive and for the cost of $40 per month you can only see 3-4 channels.

Are all those channels working.  I know Alpha Sat, Sparti, some of those thessaloniki channels have been either coming soon or down since June.  I haven't rebooted my box yet but will today to find out.

No yet. If you reboot you are going to see the new documentary channels plus better quality regarding ote cinema and sports channels. You may want to upgrade the firmware to the newest version so you can record shows by using a USB stick or external hard drive

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You may want to use an Ethernet cable cat 5e or cat 6 when you connect the box to a rooter directly. The one that comes with the set top box is cat 5 and these types of Ethernet cables have less performance. Also you may want to buy a good mini HDMI cable instead of using the one included with the set top box.

Just by following the above I saw improvement to image quality especially on the HD channels and only after changing the image settings of the set top box to 1080i

• 4 weeks later...

Alpha Sat on Ellas Tv as well. So for $40 someone can watch the below channels compared to $40 plus someone spends to watch only 3 major greek networks with Dish. So $10 per channel on dish vs $1 plus couple quarters per channel on ellas tv.

Mega

Mega cosmos

Mega Delayed

Ant1

Ant1 Europe

Ant1 Delayed

Skai

Skai Delayed

Star

Star International

Star Delayed

Alpha

Alpha Sat

Alpha Delayed

DT

Vouli

Makedonia TV

Kontra TV

4E

Art

Attica

Star Kentrikis

Kriti TV

Epirus TV

Extra 3

Epsilon

TV 100

Blue Sky

Zoom

Edited by trikalinos1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone !

I live in France and i can not  find a way to watch the matches of the Super League .

So, i have two questions , may  be you could help me .

1. Is Ellas TV works in France ?

2. Are that there's a "pack" that contains NovaSports ?

Thank you for your answers , and sorry for my bad English !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree with your comments about arena sports but only couple games are broadcasted. Last weekend they broadcasted the panathinaikos game live but not the olympiakos one.

I know this is late but I am in Toronto and have ellas tv, and really desperately want the nova channels back. when I purchased the box from a store here in Toronto about a month ago the people said that novasports is coming back. So yesterday I called the offices which are located in Chicago Im pretty sure and asked them about the nova channels, and they said yes that ellas tv got the rights again for the nova channels and they should be on next week. Idk if you guise have heard anything about it but if you have pleaseeeeeee say.

• 1 year later...