Phantis Forums

Ellas TV

I really dont understand some of you guys. Finally after so many years we are able to watch live tv from Greece with all the channels and without having to install dishes on the roof, and you are complaining? Asking so many questions for what use?

Do you think it is professional for any company offering a paid service to get upset when customers or prospecting customers ask legitimate questions just because the company does not wish to answer?? Or get upset when a customer brings to light legitimate problems they are having with their service?? By your logic, everyone should just hand over their money to Ellas TV blindly, and just deal with any problems they might come across because they should be grateful that Ellas TV is offering the service in the first place. :rolleyes: And not to nitpick, but from all public account this service has not been around 2 years yet as you claim....

That being said and to be fair, as of recent it seems like Ellas TV was trying to answer people's questions and be helpful on this forum. But at the same time, one would think they would work better on their public relations as some of the responses have not been helpful at all, (And not to mention borderline rude) and they have also ignored a few questions that were asked....

How many boxes can you have? Or do you have to pay separate subscriptions for each box? Unfortunately that's what Wherevertv told me a while back. Is it the same for Ellastv?

I asked that earlier and still haven't gotten an answer...

From one of their many sites, I see one mentions that a subscription is needed for every additional box, but I'm not sure if the subscriptions for the additional boxes on the account are full price or not.

To answer your question about additional boxes it is 3 per account, and there is an additional charge of $9.99 per additional subscription, with a free Box, with $50 deposit per box....

I hope this is helpful ....

All questions are welcome

And no we are not rude, just stating the facts ...

To answer your question about additional boxes it is 3 per account, and there is an additional charge of $9.99 per additional subscription, with a free Box, with $50 deposit per box....

Let me understand this so it's all clear.

So far I have paid a $50.00 deposit for the receiver (which by the way seems to be defective) and $9.99 for the lease.

If I wanted another receiver, I would have to pay another $50.00 deposit and another $9.99 for the lease. If I wanted a third one I'd have to do the same.

Where is the free receiver I wonder?

No i Addayina,

I was implying, that each additional box is $50.00 Deposit, and 9.99 per subscription

If I mean if, I wasnt implying to your self

Customer cancels, they will receive there deposit back ...

All comments are welcome

• 3 months later...

Someone I know got Ellas TV. It looks like they fixed the delayed channels since addynia had service, because he says that the delayed channels are a true 7 hours delay. For example a show played at 8PM in Greece is played at 8PM eastern time on the delayed channel. (Well at least before the time changed, but the time changes here in a few days anyway) That seems like a pretty nice feature for these direct channels, as you can enjoy the programing in the US as it would be shown in Greece. Hopefully I can test it out as well soon and I’ll be sure to post of any pros or cons he tells me of as well.

Edited by Grk101

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have the box, and I don't think I will be getting it anyway since MEGA COSMOS is returning to DISH NETWORK.

To answer your question though the time that I did have the box, they had MEGA COSMOS and ERT WORLD but not ANTENNA Satellite or ALPHA SAT.

• 4 weeks later...

I will have some updates on the service from my friend soon. In the meantime, it looks like Ellas TV is in the process of re-doing their website and posted some new pricing options:

ET-503 box service:

• Mega Pack (5 Greek Channels) - $29.99

• Basic Pack (10 Greek Channels) - $39.99

• Starter Pack (20 Greek Channels) - $49.99

• Family Pack (30 Greek Channels) - $59.99

• Premium Pack (40 Greek Channels) - $79.99 (Currently $59.99 with promotion)

• Sports Pack (5 Sports Channels) - $24.99

• Extra Box - $9.99

Web TV only service:

• Mega Pack (5 Greek Channels) - $14.99

• Basic Pack (10 Greek Channels) - $24.99

• Starter Pack (20 Greek Channels) - $34.99

• Family Pack (30 Greek Channels) - $44.99

• Premium Pack (40 Greek Channels) - $54.99

iPad & iPhone service:

• Basic Pack (10 Greek Channels) - $9.99

• Starter Pack (20 Greek Channels) - $14.99

• Family Pack (30 Greek Channels) - $19.99

• Premium Pack (40 Greek Channels) - $24.99

Roku service:

• Mega Pack (5 Greek Channels) - $19.99

• Family Pack (30 Greek Channels) - $44.99

• Premium Pack (40 Greek Channels) - $54.99

• 2 months later...

It is funny how there has been a sudden influx of new postings about Ellas TV... :ph34r:

Anyway, having been using the service for a few months now, here are some thoughts by my friend:

Positives:

• Channel changing is fast for the most part
  • Time delay channels are great, maybe one of the best features
  • A lot of radio stations available, also YouTube and TuneIn app accessibility.
  • On demand has promise
  • Response time to issues is generally fast. He said he usually sees service notices pop up on the box before he even notices issues.
  • Picture quality is great on most channels with exceptions (more on that below)

Negatives:

• A few channels don?t work from time to time and picture quality varies on others. (Break up or degrades) But he says they have been getting better at fixing them quickly.
  • On demand lacks. There are a lot of sections and options, but some of them are empty and updates to them are slow or sometimes non-existent.
  • No EPG or Catchup TV as advertised yet. It seems they are working on it, but nothing yet.

Overall he is happy with it and says it has promise, but a number of issues do need to be sorted out to make it better. He moved to a new house in a wooded area, so satellite signal is difficult to receive. But he says he misses the DVR option he had with Dish the most. Presumably if they launch Catchup TV and/or update the on demand more frequently, it wouldn't really be an issue. More updates in the future?.

It is funny how there has been a sudden influx of new postings about Ellas TV... :ph34r:

Anyway, having been using the service for a few months now, here are some thoughts by my friend:

Positives:

• Channel changing is fast for the most part
  • Time delay channels are great, maybe one of the best features
  • A lot of radio stations available, also YouTube and TuneIn app accessibility.
  • On demand has promise
  • Response time to issues is generally fast. He said he usually sees service notices pop up on the box before he even notices issues.
  • Picture quality is great on most channels with exceptions (more on that below)

Negatives:

• A few channels don?t work from time to time and picture quality varies on others. (Break up or degrades) But he says they have been getting better at fixing them quickly.
  • On demand lacks. There are a lot of sections and options, but some of them are empty and updates to them are slow or sometimes non-existent.
  • No EPG or Catchup TV as advertised yet. It seems they are working on it, but nothing yet.

Overall he is happy with it and says it has promise, but a number of issues do need to be sorted out to make it better. He moved to a new house in a wooded area, so satellite signal is difficult to receive. But he says he misses the DVR option he had with Dish the most. Presumably if they launch Catchup TV and/or update the on demand more frequently, it wouldn't really be an issue. More updates in the future?.

I do agree with your comments Grk101.  There are a few things that can be improved like you mentioned with your post but overall a good experience.   By the way i think Catchup TV is now offered.

I have a premium package and below is the list of channels I get. I wonder what channels one gets with the basic, starter and family packages. Does anyone know?

1) Mega Cosmos USA
2) Mega Greece
3) Mega Greece delayed
4) Mega Cosmos Australia
5) Star International
6) Star Greece
7) Star Greece delayed
8) Ant1 Europe
9) Ant1 Greece
10) Ant1 Greece delayed
11) Alpha Greece
12) Alpha Greece delayed
13) Skai Greece
14) Skai Greece delayed
15) ERT world Europe
16) ET1
17) ET1 delayed
18) ET3
19) ET3 delayed
20) NET
21) NET delayed
22) Nickelodeon Greece
23) Disney Greece
24) Boomerang Greece
25) NovaSports 1
26) NovaSports 2
27) NovaSports 3
28) NovaSports Highlights
29) OTE Sports 1 (currently doesn't work )
30) OTE Sports 2 (currently doesn't work )
31) Eurosport
32) Eurosport 2
33) NovaCinema 1
34) NovaCinema 2
35) Ellas Cinema Classics
36) MAD GreekZ
37) MAD
38) ENA Channel (currently doesn't work )
39) Ellas Dimotika
40) RIK SAT Cyprus
41) Vouli
42) 4E (currently doesn't work )
43) APT (previously known as Tileasti)
44) Kontra Channel
45) Macedonia TV
46) Rythmos 94.9 live studio
47) Radio Kima live
48) RTE One (Irish channel )
49) RTE Two (Irish channel )
50) TV 3 (Irish channel )
51) TG 4 (Irish channel )
52) NovaSports 1 HD
53) NovaSports 2 HD
54) Sports test (currently it broadcasts OTE Sports 3 )
55) Star international test

Edited by trikalinos1