Phantis Forums

Ellas TV

Hey be nice :)

As far as bandwith Ok, here is what our statistics show

A 30 Minute TV show on VOD will be about 300 MB

We compress a 5mbit to around 1.2mbit, which is about 1200 MB for 4 hours

Average Ellas TV viewer 9 hours per day : With any high speed Internet is fine if your capping at 250 GB: You will consume 70 GB per month watching every day .......

Power Ellas TV viewers 12 hours a day : With any high speed Internet is fine if your capping at 250 GB: You will consume 100 GB per month watching every day ......

Religious Ellas TV viewers 18 hours a day With any high speed Internet is fine if your capping at 250 GB: You will consume 175 GB per month watching every day ......

And when i tell you no one watches everyday TV, they do have time off .....

So our average customer would watch TV for 18 days ....

So with these statistics you should not worry ...

We compress a 5mbit stream with our Dark Fiber Technology into 1.2mbit

Any questions and comments are welcome...

Thanks for finally posting the bandwidth info. :tup:

So if I understand this information correctly, if someone watches the channels (not VOD) 12 hrs. per day, they will end up consuming 100Gb in a month?! My package has a 300Gb cap- would that be enough to be able to watch for several hours each day without exceeding the cap?

Thanks.

Also to answer your question about the bandwith capping

I know comcast, time warner, cox, cablevision do not have a cap

I know Verizon and  ATT Uverse do but i dont know how much they go with it

Comcast had a 250GB cap for years for all users, with no option to buy more. If you went over it a few times, they would cut your service. They just suspended it in May, in favor of studying two new approaches. They will start rolling out the new approaches next month in two test markets, and all markets will have a data cap again soon when they decide which one to go with. In both approaches though the customers will get a minimum of 300GB. http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/05/co...a-caps-for-now/

As far as bandwith Ok, here is what our statistics show

Thank you for finally answering this! :) I admit that the rates do seem low compared to other IPTV, but I assume you wouldn't put out false information about bandwidth as it is a need-to-know fact for some people because of caps.

I noticed you did not answer the other two questions though, so I will post them again.

Is it true that you have to pay for a second subscription (albeit not as much) if you want a second stream in your home?

Why don't you list every channel you carry publicly on your website?

Edited by Grk101

OK here is the latest observations on MEGA COSMOS N. America and MEGA COSMOS Australia on EllasTV:

It seems that the Lip Sync problem is almost gone from MEGA COSMOS N. America but exists on MEGA COSMOS Australia. However, in MEGA COSMOS N. America the picture freezes for 5,6 seconds as often as every 30 seconds. This is not happening on MEGA COSMOS Australia which proves the fact in my opinion that is has nothing to do with the internet connection.

One last thing and I will shut my mouth for the rest of this month. If you really want to give us something that's really worth something, gives a DVR capable receiver with dual tuner and forget about the delayed channels and being able to go back 14 hours on certain channels.

People might want to record something and save it for later viewing.

And by the way, how long would it take for all the vod shows to be available? So far I can only watch τα ΚΛΕΜΕΝΑ ΟΝΕΙΡΑ, Disney movies 5-6 of then and some Greek Movies from the 80's worth no more than a nickel each.

The VOD is not ready yet but yes we do have everything from Finos Films

As far as Mega Cosmos we will still try and tweak it more but were sending whatever the broadcaster outputs

The LIP sync problem start when converting a PAL signal European tv standard to NTSC North America tv standard.

Are you saying that all channel feeds for this service are originating from Europe?!

MEGA Cosmos, RIK Sat, Star International & 4E are all available in North America on Home2US satellite, they should be getting the feeds for those channels from the feed that is distributed here NOT from Europe where they operate under a different system?! I think that explains your lip sync problem addynia- they are not broadcasting the correct feed for MEGA Cosmos or what they might be doing is taking the North American feed and sending it back to Greece then re-transmitting it back here through their system that transmits all channels they offer. Does this mean that the offices they have in the US and Canada are simply for sales?!

whatever they are doing, most likely what you say, is not working. Both MEGA COSMOS feeds do have a lip sync problem. Now BBC One HD is way off with a lip sync problem too.

And by the way ERT World all of a sudden showed up out of nowhere.

If they getting the feed from Greece then the video formats is in PAL.

The LIP sync problem comes when converting a PAL video format to NTSC video format, the Video stream can not keep up with the Audio stream.

And by using non commercial PAL/NTSC converting equipment.

DKSat

Edited by DKSat

Concerning your sound issue make sure you syn your tv remote with ellas tv remote, the way we do it is

40% on tv remote then slowly move up with ellas tv remote

there should not be lyp sync, we have sent messages to Mega Uplink and there seeing maybe they can tweak it more .... Unless Mega Cosmos goes digital from there studios we will have this problem, thats why Mega Channel and Mega Channel delayed dont, because they are directly from Mega Studios Digital Consola ASI connecting directly to us ...

Mega Cosmos is going through satellite feed, eventually will come from Mega Studios

We will seeee.

More questions are welcome

As far as Mega Cosmos we will still try and tweak it more but were sending whatever the broadcaster outputs

I think you are missing the fact that addynia also subscribes to Mega Cosmos through Home2US, and does not experience the same lip sync issues with the Home2US stream of Mega Cosmos that he does with the Ellas TV stream. Therefore one would come to the conclusion that the broadcaster is not at fault in this case.

I am watching mega cosmos right now there is no lypsync

Im curious if he has set up his box correct with the video settings hdmi at 1080i

or just left it at NTSC

Thats what tech support just told me ...

There settings need to be set at 1080i

I see no lip sync at all

Δεν ειχα σκοπο να απαντησω αλλα με προκαλεις φιλε μου!

The VOD is not ready yet but yes we do have everything from Finos Films

And why Am I paying $50.00 for a VOB that is not ready? If somebody had mentioned that when I signed up or if it was on your website maybe I wouldn't have even bothered to order the box.

Im curious if he has set up his box correct with the video settings hdmi at 1080i

The setting is at 1080i with no success. I tried all the different settings.

The fact that you don't see a lypsync problem doesn't change the fact that I do.

Mega Cosmos is going through satellite feed, eventually will come from Mega Studios

I wish it never does. I was watching the U19 final Spain - Greece the other day from ET1. It was like watching something in movie mode not video mode. Even the channels where the picture is ok, MEGA, MEGA DELAYED etc when there is scrolling involved it's not smooth and credits for example at the end of the show are not easy to read.

Do you want me to go on: Here is one. Why do I need to adjust the volume every time I change a channel? Shouldn't that be a function of the receiver keeping the same volume level on all the channels?

And where are you getting the MEGA COSMOS Australia feed from that I am able to see here in America, not from Home2US of course, which means that you probably send it to Greece from Australia the same way you send the MEGA COSMOS N. America to Greece and back here.

And how do you get the signal? Home2US is trasmitting a special one just for ELLASTV in N. America?

Εν κατακλειδι:

My wife who is American, I am the Greek, says: There is the GREEK WAY and there is the RIGHT WAY.

Guess what category you are falling into :)

With best intentions

AddyNia

Edited by addynia

I dont know what to tell you ....

If you are not satisfied send it back ......

From all the problems your having ...

Which is amazing to me, not even one good thing your satisfied .. volume, channels not good Mega cosmos lyp sync, ert world looks bad your list goes on and on and on, so why are you still active, and paying for a service your not happy

Send it back

We like all our customers happy, if your not satisfied send it back.

No problem...

So you feel that way ...

WHY INDEED!!!

Perhaps because this IPTV technology is not yet ready for the mainstream- I think it still requires some fine tuning and is a few years away from attaining the same status as cable and satellite TV. I guess it is to be expected since this is being transmitted via a public network (the internet) as opposed to cable & satellite which are closed networks and each provider has their own system.

I experienced lip sync issues when I subscribed to the Greek package offered by NEXTV so this might have something to do with the medium being used to transmit the signal as much as it does with the service itself?! Too many issues for my liking- you have to have the right internet speed, a compatible router, unlimited package, etc. if I were you Addynia I would go back to satellite which is more stable and some day if this IPTV thing becomes less problematic you can try it out again.

Look at their website. There have been some interesting updates to it.

Now they offer a free receiver but they charge $29.99 a month for the MEGA package previously priced at $19.99. They claim that they have 5 Μεγαλα Ελληνικα καναλια. Here is the list.

MEGA Cosmos

MEGA Channel

MEGA Delayed

MEGA Cyprus

Kanali Voulis

Tile Asty

Ellada TV

Kissamos

Balkania Music

Can anyone tell me which 5 channels are the "ΜΕΓΑΛΑ" channels?

By the way HellasHab I never left Home2US. In fact I have been really happy with their receiver, so far no problem as far as picture and sound quality.

In fact the Home2US MEGA Cosmos signal has been better than from what it was in Directv and Dish Network.

I really dont understand some of you guys. Finally after so many years we are able to watch live tv from Greece with all the channels and without having to install dishes on the roof, and you are complaining? Asking so many questions for what use? I have plain dsl from verizon and dont have the issues or problem you are posting. You should be greatful that you can watch everything on tv. I was happy to watch, Champions league the whole year, Europa League, Greek basketball, Euroleague etc. Did you watch any of this from the other tv providers you have or have had over the years?? The answer is NO because I was a dish network customer for 12 consecutive years and never got to watch any of that. ...and employee of dish as well and never got what i wanted. Finally after so long with Dish net moved to direct tv to be able to have 3D channels to enjoy on my 3D tv, that dish will never carry...because they are exclusively with Direct tv. And with Ellas tv I get everything I wished for. Ellas tv is working hard to give us the best of Greece and every month they add more and more channels, like eurosport 1, 2 and so many others. As a new company and new boxes there is always be problems. But they working hard and improving them as we speak. In a 2 yr period that I have it, it gets better and better. I love my Ellas tv and I wish they could provide fancy dvr like i have with direct tv...but at the end I say thank god for Ellas tv. What I had before and what i have now. With time and patience we get what we ask for. Some of you my say but Direct tv shows soccer as well? Well not for free ..you need to have sports package for them and again you will not get the nova sports channels either. Lets be a little more appreciative of what we have now. What did you have 2 years ago. Thank you Ellas TV for everything.

Fox Soccer Channel has Champion League, English Premier League and Italian Serie A.

Gol TV has German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga. All of the above in HD.

Ant1 Satellite and ERT World have the Greek League.

What else do you need?

As far as live TV, MEGA Cosmos, ERT World and ANT1 have the news and morning shows live.

I recorded yesterday from NET the Olympic opening ceremonies to watch it later in my own time and keep it with my Olympic collection. Guess what I found when I got home. A frozen picture recorded for 4 hours!!!

Lastly if all the progress that has been made in the last two years is what I have been experiencing the last month, then I am afraid I should probably wait another 10 years before I consider this particular service.

I am still wating for someone to tell which from the list are the 5 ΜΕΓΑΛΑ καναλια in the $29.99 package!

After playing with 2 different Ellastv IP boxes this pass week , I did not see any LIP sync problems on any of the Greek channels specially the Mega channels, the Video was clear and sharp no break ups smooth channel changing.

Addynia, After all the problems you are reporting on your Ellastv IP box it looks like you have Defective IP BOX.

DKSat

exactly my point addynia. you have to pay for all these several sports channels plus the greek ones and also you have to have several providers. How about the national team games and basketball games of euroleague and national team plus the greek league? With ellas tv you have them all for a small price.