Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no announcement it seems. I guess they are still working everything out and trying to get all the necessary stuff in order.

Even if they announce it tonight, it looks like people will be left in the dark for a few days as I don't think they do expedited shipping. At least those who might switch. (I might be wrong) I may give GMG a call in a bit if there is no news.

Oups, you got me Grk101

<>When I said that it was a done deal in my previous post you guys were double guessing me look for adds to start soon on home2us or Euro-world Network which is parent of home2us.

I personal thing they should have done this long time ago most of the Greeks a good 80% of them want a package like that of 5-6 Greek channels with the cost of 30-40 dollars and a receiver w/ off air antenna to get free locals because with to days economy people cannot afford the 150-200 dollars a month bills.

I have been reading all your posts on this issue and most of you have been trying to bring something good on the table for the well of all of us that want to see good Greek tv in the USA and Canada.

Tomorrow I will have more info on how you can re-point your direct tv dish since directv only wants the receivers back and not the dish also prices receivers etc.

DKSat

DKSat, any news?

I understand it may be taking them a while to get everything in order, but they are doing more harm to themselves than good at this point. The longer they wait to announce it, the more people will get impatient and find other ways to fill their Greek TV needs. Plus as they told me yesterday they planned to run title cards on Mega Cosmos advertising the new service and specials. How do they plan to do that if they wait until the last minute? I bet a number of subs have already canceled DirecTV in anticipation to the shut off in a few days.

Something must be going on over there, I called and no one was picking up. (Although I called a bit late) I see someone on Facebook said the same thing too though. Maybe Alter Globe going off the air prematurely is also related? Let's see how this will unfold further.

EDIT: Just an update, it appears EWN also registered the domain www.greekamericantv.com (In addition to www.greektv-america.com that was mentioned yesterday)

It seems like they are still working on the site before going fully live. I expect an announcement and all the details to finally come today.

Posted Image

GreekTV-America, Inc.

California U.S.A.

Toll-free: 1.888.788.3876 | Tel: 1.571.209.5913 | Fax: 1.571.209.5911

E-mail: [email protected]

Coming - April 1st 2011!

So if I understand this set up exactly, basically GMG teamed up with EWN in some way to launch the subsidiary "GreekTV-America", and they are using the Home2us platform (their US satellite partner) to broadcast/distribute it on satellite?? Maybe? Interesting, I am sure we will find out soon anyway. EWN seems stable too.

Just a correction, someone mentioned that Dish orbits are 61.5, 118, 119, 129. As of last month Dish came and repointed my dish and added a new dish with a dual LNB pointing to 72, 77 kept 61.5 and 118 and removed 119 and 129. Obviously they are moving the channels around to new satellites. Thats for the Eastern part of the country. Of course at the time I had the greek elite package, after purchasing the Ellas tv system I had the greek package removed and kept only american programming. Just FYI.

Satellite: SES 1 at 101.0 w

Satellite providers: Home2US platform.

Frequency 11860 H 30.000 is up and testing with a very strong signal.

Mega Cosmos will be the first Channel to go up very very SOON,

DKSat

According to them, Friday.

Going off the launch date on their site, or did you talk to them? I called the number on their site and as of right now they are taking names and numbers and will call people back with the details "in a few days". I guess they are still setting up the logistics of the operation or something. I may try to give GMG a call later on as well and see what they have to say.

Frequency 11860 H 30.000

I also tried calling GMG myself, and their answering machine came up.

Of course, it did. Who knows what role they play. They probably have nothing to with marketing and distributing Greek channels. They seem just as much in the dark as we are.

I spoke with Ellas Tv rep and I was told that Ellas tv got the rights for Mega Cosmos as well as for Alter global and they will be also offer the channel a la cart and/or part of a package.

I will believe it when I see some sort of confirmation from the channels themsevles... as they are with EuroWorld Network etc

Satellite: SES 1 at 101.0 w

Satellite providers: Home2US platform.

ERT world is up

Frequency 11860 H 30.000 is up

Great news! Do you know if they are planning to encrypt it, or have it FTA (finally) like a few other public broadcaster channels on Home2us on 101w? One can hope! :D

Please say ERT World will be available FTA, I have been waiting a long time for an unencrypted Ku Band feed of ERT World.

Interestring for you to say that HellasHab. If I am not mistaken ERT WORLD carries Olympiacos games and obviously you are with the enemy (just kidding). So I wonder what else interests you in ERT WORLD programming?

In a perfect world, one of the terms to carrying ERT World might be to have it unencrypted. (or something like that) It may be beneficial to EWN and Home2us to take on the cost of this in order to include it in their offering. One of PCCW's goals when they temporarily acquired the rights late last year was to launched it FTA on domestic Ku-band in North America....it is already FTA on ku-band in Europe and Australia for years now. Now with GMG apparently in the picture, I am not sure if that plan is still in the cards. These companies are obviously out to make money. There may be some hope though, as EWN has dutch channel BVN and Serbian channel RTS FTA on Home2us. I guess we will find out in a few days for sure, but considering the history and reputation the Greek channels have, it will probably be encrypted. We can still hope though.

Interestring for you to say that HellasHab. If I am not mistaken ERT WORLD carries Olympiacos games and obviously you are with the enemy (just kidding). So I wonder what else interests you in ERT WORLD programming?

Ha ha!

Unfortunately for me, PAO games are on ANT1, which I dislike due to all the reality junk they air these days. PAO used to be on ERT World but for some reason they have wound up on ANT1?! Actually it doesn't matter as I don't watch much these days as I have lost interest in the sub-par Greek league. Also, my team sucks this year so another reason not to watch. :P

As for ERT World, I prefer their newscast over the other channels as well as the cultural programming they air. Due to budget cuts, the channel is currently a shadow of its former self IMO. I have heard that ERT in Greece might drop soccer, if ERT World drop sports programming as well then it should go FTA as there would not really be anything of value to warrant paying for this channel.

I agree, ERT WORLD should be FTA.

As far a Greek soccer games I don't know why it is so popural for the Greeks here in the states. As far as I am concerned MLS has made huge steps in the last 10 years than Greek soccer has made in the last 50. Personally I prefer to watch Premier Leauge on ESPN and FSC as opposed to OSFP or PAO games on ANT1. If I keep the ELITE pack still today is for

Archived