Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody ever answered my question. :huh:

The service has been good so far for me. Can't say that I have had any real problems with it thus far. (Besides some receiver issues which I had mentioned in the receiver thread I believe) The picture and quality is clear. I just wish they would have an on-screen guide, the capabilities are there.

The service has been good so far for me. Can't say that I have had any real problems with it thus far. (Besides some receiver issues which I had mentioned in the receiver thread I believe) The picture and quality is clear. I just wish they would have an on-screen guide, the capabilities are there.

Thanks for the info. B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alter Globe is up. I don't know if they are testing it or something, but it showed up on GMTV's channel today and was initially cutting in and out. Earlier the sound was not working right, but now everything is working right. I did a re-scan of the channels, and now the channel listing is showing Alter Globe in GMTV's old spot, and GMTV in Alter Globe's old spot, except GMTV is down right now. So not sure what the situation is.

I have to admit, I did not expect Alter Globe to be added this soon as they are still facing some problems in Greece.

Good to see that Alter Globe is back up, although like Grk101 I am surprised as Alter Channel is still going through a difficult time and the future of the station is still in doubt according to the last article I read about Alter.

On another note, Home2US lost their Croatian & Serbian programming on Oct. 1 as Euro-World Network has moved those packages back to Galaxy-19. They are now left with only the Albanian and Greek channels which makes me wonder what kind of viability this service has long term?! Dish Network & GlobeCast World TV pretty much have a lock on international television in North America as they carry popular channels from almost every part of the globe. I wonder what the future holds for this service, not sure what other channels are out there for them to add that Dish or GlobeCast don't already carry?!

Pretty fitting that it was added right as the channel got back to live programing again. ;) Let's hope they stay clear of trouble, but I don't think they are anywhere near out of the woods yet.

On another note, Home2US lost their Croatian & Serbian programming on Oct. 1 as Euro-World Network has moved those packages back to Galaxy-19.

That's strange, they are still showing up on SES-1 and RTS (which is FTA) is still working. I guess they haven't completed the move yet.

On another note, Home2US lost their Croatian & Serbian programming on Oct. 1 as Euro-World Network has moved those packages back to Galaxy-19. They are now left with only the Albanian and Greek channels which makes me wonder what kind of viability this service has long term?! Dish Network & GlobeCast World TV pretty much have a lock on international television in North America as they carry popular channels from almost every part of the globe. I wonder what the future holds for this service, not sure what other channels are out their for them to add that Dish or GlobeCast don't already carry?!

Something tells me that the Greek channels won't last long on Home2US. I'm always hoping they'll come back to Dish.

• 4 weeks later...

GMG is distributing the new Home2US PVR receiver. The receiver is not as good as the TV Plus one as far as picture quality and it has a major problem when playing back recorded programs. After 10 minutes of playback the sound and picture get out of sync making the PVR function useless. Another minor problem is that the .trp files that are generated cannot be converted to other formats as any video converter application that I tried does not recognize them as video media files.

And where is the TV Guide?

Their technical support team sucks big time. When I e-mailed them with the problem their suggestion was to make sure that the external hard disk be formatted which of course I had done. I am still waiting for their response a week and a half now.

No I don’t agree with ANT1 and ALPA joining Home2US. I would rather see MEGA and STAR and ALTER GLOBE moving to Dish Network instead.

If Mr Kontominas takes control over Alpha Tv from the Germans you will see Alpha Sat joining Home2US. The only channel that will be left on Dish Network will be Antenna Satellite.

DKSat

Why would he move Alpha Sat to Home2US- I thought Dishnet was the better option and that ANT1 would be the 'last channel standing'?!

Also, Dish Network carries ERT World so ANT1 Satellite would not be the only channel left if Alpha Sat moved.

Why would he move Alpha Sat to Home2US- I thought Dishnet was the better option and that ANT1 would be the 'last channel standing'?!

I agree. Nobody would take a channel from a bigger platform that reaches many times what a smaller platform does.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight on Mega Cosmos, I saw a scrolling message at the top of the screen in both Greek and English saying something along the lines of "Mega Cosmos signal is being transferred to the USA via Home2US." Not sure what the purpose of that was though?

• 1 month later...

Archived