Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again 'gang3171'

Thank you for the information. Following your instructions it worked fine.

Will see how long they will have that option open for us.

Mega is killing the American Omogenias' goose that laid the golden egg for them.

I'll second your motion that "Mega have been nothing but a Mega pain!!!"

Kali Anastasi - Kalo Pasxa

Has anybody got the receiver yet?

I haven't received mine yet. I was thinking of calling, but I'm going to give it until early next week. They said 7-10 days, but I am thinking maybe they meant 7-10 business days give or take.

Does anyone know how long MEGA COSMOS will stay FTA on 101W (SES 1)?

When I contacted Home2US just over a week ago just to

enquire on their packages (Pricey) the rep told me that it will

be free until the end of April or early May. I guess they just

want everyone to get their feet wet for free for while.

Does anyone know how long MEGA COSMOS will stay FTA on 101W (SES 1)?

When I contacted Home2US just over a week ago just to

enquire on their packages (Pricey) the rep told me that it will

be free until the end of April or early May. I guess they just

want everyone to get their feet wet for free for while.

It is probably temporarily FTA as a goodwill gesture. If I recall, billing starts when you activate your service. So you can watch it free until they encrypt it, then you can activate your smart card and watch it on a pay basis. I am guessing it will remain FTA until the other channels come online.

That is great to hear. I had a better picture of the channel when they switched to DirecTV, but I always thought that maybe had to do with my set up or something. It will be interesting to see if the picture on Home2us is even better. B) Maybe it has to do with the encryption and compression methods used? (don't know if that is even a factor though)

EWN finally put up the site. www.GreekTV-America.com

It seems like they just copied the layout from their other sites (as expected) so there are still some bugs/dead ends here and there. Hopefully they will fix them....

They also mention the Greek channels on NexTV.

Anyone have an update on the Home2US service, just curious to see if this new package has actually launched?! I noticed that none of the companies involved (GMG, EWN, Home2US) have updated their website and May 1 has come and gone. Looks like this service is getting off to a nice start. ;)

Shortly after they launched last month, they moved away from the May 1st date. Only the Home2us website still lists that. (Which is only the distributor anyway) From what I was told in mid-April, they said the rest should launch sometime in May. I haven't called back to inquire about it again, but they had said they will let subs know when they rest launch and how to add them to their package. Maybe they are going to wait until they issue the smart cards so they can charge for them right off the bat. Currently Mega Cosmos is free-to-air as they have not issued the cards yet.

Yes you can  connect a second receiver , take the cable that is going to the second receiver and connected to the fist receive from LOOP OUT and then go in to second receiver menu, installation, dish setting , and turn the LNB POWER OFF.

Remember if you going to use the second receiver as primary receiver you need to turn the LNB POWER ON.

Good Luck,

DKSat

DKSat, I did that and I can see MEGA on the FTA receiver but it is still FTA. The question really is if I can still watch it on the FTA (slave) receiver after they encrypted.

Pretty small nice receiver. The remote is rather small but I can live with it.

Thanks.

When they encrypted Mega you can not watch it on a FTA receiver you can watch the channels only if you sub to them.

The Free Preview for Mega Cosmos will end within 2 weeks.

DKSat

DKSat do you think a different receiver with a smart card slot should be able to unecrypt the Greek Channels or do you think the smart card given to us works only with the TV-PLUS SAT-8000HD one.

Thanks

The channels on Home2us at SES 101 they will be broadcasting on the new MPEG 4 - H264 platform with Irdeto encryption .

It will be chipper to buy the Euro-World receiver then any other receiver out there with a smart card slot.

DKSat

According to the GreekTV-America website, they have already raised the price of the complete Greek package from $39.99 to $46.99. :nono: You guys that have received your new receivers, are the other channels even broadcasting yet?

Archived