Phantis Forums

New Greek Channel Package Platform.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this topic seems to have been exhausted I will add my closing statements.

I would have liked MEGA COSMOS to have joined DISH but since that didn’t happen I have to live with it. I expressed my concerns and feelings and my anger sometimes this past month but deep inside I knew I would follow and get it wherever it went.

I am actually saving $30.00 a month by dropping DirecTV since I had it only for MEGA but due to HD DVR receiver and HD Access Fee of $10.00, plus $7.00 for a second receiver, plus $13.00 for Basic my total bill was $45.00.

Additionally I am planning to also pick up 97W (GALAXY 19) satellite with an extra LNB if the dual one they are sending me does not work for 97W. There is a ton on FTA channels on GALAXY 19 and even if I never watch them I can always say I have them!

And you never know, one day I might decide to get a C-Band dish and get all the goods in the sky!!!

I pretty much feel the same way. When all is said and done, it looks like I will be saving too. Before I was paying for the Greek package II + basic programming + 2nd leased receiver. My main gripe with this new service is just the apparent premium on RIK Sat and the way it appears to be pushing up package pricing. I notice that they don

To my fellow Greeks in the USA, I feel your frustration in regards to MEGA COSMOS leaving DirecTV and moving to Home2US.

I too was a subscriber to DirecTV and suspended my account when Mega

left last week. I now subscribe to Bell Expressvu here in Canada and Mega

is only $5.00 / month up here when you bundle ANT1 and ERT altogether for a total of $15.00 / month with the minimum package of course. If you have relatives in Canada and they maybe they can set up an account and have 3 Greek TV stations beamed to your homes.

I too called Home2US a few days ago and I was surprised with

the cost for Mega for $19.00 USD / month. They also told me that they will be

adding RIK, STAR, ALTER and some radio stations in May and the price jumps to

$40.00 plus tax. The rep told me that Mega is free from SES 1 at 101.0

I pretty much feel the same way. When all is said and done, it looks like I will be saving too. Before I was paying for the Greek package II + basic programming + 2nd leased receiver. My main gripe with this new service is just the apparent premium on RIK Sat and the way it appears to be pushing up package pricing. I notice that they don

Since this topic seems to have been exhausted I will add my closing statements.

Technically, this thread will not close until MEGA leaves yet another platform, and we start the new thread where it is moving, as has been their practice.

I do subscribe to DirecTV with the Premuim Package, but on a separate account.

I had the Greek Package on a separate account and different receiver since day one with

DirecTV and just recently suspended that account with them.

Not sure I will keep it though.

When I checked with Bell up here, I could not resist the cost for Mega ($5.00) with

the bundle with ANT1 & ERT. I set up my parents with another receiver on

my account. They could not be any happier.

When I checked with Bell up here, I could not resist the cost for Mega ($5.00) with

the bundle with ANT1 & ERT.

Once again MEGA Cosmos is NOT available for $5 on Bell. It is sold only as an add-on to the Greek combo which means the actual cost of this channel is $15 not $5.

Technically, this thread will not close until MEGA leaves yet another platform, and we start the new thread where it is moving, as has been their practice.

Well, technically there is no other platform to go to as they have exhausted them all. They have been on Dish then DirecTV and now Home2US, the only one left is GlobeCast which is a niche platform that only offers international channels similar to Home2US. I think this is the end of the line for MEGA Cosmos- unless they go back to Dish where they started which at this point seems like a pipe dream.

Do you not subscribe to American channels?

I subscribe to American programing through Comcast. I get a good deal bundling my services. (Cable, internet, phone) Plus I also get local sports since Comcast has rights to a good deal of them, and due to an FCC loophole they withhold the channel from satellite. (Only available on Comcast and recently Fios)

I think this is the end of the line for MEGA Cosmos- unless they go back to Dish where they started which at this point seems like a pipe dream.

If they lower their package prices I think they may have a chance. I can't stress enough how ridiculous I think the apparently RIK Sat premium is.

Yes you can connect a second receiver , take the cable that is going to the second receiver and connected to the fist receive from LOOP OUT and then go in to second receiver menu, installation, dish setting , and turn the LNB POWER OFF.

Remember if you going to use the second receiver as primary receiver you need to turn the LNB POWER ON.

Good Luck,

DKSat

I have mixed feelings about this....On one hand I am very happy ERT is finally expanding to more platforms like it should, but on the other hand I am very bummed we are not getting a FTA ku-band signal yet again.....

Anyway, I just got off the phone with EWN. These are the packages they will be offering:

Mega - $19.99

Mega, ERT - $29.99

Mega, ERT, RIK, Alter, Star, GMTV + 3 radio - $39.99

So it seems that the packages prices remain the same....Just ERT is the base instead of RIK in the middle package, and then they added 1 channel to the top package but kept the price the same. Let's see if they will do anymore adjusting until they all launch....and if ERT will actually be part of the line up. Right now only Mega is available to subscribers the rep said. I may try to get a hold of GMG to confirm this information.

OK, place your bets:

1. ERT will remain on Home2US for at least a few years AND ERT will stop from Dish in a matter of months :PAYS 5 to 1

2. ERT will stop again from Home2US in a matter of days: PAYS 2 to 1

As for my bet? I like high bets with high stakes which offer large return on investment.

So, two Greek platforms for another 3 years. :huh: :huh: :huh:

OK, place your bets:

There are no bets. Home2US pulled off a hat trick with that one. I believe we now have two equally attractive platforms for channels from Greece, ERT being common in both and then ALPHA and ANTENNA on one vs MEGA, ALTER, and STAR on the other.

Now what needs to happen is for ERT to move to cable platforms.

As for it being free on Home2US, I never bought that for a minute.

I would like this one too:

3. ERT will go onto multiple platforms and will also launch a FTA ku-band signal :D

Sadly the last part seems like a distant dream now.......As GMG appears to be behind ERT's distribution now, I can see ERT being added on cable finally as well. Most likely options being RCN, Time Warner, and Cablevision since GMG already has a business relationship with them. I would love them to add to Comcast though; after all they are the biggest cable provider in the nation, but a nationwide add can

ERT will stop from Dish in a matter of months, as soon as the Dish subscribers have the time to switch over so they don't miss the new soccer season. Olympiakos and the other teams will remain on ERT.

ERT will be on cable as well, but neither on two satellite platforms nor FTA.

The writing is on the wall, decision has been made by GMG/TITAN.

ERT approved the moves on Monday in order to please MEGA.

Done deal.

Done deal.

They did? It would be interesting if this is really true. No announcements on ERT's site yet, only an announcement about clarifications to the tender for ERT World's distribution rights. But then again, they just launched a new revamped site, and it is still under construction, so who knows about an official announcement.

Done deal.

They did? It would be interesting if this is really true. No announcements on ERT's site yet, only an announcement about clarifications to the tender for ERT World's distribution rights. But then again, they just launched a new revamped site, and it is still under construction, so who knows about an official announcement.
Don't expect an announcement now.

They will announce it late July.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with EWN. These are the packages they will be offering:

Mega - $19.99

Mega, ERT - $29.99

Mega, ERT, RIK, Alter, Star, GMTV + 3 radio - $39.99

Well it looks like someone finally clued in, these are much better packages then the others that they were proposing to offer. The MEGA Cosmos a la carte price is still a little steep IMO but you can win them all I guess?!

Damn, MEGA/ERT is the package I want, I wish it was available for us here in Canuckistan. :(

I am still holding out hope that ERT will go FTA, but that is looking like it won't happen anytime soon. <_<

I would say that it will NEVER be available FTA unfortunately as it appears the 'powers that be' don't want this to happen. I will now be awaiting the encryption of ERT World in Australia in response to this move not to offer it FTA on Ku band in North America OR an explanation from ERT as to why those down under get the channel for free and us poor saps in North America have to pay?! :angry:

Archived