Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Pao

Crazy

Why 6 points???? <_< Make it 10.... (that's a nice round number!)

I think evalagoal said 6 because that would essentially deduct the 3 points they got for winning the game, then a further 3 points would, in essence, give the victory to us.

I dont think that would be fair to be honest, i'd rather see the game replayed in an empty stadium.

Why 6 points???? <_< Make it 10.... (that's a nice round number!)

I decided on the 6 points just because I looked at the situation of I was on the board of EPO and I looked at this a fair way how many points would I deduct this team (if we were to do it by wins only)

So I thought of taking away 2 wins from the club..

Again, I'm just thinking of a way to somehow resolve this stupidity by some of the fans and so on...

if this happend in any of the big footballing nations a point deduction would be the least of your issues...the fact that we see that as an unacceptable punishment is a problem...in order for this to STOP the punishment has to be set very VERY high...

crazy, it is evident that a simple slap on the wrist with fineings and playing behind closed doors IS NOT ENOUGH! set the standard, fans violence or fans on the pitch, -3 points. only then will the fans realize what harm they are doing to their team. im not saying this just specifically for this situation im saying this should be revised somewhere in the rules. if and when the league is revised (which it SHOULD be) set a standard like this. years have come and gone, no strict punishment has been put into place and look what happends...the same crap, and then we wonder why?

the point is drastic measures must be taken if we want change. a fine and a 2 match ban will not stop anything from reoccuring..im sorry but its unacceptable...make it so the fans realize the harm they are doing. SLAPS ON THE WRIST WILL DO NOTHING!

if this happend in any of the big footballing nations a point deduction would be the least of your issues...the fact that we see that as an unacceptable punishment is a problem...in order for this to STOP the punishment has to be set very VERY high...

crazy, it is evident that a simple slap on the wrist with fineings and playing behind closed doors IS NOT ENOUGH! set the standard, fans violence or fans on the pitch, -3 points. only then will the fans realize what harm they are doing to their team. im not saying this just specifically for this situation im saying this should be revised somewhere in the rules. if and when the league is revised (which it SHOULD be) set a standard like this. years have come and gone, no strict punishment has been put into place and look what happends...the same crap, and then we wonder why?

the point is drastic measures must be taken if we want change. a fine and a 2 match ban will not stop anything from reoccuring..im sorry but its unacceptable...make it so the fans realize the harm they are doing. SLAPS ON THE WRIST WILL DO NOTHING!

Pao123... I have to agree w/ you.. This needs to be done no matter what.. Just like Juve had to drop down to the 2nd Div. about 2/3 yrs ago something similiar needs to happen to Greek soccer. Now I'm not saying Olympiacos needs to be demoted to the 2nd div. just drastic.

But it needs to be across the board!

Torosidis received a 5 game ban.. I agree w/ this decision. This was our captain, I have NEVER seen Nikopolidis, Djorgevic or any of our captains do this. He deserves it and should be a lesson to all. I understand that he was caught up in the moment and all but for a player to his calliber it's un-called for..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and your punishment is............a one match ban!

unbelievable.

i have seen all the videos, the only things that is questionable is govou kicking out at a fan who was not provoking him. other than that i saw nothing wrong with what the pao players did...kante threw a punch and a kick but after he was getting run at by a fan... i doubt cisse would be lieing, i saw a video of him getting grabbed and then hit from behind. it was not clear, but i dont think he instigated anything...all the TV videos show basically nothing (which is why pao fans were pissed) where you cant see exactly what is going on and who goes after who first, its the personal videos i have seen that have made the difference for me... i saw the whole tzorva episode, i will try to find the video again...he came towards the fisouna, got grabbed from behind and he flipped out and starting pushing fans...one of them started slapping him from behind while he was going balistic.

one again, instead of taking the blame, oly is trying to cover their asses and come up with excuses...its sad really bc im not sure (especially after the HUUUGE one game ban) that anything will happen...oly will come up with some bs videos that only show the point they are trying to get across and will never man up and admit the wrong..its sad really..

pao123 i would have agreed with you on principal since most of us here are the same,normal thinking greeks that like a team and our country but mostly we enjoy the game but after the official Pao announcement and especially that part:<<(

the molotof is true...i was surprised it took so long for them to say something but i think that was pictured in one of the tv videos...there is a big bang with fire coming out, it was obvious it was a molotof because there was some fire on the ground sticking on the grass after it was thrown..here is a video of it that i just found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xs83w5t_g

imagine if that had hit anyone what damage it would have done..that alone is more than a one match ban for me..that could have possibly killed someone.

i doubt a player with the class of gilberto would lie about getting hit by olympiakos' fans..kante was on the defensive the whole time from what ive seen. he threw a kick in at the beginning but only as a fan was obviously coming at him, he threw a punch in the fisouna for the same reason...if he kicked gilberto by accident, i doubt that is the only kick poy efage o silva..i dont care if cisse crawled off the pitch, he played a hard match, was tired and that is not a topic that should be brought out..as you said, the fans should not have been on the pitch in the first place...the only thing i saw that was unprovoked was govou, who was probably steaming after a face to face with one of the fans...not an excuse for me but surely the whole incident wasnt a result of that one kick...

There are soooo many things that we can talk about here but this topic would not end.

Why don't they install cameras all over the field in order to have "hard" evidence instead of this "I say, we saw" stuff. Karaiskaki, OAKA, Touba and other "more modern" Greek stadiums can get them installed.

The hard part about it is that will they use them properly?

But again that's another topic here..

the molotof is true...i was surprised it took so long for them to say something but i think that was pictured in one of the tv videos...there is a big bang with fire coming out, it was obvious it was a molotof because there was some fire on the ground sticking on the grass after it was thrown..here is a video of it that i just found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xs83w5t_g

imagine if that had hit anyone what damage it would have done..that alone is more than a one match ban for me..that could have possibly killed someone.

i doubt a player with the class of gilberto would lie about getting hit by olympiakos' fans..kante was on the defensive the whole time from what ive seen. he threw a kick in at the beginning but only as a fan was obviously coming at him, he threw a punch in the fisouna for the same reason...if he kicked gilberto by accident, i doubt that is the only kick poy efage o silva..i dont care if cisse crawled off the pitch, he played a hard match, was tired and that is not a topic that should be brought out..as you said, the fans should not have been on the pitch in the first place...the only thing i saw that was unprovoked was govou, who was probably steaming after a face to face with one of the fans...not an excuse for me but surely the whole incident wasnt a result of that one kick...

From what i've seen Kante hit someone that ran towards him merely to jump up and down in his face - classless, but not violent so Kante had no right to hit him. Cisse seemed to grab some old bald guy and at that point someone else in a hood came running over, the camera then moved to another incident so I didn't see what happened. I certainly saw Govou kick someone for no reason (i thought it was Simao but you're right i think it was Govou) and i've seen a photo of Simao being kicked by someone. We have to be honest here, if 100 fans genuinely attacked 4-5 players they'd have killed them. We have to be realistic here.

As for the alleged molotov, it wasn't a molotov. A molotov makes no sound, just the sound of broken glass, there is no big bang. There seems to be a claim that it was something the MAT threw to disperse the fans, that does sound more likely considering that it also went off with no PAO players in the vicinity. It was a bunch of Olympiakos fans surrounding Mellberg, they'd hardly throw the molotov at themselves. Of course the media has pounced on this though and attempted to portray it as a molotov to sensationalise the story. Now despite the fact that I support PAO I am very much against this dangerous media tactic. We've heard in the last few days that unknown men have since thrown a molotov at Torosidis' property, Nikopolidis has received death threats, etc. This sensationalising is boiling blood and God forbid it could end up with someone being killed.

What happened was unacceptable but we have to avoid blowing it out of proportion. A couple of weeks ago in England a player was violently punched to the floor following a pitch invasion after a cup game, the responsible man has been found, given a criminal record and banned from attending football matches for 5 years. That was a responsible way of handling the issue, both by the authorities and the media who didn't blow everything out of proportion. We need to act in an equally responsible manner

Responsibility should include drastic measures against a club, stadium officials and everyone else concerned whenever anyone enters the pitch. They simply do not belong there.

The era when fans would enter the pitch at the end of the game solely to lift their heroes on their shoulders went out when Skylitsis was last mayor of Piraeus.

Archived