Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Pao

Crazy

The most important game for both clubs is a few days away.The mother of all battles,the greek El Clasico and the game that will decide if this championship is over and done or if we are going to have some more agony to it.Both teams propably are going to be with all their weapons so wich team you guys think is going to take it??

If anyone wants to be honest about the teams strong points,i think both teams are even.Olympiakos has a better defence,by far,Olympiakos and Panathinaikos have equally good midfield players and Pao has an advantage because of Cisse at offence.So its 1.5 points each or 2 each since Pardo and Tzorvas are semi-ok both.

Olympiakos posible starting 11:

--------------------------------Pardo------------------------------------------

---------Torosidis-------A.Papadopoulos----------Melberg----------Bravo--------

----------------Ibagaza---------------------Modesto---------------------------

---------------Djebour------------Fuster------------------Riera-----------------

-----------------------------Mirallas-----------------------

This is how it's going to go: Cisse will be shot (along with Tzorvas of course) and will be marked savagely by 4 gavroi defenders. Then Karagounis will score. Then gavroi will panick and Cisse will score!

After that, I expect mayhem! :ph34r:

Valverde is already planning his next job interview. :P

Olympiakos posible starting 11:

--------------------------------Pardo------------------------------------------

---------Torosidis-------A.Papadopoulos----------Melberg----------Bravo--------

----------------Ibagaza---------------------Modesto---------------------------

---------------Djebour------------Fuster------------------Riera-----------------

-----------------------------Mirallas-----------------------

I would love to see Ibagaza score in this match... He deserves to score due to his contributions through-out the season..

good luck today. i hope we see a fantastic match, i think it will be a classic derby. im so excited for this match i wish it was time already!

if i were a betting man, my prediction would be a 2-1 win for olympiakos but things will surely get more interesting if pao take this one, which obviously i hope happens. evala, dont be so sure that oly will be able to hold a 4+ with aek and paok left to play. this is a very important match for both teams.

for me, i think whoever wins this match will win the championship.

I just have put my 2 cents here too. Oly played better overall this season, BUT their title has been cheapened by this game. Katsou's goal was 100% legit. Then being 1-2 up, PAO would be defending to keep the score in the final few minutes not trying to win the game (as the only result PAO needed).

Plus the second Oly goal was an offside interference with Tzorvas.

Now, as far as the fan behavior (and some players).... this is Greek football, and it's a disgrace, ontop of horrible referring.

I try to be objective as possible, but this game should have been won by PAO. We'll never know how Oly would have responded in the remaining games being +4.... (probably they'd have won the title anyway)

My twopence worth: Olympiakos could've destroyed PAO early in the game. After the 1st goal, if they had kept up their pace, we would've been looking at a 3 goal margin.

The PAO goal is the 81' was a ref's nightmare: a melee in the box, the GK coming out past his defenders and several touches before the final one by Katsouranis.

However, the goal by Djebbour should never have been given: it was similar to Katsouranis' but a lot easier to call as Tzorvas stayed put. Clearly Pandelic was off, clearly he interfered with one defender and also obstructed the GK.

PAO supporters can complain about losing this match but should admit their team did not deserve a victory.

My twopence worth: Olympiakos could've destroyed PAO early in the game. After the 1st goal, if they had kept up their pace, we would've been looking at a 3 goal margin.

The PAO goal is the 81' was a ref's nightmare: a melee in the box, the GK coming out past his defenders and several touches before the final one by Katsouranis.

However, the goal by Djebbour should never have been given: it was similar to Katsouranis' but a lot easier to call as Tzorvas stayed put. Clearly Pandelic was off, clearly he interfered with one defender and also obstructed the GK.

PAO supporters can complain about losing this match but should admit their team did not deserve a victory.

Irlandos i really respect your views and always look forward to your posts but i'm afraid what you're saying here is nonsence in my opinion. The Katsouranis goal was not tough to call, 4 players were playing him onside. Regardless of the melee in the box, there were 4 players between him and the goal when the ball was played. Getting that wrong is inexcusable. Besides, the linesman should only award a decision if he is sure. For example, if there's a coming together of 2 players in the box and i'm the ref and i'm not 100% sure it was a penalty, i allow the game to continue, i don't make blow my whistle and make the decision. Or if I think an elbow may have been used as 2 players go up for a header but i don't actually see it, i will not award a foul and pull out a red card.

As for who played better, yes they played better at their home ground. That's fair enough. However the team that plays better doesn't always win the game, if that's what football was about there'd be no point in watching it because Barcelona would always meet Arsenal in the final of the CL and Barca would win it every single year. They played better, but we should have won.

I have yet to see a replay of that entire play that conclusively shows, one way or the other, whether that goal should've stood.

During the melee in the box, I remember spotting at least one player in what seemed to be an offside position. Questions go up in an official's mind: is he interfering with any opponents in any way?

When the ball finally went in, the first thing I looked for was the referee. Either way, I wouldn't have been surprised as this was difficult. Btw, there wasn't a single replay that didn't leave me with doubts.

The bottom line is: this was PAO's most important game of the year and they didn't do enough to deserve a win.

As for the violence on and off the field, that is inexcusable. :tdown:

I did not see the game but i found the highlights and my 2 cents are really honest and simple.I feel ashamed for what happened at the end with fans getting inside the pitch and dare to touch,hit and attack Cisse Zilberto and the other Pao players.This is the WORSE example of fan violence and stupidity and somebody needs to ACT now.In a stadium full of cops and security people,one of the biggest games in our country and they are allowing things like that to happen,sorry but f-u-c-k the game,close the championship,close SL and EPO and create something new...copy the english sport rules and system otherwise we might have dead kids in our hands as a result of this BS.Black day-week for the Greek soccer and i dont see any light.President-players-managers all talking and fighting is like ancient Rome in the arena with gladiators and lions s-h-i-t,not soccer game....XENEROSA ASXIMA........

The only man with balls in this whole fiasco cituation was Valverde,after the game press conference he said how bad the whole after game bs was and he did not go to any club to celebrate for this horible fan hatred display.

Other than that,XENEROMA.....kai AHDIA

I found this video,i dont care what Govou and Kante are doing like the Redplanet talks about,i was looking at the few cops and the PERA VREXEI KAI KATSE NA KOITAME POU ARXIZOUN OI SFALIARES KAI MPOUKETA....mindblowing.....i must be more american that greek after 11 years in the states because for me this APATHEIA and lack of any order is driving me NUTS.....This is Ellada biggest soccer event in 2011!!!!!!

crazy, i know this isnt the time for 'i told you so' but i knew this sort of thing was going to happen...it was all boiling down to this you could almost feel the tension building up..this is a tragedy in my opinion and made even worst that marinakis and co. not only refuse to take the blame but instigate problems and go as far as call our players (players with class and caliber like cisse and gilberto) liars and say they were making the attacks against them up...its ridiculous..

im glad you have the sense to apologize, probably bc you have lived in the eksoteriko, so you have some sense in you and are man enough to admit when there is a problem and who is at fault..for that i commend you, the problem lies in greece with the fans that have no sense and do not respect anything or anyone.

i could continue forever but i will be short, i have been follwing the debauchary closely and carefully..den einai wra gia psila logia, its time for action.

one things is for sure, we will not be seeing players of class like gilberto and cisse, who both will leave in the summer. i hope all the olympiakos fans and management are happy. exoun dikaio, why play here?

I found this video,i dont care what Govou and Kante are doing like the Redplanet talks about,i was looking at the few cops and the PERA VREXEI KAI KATSE NA KOITAME POU ARXIZOUN OI SFALIARES KAI MPOUKETA....mindblowing.....i must be more american that greek after 11 years in the states because for me this APATHEIA and lack of any order is driving me NUTS.....This is Ellada biggest soccer event in 2011!!!!!!

Crazy... The last few seconds of tha video clip says it all... Look at the cop just getting away from all the "drama" and just hanging out next to the tunnel.. I guarantee you that he told himself "F**** This I'm outta here.."

So, what do you expect him to do? Club someone and risk going to jail for a decade or two? This is metapolitefsi Greece we're talking about, not the pre-1967 years :box: - and certainly not the junta years :bangin: .

It's no longer worth the risk to crack down on anyone or anything in post-1974 Greece... :tdown:

to be honest having seen this i'm starting to think this has been propaganda led by our club. I can't see a single Olymp fan hitting a PAO player, but i can see Simao and Kante kicking Oly fans :blink: Cisse also said that fans were waving inflatable bananas at him, i haven't seen any evidence of that either though. Has anyone else?

I'm starting to think that the authorities of both clubs are as bad as each other and both spout propaganda in order to get one over on the other. We need admirable, honourable people at the top, not the alites that run things now!

I was just think ing about this as I was driving home... So I'll make this point as quickly as possible.. I will also post this on the Panathinaikos forum as well..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think if EPO comes out and deducts 6 points away from Olympiacos due to the fans reactions after the game..

Wouldn't this be the perfect time for something like this?? Everyone is saying that the protathlima is over, Olympiacos won another one w/ the refs and so on and so on.....

I look at it in 3 ways:

(a) The chase for the protathlima is up for grabs again

(B) EPO can finally put their foot down

© This should wake up some of these idiot fans that got on the pitch to do nothing but cause an issue..

Again, this was just a though... I will post this on the PAO forum as well...

What do you guys think??

Archived