Phantis Forums

Greece - Canada

Genome

thoughts on the squad? I'm very disappointed to see Halkias in ahead of Tzorvas. Halkias is poor, we saw that again in the weekend game when he conceded a soft goal (Ninis free kick, similar to the one he conceded in a friendly against South Korea). I also think K.Papadopoulos would have been a more favourable addition than Siovas. Finally i'd have preferred Fotakis (unless, is he injured?) than Kone.

Glad Georgiadis is in though, want to see what he can do. Lybe also deserves to be in so glad he's been called up.

Hopefully we get to see Ninis and Fetfa on the pitch at the same time, let's see if it can work.

greece line up

sifakis (halkias HT)

torosidis (vyntra HT)

moras

papastathopoulos

tzavelas

ninis

karagounis

katsouranis (kafes HT)

fetfatzidis

salpingidis (mitroglou HT)(giorgiadis 69 mins)

lyberopoulos (kone 60mins)

poor first half, mitroglou looks lively since his introduction for the ineffective salpi, but has since limped off, katsouranis was awful, greece look much better in the second half

1-0 decent finish from fetfa, about 20 mins to play

paidia fetz, ninis and mitroglou could become a deadly trio. i hope we see them playing together more, ninis giving the depth and distribution from the midfield and fetz giving etoima gol sto mitroglou..in acouple years hopefully that will solve our attack problems..you could see they were trying to introduce some quality in our attack that has been lacking...

samara could help there too if he becomes more consistant. i dont mind having lybe around but just off the bench.

overal the play was not great...first half was poor, we looked content to not go forward..in the second half we looked better and chased the goal.

i am not sure i want chalkias in there either but he made a fantastic stop in the second half.

georgiadis will definitly need to play for a bigger club then panserraiko if he wants to improve for the NT. im not a believer that a player must either play for pao/oly/aek/paok to get called into the NT but you can tell he lacks high level playing experience...he looks a bright player though.

I agree with everything pao123 has said. The only i disagree with is that we were not good for the whole 2nd half. We played well from 45-65 mins... or for as long as Mitroglou was on for ;)

I'd also add Fetfa needs to play as a forward with Mitroglou. A dekari in other words. His through-ball is different class, in fact, his through-ball is arguably world class. In the first half though when he played on the left he was anonymous. If we can't tempt Kyrgiakos and Gekas out of retirement I'd still like to see this tried in a friendly:

-----------------------------------------Sifakis-----------------------------------------------

---------------------Sokratis-----------Moras----------------Avraam----------------------

Torosidis---------------------------------------------------------------------------Tzavellas

----------------------Ninis--------------K.Papadopoulos----------Fotakis------------------

--------------------------------Fetfa----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Mitroglou---------------------------------

and another friendly with the same formation but have a midfield of Ninis-Kafes-Fetfa. Salpi up front with Mitroglou and K.Papa in for Avraam.

Archived