Phantis Forums

And then there was 1

thrylos

i think that cisse is obviously a class above 98% of the players in the super league..i bet marinakis wished he had a cisse in his squad and obviously aek and paok as well..

his stats speak for themselves, although i am almost completely sure he will leave in the summer, he will definitly be considered one of the best foreign players to play in greece...

It depends on the time frame. When to keep him and for how long?

I want to see a long-term planning and stability in the team. We've seen that the team has many problems. The best player ever in the universe wouldn't make a difference right now because this is a team sport.

Looking long-term, I'd say Ninis. By the time the team gells, improves, and become formidable, Cisse would be too old or not interested in staying with PAO. I think that if PAO doesn't make it into the CL next season, Cisse will have lost all interest.... and, no team needs someone who's not interested in playing for it.

Sorry guys but i have to strongly disagree. If i was the manager I'd place Ninis, Boumsong, Garcia, and Katsouranis on the transfer list. They all have decent reputations so we could raise decent funds for them. Boumsong isn't the defender we needed, Garcia is finished and Katsouranis just doesn't care anymore. As for Ninis, he rarely delivers. He's blatantly going to be one of those players that is eternally known for being a "talent" and he will never fulfil it. He's too slow, can't dribble, is physically too weak and doesn't score goals. He has a good through ball and short passing ability but he even fails to take full advantage of that because his movement isn't great. If we could get

Sorry guys but i have to strongly disagree. If i was the manager I'd place Ninis, Boumsong, Garcia, and Katsouranis on the transfer list. They all have decent reputations so we could raise decent funds for them. Boumsong isn't the defender we needed, Garcia is finished and Katsouranis just doesn't care anymore. As for Ninis, he rarely delivers. He's blatantly going to be one of those players that is eternally known for being a "talent" and he will never fulfil it. He's too slow, can't dribble, is physically too weak and doesn't score goals. He has a good through ball and short passing ability but he even fails to take full advantage of that because his movement isn't great. If we could get

Cisse. He has the talent, attitude, and leadership. Face it, hes the best player in the Superleague and its no wonder Liverpool and other clubs are going to be trying to take him back, especially with PAO crumbling.

Ninis.....good player, but his attitude on the pitch is starting to make me angry. This year I see him diving, complaining, hes getting injured all the time, and hes not delivering.

I agree.....sell him off while hes valuable. This clubs about to go into the dark ages and well need the money, there are superleague players who can contribute as much as he does.

typical response from you euro :D  (im obviously not saying this in a bad way)

i disagree but  i see where you are going. boumsong should stay, he is actually the only player who is a proper addition to the team...partner him with someone better than kante-sarriegi and we have a great CB duo...other than cisse, boum has been our best player so far this year...maldini in his prime wouldnt be able to form a good partnership with a player like sarriegi.

i agree about garcia...bye bye, wasteful signing...its unbelievable that he is making 700-800.000 this year..

Boumsong was poor in the CL and he has a bigger contract than Kante. Sarriegui is just a back up. Either way, being our best defender doesn't mean much because we're horrible at the back. We need an overhaul there. The reason i suggested selling Boumsong rather than Kante is because he's a bigger name and will bring in a bigger fee.

we would not get more than a million or two for kats and he doesnt want to leave greece..keep him on the team, but he doesnt have to be starting...he can be good off the bench, helping feed cisse when oppositions back lines are a bit tired and starting to open up..i wouldnt mind seeing him take a pay cut though..

I think we could get 3m euros from a club abroad for Kats. He's highly rated in Europe. Even in the UK people recognize the name and respect him. That money plus what would be saved on his contract would be worth it. It's not just the fact that he's lazy and ineffective, he's also a disruptive influence. The entire ethniki has been uprooted because of his attitude and relationship with Santos.

ninis is still 20, i am not really that impressed with him either, but he can still develop into a karagouni-like player...it is difficult for a player like nini to develop when we continue changing coaches...stability of a coach leads to stability and growth within certain players, i can give you a million examples...the boy definitly needs to work on his fitness..if we can get that price for him as you say euro then i would not be too upset to see him go, but

i dont think any team would pay 3 million for katsourani...dont forget he is turning 32 this summer. sure he has a big contract, but thats why i said, id like to see him with a smaller contract..

boumsong was poor in the CL but the team as a whole was abysmal...he looked no worst than the rest of the team.

he has been a stand out player this year, sure we are in the midst of a very bad season, but i would rate him as a little bright spot this year. i dont know how much kante makes but he is not worth the money...he is a non-factor on the field..i would prefer him to sit the bench, sarriegi to go and boumsong to be partnered with another solid defender...you sell boumsong, you need to buy 2 central defenders, and hope they both gel to the new team immediately..not an easy task, even with money made from a possible big cisse transfer, considering we also need to buy more players..buy douglao, partner him with boumsong and kante off the bench...sounds already better.

part of the reason our defense is bad is because spyropoulos is having an incredibly poor year, both offensively and defensively..we need a left back.

when i was comparing ninis and karagouni, i wasnt talking about their characteristics, i was refering to their importance to the club in general..even though everyone is having field day with bashing kara recently, he is a symbol of our club and will always be, ninis can be the player who learns to play that role when karagounis is gone. he needs to work on alot of his game but as i said, still 20 and will still grow and change as a player.

either way, i was agreeing with you..i just doubt someone will offer that money for him..if they do, as i said, i would not be too upset to see him go..

as far as the papazoglou, athanasiadi thing, i think the discussion had both names in them..22 is still young, and this is the first year he is seeing minutes at the club...he has shown very good signs..dont forget no one knew who luca toni was until he was 27..i think you may be very short sighted, or maybe focusing purely on statistics...this is greece, not spain where stars are born at 17, 18, 19..this is a problem in the system and is a totally different conversation though.. also athanasiadi and petropoulo are two very different kinds of players, petro is also 25.

beginning with topic we touched upon about the coaches...this senario has happend endless time...a player get alot of minutes, shows signs of improvement one year, has the faith of the coach, the coach gets fired and then all of a sudden he falls out of favor and sits the bench or gets loaned out...a good example of this was nini and peseiro..it happends too often..without steady coaches, improvement will be stagnant.

Archived