Phantis Forums

Apostolos Vellios ‒ Pec Zwolle

Euro2004

At 6'4 and with his strength you would think he would be better than he is. 

Sure getting game time is good and all but its the Danish league.

At 23 and still relatively young he should be looking at one of the top 4-5 leagues. He's not going to develop in any way playing in Denmark.

I agree Vellios should be given a chance on the ethniki because dont know lately all our players in the striking position are playing horrible and. i know Vellios will not score 4 goals for us but who knows. we should just give him a chance and let him prove how good he can be. surely put him instead of Klaus, and Mitroglou is not in the form like he was and we should also give a shot to Diamantakos in the friendly. Aravidis should also be given a chance. Also u reckon we should give Salpingidis another shot at striker or not? 

Edited by Dean97

No way Vellios gets selected ahead of Mitro, Klaus, Giannou or Aravidis.

He's playing in a low level league and he's not exactly banging them in. Aravidis is more deserving of a NT call up.

He either steps up and scores 25 goals in Denmark and takes his game up to the next level or he just stays a professional footballer earning a pay cheque.

This is the reality of where Vellios is at the moment.

• Like it 1

Hi GrkCdn22 , good to see you to man! i didnt follow vellios at all after he left lierse on loan and remember far away that the team he plays for now didnt play highest division but that was long time ago , i should have looked better hahaha.

yeah amorgos i did a very wrong search about him , not sure what i was doing there hahahaha. this is what i found with my wrong search. 2004/2005 season.

http://www.futbol24.com/national/Denmark/2-Division/2004-2005/

Absolutely ridiculous this guy would get a call up over any of our other guys. Vellios over Klaus? Are you kidding me?

Would rather see Diamantakos over Vellios, but he'd be a DISTANT fourth to Samaras/Mitro/Klaus. Aravidis, needs to show his current form in the first division before I bite.

I have a cousin who plays in a league at his middle school, maybe we should call him up? He's got swagger, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Good strikers goal. If Mandzukic scored that goal some guys would be jerking themselves stupid.

I say he should get a call up against the Faroes as they play a similar style to their big brothers the Danes so Tolis should be well prepared and know what to expect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Should have stayed in Greece, 1 season at Iraklis where you get 10 goals is nothing special, he needed another season where he outdid himself last season to give himself more confidence.

BIG difference playing vs horafia teams and PL bound teams.

• Like it 1

I was one of the people who were hoping the move to Forrest would happen. Apparently its too much for him.

Shouldnt stay at Ira. Should have stayed in Greece Oly/Aek were probably hoping they could get their hands on him. Would probably be better if he did that. Who knows though. We ve seen players play amazing in preseason and then become instant flops. Bet the opposite could happen.

Vellios is a retard for choosing the championship over the superleague. A league where he was guaranteed first-team football in his own motherland, and a chance to have another successful season and get back in the national team picture. But he threw it all away, to play for Nottingham forest, or atleast warm the bench for them. Mallllaaakaaa

• Like it 2

• Argy changed the title to Apostolos Vellios ‒ (transferred to Atromitos from Nottingham Forest on June 23, 2019)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Apostolos Vellios ‒ Pec Zwolle
  • Argy locked this topic
  • Dutch Eagle unlocked this topic