Phantis Forums

ALPHA SAT is up on DISHNETWORK

• 2 weeks later...

Alpha Sat is going to be in the Greek Elite package with no extra charge, And ala carte for $14.99 a month.

There is rumors that more Greek channels will be moving to Dish network.

DKSat

Great news! It seems the situation with Ant1's hold at Dish has loosened up a bit if Alpha Sat will be allowed to be carried a la carte. As for other channels moving, I think Mega is an obvious target for Dish. I wonder if Dish would still hold a grudge against them for leaving, even though they were technically distributed by a different company back then.

Interestingly enough, I just posted a thread on Satelliteguys.us earlier today asking about the Greek package on DirecTV. Also while searching around, I noticed Alpha announced their move to Dish Network on their official facebook page.

Well thats good news but how is Alpha making any money if they are leaving the package at the same price?

This truly shows how overpriced the package was to begin with, and how much money they were making. Keep in mind that the package was recently just lowered from $34.99 to $24.99 too. Either way, I predict we will see an increase sooner rather than later. Maybe keep the price attractive at first to pull subs in, then increase later.

GREEK: ELITE

$24.99

The Greek Elite Pack is a comprehensive non-stop 24 hour entertainment package which offers 10 fantastic Greek channels broadcasting a variety of news, popular series, talk shows, documentaries, classic films, sports, and children's programming directly from Greece.

New Customers CALL NOW: 1-888-473-3588

ALPHA SAT 586 ANTENNA 20 YEARS CHANNEL 589

ANTENNA RADIO 911 ANTENNA SATELLITE 605

BLUE 588 ERA-5 915

ERA-SPORT 916 ERT WORLD 603

NET 105.8 914 RYTHMOS RADIO 912

SUPER SPORT FM 913

www.dishnetwork.com/international/Greek/default.aspx?lang=Greek

DKSat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone notice that Dish Network updated the layout on their site, and they do not include Alpha Sat in any of the packages? It is not even in the "Compare packages" chart. I assume this is just an oversight on their part?

http://www.dishnetwork.com/international/G...an〈=Greek

Alpha Sat is still not listed on the Dish Network website, either in the regular section or the section for commercial businesses. At first I thought perhaps it was a glitch with the new layout of the international channels page on the site but it has been a few weeks now and still no sign of it- is it still there?!

• 9 months later...

I wonder if the Alter gang (Hatzinikolaou, Autias, Triantafilopoulos) will all reunite at Alpha now that Kontominas is back in charge?! It will be interesting to see what changes he makes with the station once he takes over?! Will he go the Antenna route and fill it with cheap crap or will he try and challenge Mega for the top spot by bringing in big name talent and good quality shows?!

I wonder if the Alter gang (Hatzinikolaou, Autias, Triantafilopoulos) will all reunite at Alpha now that Kontominas is back in charge?! It will be interesting to see what changes he makes with the station once he takes over?! Will he go the Antenna route and fill it with cheap crap or will he try and challenge Mega for the top spot by bringing in big name talent and good quality shows?!

Rumors say that Kontominas is planning to stick to cost cutting and a low budget for Alpha. Any changes in programing will occur next season. As for Hatzinikolaou, he is rumored to be signing with Ant1 to present the news 4 times a week, and Aftias is rumored to be signing with Skai.

Archived