Phantis Forums

Panionos 1-0 AEK

ukchris

Once upon a time...

Towards the end of 2000, I visited Athens with my newish Greek girlfriend (we met in London, where we both lived). Being a big football fan, I wanted to go and see a game. Panionios were at home, so we decided to go to that. It was a Saturday night game against AEK and, against all the odds, Panionios managed to win. Inspired by the exciting victory, the friendly crowd and the fact that Panionios played in the same red shirts / blue shorts as my beloved York City, I became a fan.

Ten yesrs later, I still look out for every Panionios result and go to see them whenever I'm in Athens.

And, ten years later, when we needed a win *really* badly, we got another unlikely win against AEK. I watched it online from the UK tpnight, and although the picture was patchy it looked like we deserved that result.

So, here's to another ten years as a Panther. (Oh, and me and the girlfriend are now happily married with two gorgeous sons who will, of course, grow up to be Panionios fans too).

:-)

So, here's to another ten years as a Panther. (Oh, and me and the girlfriend are now happily married with two gorgeous sons who will, of course, grow up to be Panionios fans too).

:-)

Congratulations file, I wish you a life time of happiness with your wife and kids :) and also congratulations on today's match, you deserved the win.

Congratulations file, I wish you a life time of happiness with your wife and kids :) and also congratulations on today's match, you deserved the win.

Thanks George - that's really kind of you.

We'd be bottom by two points if we hadn't won today, so it really was a huge result. Let's hope it kickstarts the season for us. And good luck to AEK for the rest of the year!

Archived